New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":1hogp0ph said:
IJN":1hogp0ph said:
Why do you care, you’ll use none of them!

What are you on about? Do you want to see my stubs from last season. I went up to the Doncaster home game and again from Wigan onwards. I'll install a webcam this season so you can keep up pal

Sorry Patrick, I honestly thought you didn't go any more. :oops:

After all, this what you said in October 2017:-

up_the_line":1hogp0ph said:
Haven't gone in weeks - listening to the commentary I'm not regretting it - Adams has successfully destroyed my interest in my own club. I'll put the saved cash into something has some reward or interest to it. Adams compounds my annoyance with cloud cuckoo land post match interviews in which he explores some sort of alternative universe none of us have any sight of in which Argyle have peppered to opposition goal with shots and he should be leading Real Madrid out in the Champions League final.
If he goes, I'll go back

As he didn't 'go' I assumed you stayed away! :greensmile:

Still, it's good to see you're as fickle as a Janner, even with your Northern accent. :scarf:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":2vet3uru said:
up_the_line":2vet3uru said:
IJN":2vet3uru said:

What are you on about? Do you want to see my stubs from last season. I went up to the Doncaster home game and again from Wigan onwards. I'll install a webcam this season so you can keep up pal

up_the_line":2vet3uru said:
Haven't gone in weeks - listening to the commentary I'm not regretting it - Adams has successfully destroyed my interest in my own club. I'll put the saved cash into something has some reward or interest to it. Adams compounds my annoyance with cloud cuckoo land post match interviews in which he explores some sort of alternative universe none of us have any sight of in which Argyle have peppered to opposition goal with shots and he should be leading Real Madrid out in the Champions League final.
If he goes, I'll go back

Still, it's good to see you're as fickle as a Janner, even with your Northern accent. :scarf:

Thought the football was good in the second half of the season. For the want of a (non crocked) striker in January eh

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I did tell you via PM. :greensmile:

Glad you came back. :thumbup:

Mar 14, 2009
I think we need the season to get underway because it might actually finally get away from the grandstand talk and let the people who are building it just get on with it.

I do wonder if the internet and social media were as prevalent back in the day when phase one under Stapleton was being carried out if we would of had as much discussion about when was phase 2 going to happen & wont the old grandstand look weird with the new 3 sides complete etc......

Just gonna let the professionals get on with it and at the end of the build make an assesment of how it is. Even now, minimal changes are occurring & happening weekly to the plans so it seems almost impossible to fully understand what exactly the end build will be like.

Thought people would be happy that at least we are trying to modernise HP. Even if you think its being done on the cheap. Yet it seems that isnt the case for some of the fan base which is a shame because for me the work we are doing on the grandstand at present counts as progress.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
up_the_line":3bur74nu said:
IJN":3bur74nu said:
IJN":3bur74nu said:

If he goes, I'll go back

Thought the football was good in the second half of the season. For the want of a (non crocked) striker in January eh

Funny you should say that.

It is quite interesting that your Pasoti posts between 22nd December 2017 (22nd position) and 20th April 2018 (6th position) were 'NIL'. We dropped to 7th on 21st April with a disappointing defeat at Northampton (0-2) and, true to form, you were back.
During that period, when you had nothing to say, Argyle's playing record was Played 19, Won 13, Drew 4, Lost 2 and Points 43.
Surely, you can understand that other posters realise that you only post when you have something to complain about.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davie nine":bzgksp1t said:
up_the_line":bzgksp1t said:
IJN":bzgksp1t said:
IJN":bzgksp1t said:

If he goes, I'll go back

It is quite interesting that your Pasoti posts between 22nd December 2017 (22nd position) and 20th April 2018 (6th position) were 'NIL'. We dropped to 7th on 21st April with a disappointing defeat at Northampton (0-2) and, true to form, you were back.
During that period, when you had nothing to say, Argyle's playing record was Played 19, Won 13, Drew 4, Lost 2 and Points 43.
Surely, you can understand that other posters realise that you only post when you have something to complain about.

At the end of the season I ate humble pie to an extent and stated that I thought the football had been enjoyable.
Still, reassuring to know that there are people out there so fixated on what I write that they dedicate their time to compiling my stats. I'd like to say I'll look out for your posts from now on in the same way but I know I won't so I don't want to promise

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":389mc0m0 said:
up_the_line":389mc0m0 said:
IJN":389mc0m0 said:
IJN":389mc0m0 said:

If he goes, I'll go back

Weridly though the one thing I think he was right about was the state of the football before Christmas.

We might have obtained promotion in the two years from league two but Argyle were built on "moments of play" rather than performances. Whether it was a wonder strike from Carey, a Bradley set piece or just a terrfic Argyle move we were a team that unfortuately often were on the back foot for most of the game. What changed from Christmas onwards was we had more of the ball and we had more forward options. The two seasons before it lead to it being a lone forward and a CAM (Carey) often isolated from the rest of the team. Last six months we added Lamieras and suddenly, especially at home, we had attacking options that were linking up the midfield with the attack.

Maybe it was Adams plan all along. To evolve us slowly into more of an attacking team. Who knows. Yet the one thing UTL is right about is the vast difference in the football we have seen over the last 6 months.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":1plxj8zx said:
Still, reassuring to know that there are people out there so fixated on what I write that they dedicate their time to compiling my stats. I'd like to say I'll look out for your posts from now on in the same way but I know I won't so I don't want to promise

I didn't to be fair, just looked one up.

Davie, we used to have a Mod on here who did things like that, he wasn't well liked and ended up somewhere else. Be warned. :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN, you’ve told me about screenshots before, involving Grumpy, but even you sent UTL some quotes tonight.
If I’m not liked for criticising a serial moaner I’ll have to live with that and take my punishment.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A single quote is fine mate, but to write what you've written is going to spook people.

Simply a friendly warning. It's a football website, it doesn't have to be taken quite so seriously.

As I say an ex Mod used to do it all of the time and he was one of the most unpopular people on here for doing it. Boris his name was.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This was when Mods could have multis. Not a good idea believe you me! :facepalm:

Still we’ve moved on now thankfully.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Metal_Green_Mickey":2e59lsdp said:
I do wonder if the internet and social media were as prevalent back in the day when phase one under Stapleton was being carried out if we would have had as much discussion about when was phase 2 going to happen & wont the old grandstand look weird with the new 3 sides complete etc......

You obviously were not on pasoti in those days then.

That was the time that Steve started GoS too.