New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Personally thought Matthews was a bit overrated. Decent for this level but not the wonder keeper many made him out to be. He made a number of errors which seemed to be overlooked whereas if McCormick or even Letheren had done the same, they wouldn't escape so easily. As I say decent keeper for this level but I'd be surprised if he cuts it as Norwich's first choice just yet as many have suggested he will next season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":1ed0dcho said:
Personally thought Matthews was a bit overrated. Decent for this level but not the wonder keeper many made him out to be. He made a number of errors which seemed to be overlooked whereas if McCormick or even Letheren had done the same, they wouldn't escape so easily. As I say decent keeper for this level but I'd be surprised if he cuts it as Norwich's first choice just yet as many have suggested he will next season.
respect to your viewpoint cobi but i will be surprised if he doesn't make the grade at tier two.

Mar 23, 2008
Cobi Budge":2oivey09 said:
I would agree with that, thought he was a good shot stopper but did not see him as a big upgrade on McCorimick or Letheren. I know everyone can have an off day but his performance against Bristol Rovers was dire, as you say i think he got away lightly that day in terms of criticism.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Strange that we have a thread about our main, and impressive, target man but most of the discussion seems to now be about our goalkeepers.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":l0qijv9f said:

How about Kelle Roos?

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":1cbysb75 said:

Shock horror. football player makes 'errors'. Hold the front page. Were you at Northampton? Must have stopped at least four one on ones.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
PlymOdi":3u65jvex said:
Cobi Budge":3u65jvex said:

How about Kelle Roos?

Thought he was very good and a very well rounded keeper, many will disagree but from the numerous keepers we used last season, I was most impressed by Roos.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Goalkeepers are measured on ability of course, but perhaps even more so on numbers of errors made. So to some extent I agree with Cobi. There's no doubting Matthews has great potential (particularly in shot stopping) but IMO there are weaknesses - a bit flappy on crosses and being too cocksure with the ball at his feet. Whatever, Norwich rate him very highly and according to a colleague there is a very good chance of him being their number one next season.

I like Roos as well - not sure there was any notable difference in ability between he and Matthews.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Frank_Butcher":2kkl5085 said:
Goalkeepers are measured on ability of course, but perhaps even more so on numbers of errors made. So to some extent I agree with Cobi. There's no doubting Matthews has great potential (particularly in shot stopping) but IMO there are weaknesses - a bit flappy on crosses and being too cocksure with the ball at his feet. Whatever, Norwich rate him very highly and according to a colleague there is a very good chance of him being their number one next season.

I like Roos as well - not sure there was any notable difference in ability between he and Matthews.

I think I'm right in saying that Roos is available on a free this summer, might be worth looking at.