Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke)

Apr 30, 2011
Nothing to do with us, but I notice Niall Ennis is being linked with a bunch of League 1 clubs.

How's that grass Niall, much greener is it?
Well he will still be getting paid £18k a week for the privilege. I bet he's crying all the way from his 5 bed detached country residence all the way to his brand new Merc.

I'd still have him back here!

Reactions: David Friio's mate

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Well he will still be getting paid £18k a week for the privilege. I bet he's crying all the way from his 5 bed detached country residence all the way to his brand new Merc.

I'd still have him back here!

I don't think I would, I don't think he's good enough for the Championship. A short purple patch at the end of last season when he was looking for a move has vastly improved a lot of memories of his track record at the club.

May 16, 2016
A few people like rewriting history. If Ennis had left us in the summer of 2022, i dont think anyone would have been disappointed, his first 2 years with us, were very unspectacular, often injured, lacked goals and consistency.
He had an excellent 3/4 month period which coincided with his contract running down - its happened before, it will happen again, but no way was this guy the world beater some make him out to be. Check his stats 6 in 34 (20/21), 4 in 28 (21/22) and of those 10 goals, 9 came against sides that finished bottom half that season.
I dont doubt he played a part of our getting over the line last year and for that i/we i guess would all be grateful, but there is very little in his footballing CV to say he'd be a banker for success in the Championship, far more to suggest he is injury prone and inconsistent.
The 'Jason Banton' factor isn't it.

Only remember the soft focus good bits. Like a lot of players there's an outpouring for, they've gone through the purple patch that we all remember them for.

I think he was a very good L1 striker on his day, but we've no idea of how good he might have been at this level. If he'd been a regular for Blackburn, the addition of him to any wishlist might have appeared unwarranted.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Jan 6, 2004
Any chance of a sneaky loan deal back to us? We would pay half his salary and he might actually get his career back on track.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
We have moved on
If by moving on you mean Ben Waine then, with all due respect, because he tries, but that doesn't look like moving on to me.. he's the proverbial square peg in a round hole. I'd definitely take a fit Ennis over our current back-up strikers (Isaaka is wayyy too young for that kind of pressure).

Jan 6, 2004
We need to spend a little to help us.

Not every question is answered with a loan deal.
True but strikers are expensive and at least to see us over the line this season we are far more likely to get sufficient quality with a loan than another few hundred thousand spent on another Ben Waine work in progress player.