New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread)

Sep 17, 2017
loyal1970":1v5h76s4 said:
good keeper Mathews, was mom at Northampton and as others have said keepers make mistakes and he did at Rochdale should never have come for the cross Rochdale scored from too many bodies in the way, I know he's young but I would love to see cooper given a run.

Have seen him playing for the youth team on a few occasions, good to have as a backup, but simply not ready for regular first team inclusion, but I agree he needs a chance maybe Cup and higher level reserve games are the answer.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
PilgrimZ1R":2vr9tanl said:
Before Letheren got injured he was excellent and an equal to Matthews, I for one hope that he becomes our number one. You won’t find a better keeper at this level imho.

There was not a lot between all the keepers last season Ex Cooper who hasn’t really been proven. Letheren all the way for me there’s no need to look any further.

Letheren is a good stand in but I personally don't think he possesses the quality to be a first choice keeper in a top end league 1 side. We need to sign a first choice keeper and let Letheren/Cooper compete to displace whoever it is.

I hope we sign Roos.

Mar 23, 2008
PilgrimZ1R":14hmd6t5 said:
Before Letheren got injured he was excellent and an equal to Matthews, I for one hope that he becomes our number one. You won’t find a better keeper at this level imho.

There was not a lot between all the keepers last season Ex Cooper who hasn’t really been proven. Letheren all the way for me there’s no need to look any further.
Seconded.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Cobi Budge":3h5ogj20 said:
PilgrimZ1R":3h5ogj20 said:

Letheren is a good stand in but I personally don't think he possesses the quality to be a first choice keeper in a top end league 1 side. We need to sign a first choice keeper and let Letheren/Cooper compete to displace whoever it is.

I hope we sign Roos.
Agreed Cobi. Letheren as back up but not first choice.

Sep 17, 2017
Cobi Budge":2sm7vvse said:
PilgrimZ1R":2sm7vvse said:

I hope we sign Roos.

Sign Kelle Roos, based on what, I have nothing against him but he’s a journeyman who’s spent his career being loaned out.

That doesn’t happen if your ‘that’ good, I appreciate what he did for us but seeing Letheren on a much more regular basis I personally think you are very very wrong,

But it’s all about opinions only time will tell who DA puts his faith in, and who is willing to sign but respect your opinion.

Aug 15, 2015
PilgrimZ1R":3cesbwx6 said:
Cobi Budge":3cesbwx6 said:
PilgrimZ1R":3cesbwx6 said:

I hope we sign Roos.

Sign Kelle Roos, based on what, I have nothing against him but he’s a journeyman who’s spent his career being loaned out.

That doesn’t happen if your ‘that’ good, I appreciate what he did for us but seeing Letheren on a much more regular basis I personally think you are very very wrong,

But it’s all about opinions only time will tell who DA puts his faith in, and who is willing to sign but respect your opinion.

With you on this.

I can't work out how people are so personally sure of him being so great, better than Matthews even.

The guy played 4 games for us. 4 games! I will assume 2 home, 2 away.

In this case, most people commenting have only seen him play in 2 games! 2 games is one thing for an outfield player, but for a goalkeeper that's near on nothing. Correct me if wrong but didn't he make a howler during the Gillingham game as well.

It's also one thing suggesting something based on career stats and presenting a case based on other related components (I did similar with Kai Naismith on rumours), it's another being so entirely personally convinced - after 2 games.

Seems to be some form of bias or groupthink going on rather than sound rationale.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
One thing I noticed about Matthews was how quiet a goalkeeper he was. For me goalies should be commanding the area and are dominant characters.
Joe Hart is available....

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pettgreen":gttxtiyn said:
One thing I noticed about Matthews was how quiet a goalkeeper he was. For me goalies should be commanding the area and are dominant characters.
Joe Hart is available....

Agree, Matthews is a very good shot stopper but his communication and distribution needs a lot of work.

Mar 8, 2016
Kelle Roos. Not sure what his current situation is at Derby in terms of contract but he whould be a good signing I think. Im sure Adams will be looking into this to see if it’s feasible.

May 8, 2011
Army green":3duwa8dy said:
Kelle Roos. Not sure what his current situation is at Derby in terms of contract but he whould be a good signing I think. Im sure Adams will be looking into this to see if it’s feasible.

Roos is still under contract at Derby.