New Captain? (Gary Sawyer - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Captain? (Gary Sawyer - confirmed)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If he's fit then Fox is almost gaurunteed to play any game, whereas I don't think Sawyer is.

Fox or Ness would be my preference.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I think the choice will boil down to whether on not Sawyer is seen as a first eleven player. If he is, then I'd imagine he will remain captain.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
‘Twas looking forward to seeing a new left back but it looks like Sawyer will be first choice.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Slightly surprised but understand the decision.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Argyle Nutter":1m0pdjah said:
‘Twas looking forward to seeing a new left back but it looks like Sawyer will be first choice.

Same, I worry about him in that position. Not to say he's a bad player, but he has been targetted before.
Still good luck to him. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

Sep 19, 2015
Respect Sawyer but cant help but feel slightly underwhelmed here. I Was hoping that Smith-Brown would start the season as the number one left back but this has dented his chances massively. I wonder if he will continue to get dragged for the last 20 of each match this season?

Mar 23, 2008
I think as soon as he re-signed, Sawyer was always going to remain captain and would have been rather nuclear to take the captaincy off such a well respected senior pro. Just listening to TalkSport and interesting Brentford are going to share the captaincy this season and a good debate on what makes a good captain.

I don't think Gary is the most vocal but does lead by exampled, as does Fox and Carey in their own way. I really hope our centre halfs are vocal and sounds like Wootton is, as that really can make a difference to have a strong vocal presence at the back, regardless of whether they have the armband.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Sawyer leads by example, consistently performs and appeared in all 46 league games last season. Makes sense.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
yashin":19kx9ztr said:
Wide men on the right side will be delighted with this,plenty of space to work in.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Yes he can be caught out on occasions for pace alone but that weakness gets somewhat cancelled out by his experience and reading of the game. He’s a stalwart LB that knows his exact attributes and limitations, as does his manager.

He’s also a viable option for attack and when allowed gets forward to deliver a pretty well executed cross that most wide men would be envious of.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Spot on Tuggers, one of the best crossers of a ball at the club and the volume of attacks down our left says more about the absence of the man in front of him.