Oh and Luke Jephcott scored tonight. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oh and Luke Jephcott scored tonight.

Aug 1, 2022
It’s the sign of our progress.
Luke is a good goal scorer at League 2 level.
We are an aspiring Championship team.
Even if we played 2 up front he would be last choice behind Cosgrove, Ennis and Hardy and a significant drop in standards.
Our ex strikers (Tyler Harvey etc) disappeared into non league. Now they go to league 2. It’s progress….

Jul 12, 2016
Not good enough for Swindon ??

So far on loan at Swindon Luke has averaged a goal every 154 minutes.
Were he to play a full season that would equate to just under 27 goals in a season.

He also has 1 assist.

He is currently Swindon’s joint top goalscorer having played just over half the games of their other forward players.

I think he’s doing very well at Swindon myself.
Try reading what I actually said “IF he is not good enough” Talk about trying to make something out of nothing!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The question really is why you say that?

How about 'If he scored 17 goals'.

The reason why people pick up your posts is that you're so so negative.

May 12, 2022
i have a feeling we are going to recall him in Jan if we keep getting injuries the bench is looking a wee bit thin maybe recall ryan law too?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
i have a feeling we are going to recall him in Jan if we keep getting injuries the bench is looking a wee bit thin maybe recall ryan law too?

I don't think we need to recall either of them personally.

We have three fit strikers (Ennis, Cosgrove and Hardie), plus Whittaker who can play there as well. I'm not sure Jephcott would get much of a look in.

As for Law, I thought Endacott performed well when he played against Peterborough and with Miller returning at some point we have adequate wing back cover. If he's playing regularly at Gillingham then I don't think it'll do them, Ryan or us any favours to bring him back for him to sit on the bench again.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I’m fairly certain I read from their owner or someone similar when they signed him, that they have an option to buy, which they will use in January?

Might be my mind playing tricks on me but I think it was because a permanent couldn’t be completed before the deadline.

Jan 27, 2012
Isn't Jephcott out of contract in the summer? If so, it seems unlikely that Argyle could command a fee for him.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Isn't Jephcott out of contract in the summer? If so, it seems unlikely that Argyle could command a fee for him.

Swindon have have the option to make the deal a permanent one and we have the option to recall him in January

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It’s the sign of our progress.
Luke is a good goal scorer at League 2 level.
We are an aspiring Championship team.
Even if we played 2 up front he would be last choice behind Cosgrove, Ennis and Hardy and a significant drop in standards.
Our ex strikers (Tyler Harvey etc) disappeared into non league. Now they go to league 2. It’s progress….

To be absolutely fair - Luke Jephcott is also a good goalscorer at League 1 level. His record clearly backs that up.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Swindon have have the option to make the deal a permanent one and we have the option to recall him in January

We may decide to recall Luke Jephcott in Januar if Cosgrove or Whittaker go back to their parent clubs in January.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We can command a sizeable fee as he’ll be under 24, especially considering he’s played international football for Wales u21’s.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The question really is why you say that?

How about 'If he scored 17 goals'.

The reason why people pick up your posts is that you're so so negative.

Totally agree. Absolutely no need for the negativity 👍

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We have three fit strikers (Ennis, Cosgrove and Hardie), plus Whittaker who can play there as well. I'm not sure Jephcott would get much of a look in.

This is true but with Mayor and perhaps Azaz injured its only really true if you sacrifice the two number 10 positions. With no Mayor and Azaz you have to play Ennis and Whittaker as 10s and then you have just one option for the main striker. Obviously you can change formation, e.g. Whittaker behind two of the others, but that still leaves only one player as cover. We need Mayor and/or Azaz back to have options and the ability to change the attacking structure midgame (which has been such a successful element of Schumacher's management).

Reactions: Keith Whitfield

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
We can command a sizeable fee as he’ll be under 24, especially considering he’s played international football for Wales u21’s.

Im sure a fee with them is agreed and sure he was meant to go for the fee on last day of window but deal wouldn’t be done in time

Apr 16, 2016
All in all lots of good options ( for various scenarios) that nearly all teams in League One would envy. But it does show how style of play change can make a decent player become temporarily redundant. Only when a player is absolutely exceptional do you fit the team style around the player.
I wonder if Pep now just says ' just look for Erling in and around the box and pass it to him!'
Whatever happens long term it's currently two way beneficial for Jephcott and Law to be getting solid runs of game time.

Reactions: David Doidge