Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke)

His lack of progress is a shocking read on the BR fans site, where there is a thread devoted to him. Claims that he was significantly overweight when he arrived, already known to be injury prone, and on his rare appearances has displayed a very poor touch. Moans that their manager simply took a punt because he was free. Regrets all round it seems. I was really sorry to lose him at the time.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
If Blackburn are looking to loan him out, what odds he winds up at Stoke?

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
I wasn’t surprised he got a lucrative move to the Championship as he’s great when fit, but was more than shocked he got the 4 year contract.
He always seemed either injured, coming back from injury, or having to be managed through games and rarely completed the full 90 mins.
It serves them right for not doing their homework on him.
They even insinuated it was our fault he started pre season overweight and unfit.

Its a similar situation to Galloway and Miller only we were sensible enough not to commit ourselves to a long contract.

Reactions: Tavy Tony
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
I still can't get over the "Bali Mumba, we want you to stay" chants during the victory parade.

When they got off the yachts at the Barbican all the players were mobbed. The particular chant though was directed toward Ennis.

Quality player that should have stayed. However with the intensity of the Championship, would we have got many games from him?

Reactions: Tavy Tony

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Again, smacks of karma.

It’s not always beneficial for a player to up sticks and move based purely on money.

It won’t ever change thou so get on with it Blackburn and Ennis.

Reactions: Shorty
Nov 18, 2011
We wouldn’t have got promoted without him last season. A brilliant all round forward when he’s fit and firing.

A real shame. He should have stayed.
If he had been given a new contract on bigger wages and then had the same injuries that he's had at Blackburn I'm sure there'd be many fans saying it was a waste of wages.

Reactions: bodspafc

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I still can't get over the "Bali Mumba, we want you to stay" chants during the victory parade.

When they got off the yachts at the Barbican all the players were mobbed. The particular chant though was directed toward Ennis.

Quality player that should have stayed. However with the intensity of the Championship, would we have got many games from him?
Probably because he was loved by nearly all the fans, played really well for us and has a lot of potential, he also at least completed 90 minutes on a regular basis.
Ennis or Mumba?
For me it would have been Mumba anyway, but I would have liked Ennis to have stayed but he did what a lot of players do, jumped ship for a bigger club with more money in his bank and I am sure he is happy when he gets paid each month, just a shame he wasted a golden opportunity of regular Championship football.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He made the choice to move on
He has been in the football long enough to know sometimes a move does not work out
But it is not all bad he is collecting a wage at the end of every month

Reactions: Tugboat

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Surprisingly if the list on the capology site is to be believed he is on £3500 per week.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Yeah, I can’t say that I have much sympathy for either him or Blackburn fans. It would be nice to turn up to work, perhaps do something productive, perhaps not, and get paid a six figure salary by the end of the year.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016