Oh and Luke Jephcott scored tonight. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oh and Luke Jephcott scored tonight.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
I belive Jephcott is a very good player given the right service. But we don't play to his strengths. He's not tall enough to be a nuisance like Cosgrove and lacks pace to be a Hardie. However he will score goals given the right situation. I see him more as a poacher. Good luck to him but can't see him playing in this current squad.

Tbh It's a real credit that we have such great forwards to choose from as it wasn't that long ago he was a regular starter alongside Hardie.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Jephcott missed a last minute penalty but must have scored on the rebound

Jephcott (Penalty missed) 90+2'

1 - 1
Jephcott L. 90+2'

Reactions: elburtontrev

I Was There

♣️ North Devon Greens
Feb 2, 2022
He’s got four goals for Swindon now, all from inside the penalty box, pretty much like most of the goals he scored for Argyle.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He‘s young and a proven goalscorer. Why on Earth are Argyle letting him leave the club for free?
Will he fit in here if we bring him back? Probably not

Will he sign a contract extension with us for us to then sell for a fee? Probably not

Is it in Luke’s interest to find regular football? Most certainly

Will the club stand in his way of doing this? I hope not

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
He‘s young and a proven goalscorer. Why on Earth are Argyle letting him leave the club for free?

We are not, there is an agreement in place for a fee to be paid in summer

Sep 3, 2009
Good for Jephers.

Let’s not forget that 3 of our 5 goal scorers don’t belong to us. Any one of them could go back in January and if not, it seems unlikely we’ll get to sign any of them in the summer.

It sounds probable that Jephcott will move on but who knows? He remains an Argyle player, so perhaps there is a route back for him. He’s only 22, so we still hold the cards contractually.

Good luck to him, whatever. Seems like a good kid.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
He's a good goal poacher and a reasonable all rounder but lacks the necessary pace, physical strength and general sharpness for top-end league one or above. There's a lot of footballing career left ahead of him and he will do well at another club but not at Argyle.

Reactions: Green 1886

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
He doesn't suit our style, simple as that. It is a shame, he is a modern Tynan-esque type player and I do rate him, but football moves on and he hasn't moved on with the new Argyle

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Unfortunately can’t see Jephcott coming back. If he is not good enough for Swindon he is unlikely to be good enough in our current set up. On the other hand if he continues to impress for Swindon they will sign him.

Not good enough for Swindon ??

So far on loan at Swindon Luke has averaged a goal every 154 minutes.
Were he to play a full season that would equate to just under 27 goals in a season.

He also has 1 assist.

He is currently Swindon’s joint top goalscorer having played just over half the games of their other forward players.

I think he’s doing very well at Swindon myself.

Last edited:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
He's a good goal poacher and a reasonable all rounder but lacks the necessary pace, physical strength and general sharpness for top-end league one or above. There's a lot of footballing career left ahead of him and he will do well at another club but not at Argyle.

I personally think Luke does have enough strength. Apart from being a natural goalscorer, holding the ball up and bringing others into play is one of the good parts to his game I’d say.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jephcott is a casualty of the formation change.
He was tried out as a number 10 in the pre-season friendly games and it didn't work out.

He's a good striker in a front pairing but even then he was asked to drop deep last season and link the play.

Ennis has showed his versatility by playing as a lone striker and as a number 10.

It's a real shame for Jephcott.