Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED.

Oct 31, 2015
oldage":226tln6o said:
IMO Ciftci is being unfairly criticised. Granted he is struggling to adjust to league one football but only because he is a "square peg in a round hole" He is like Goodwillie. DA does not seem able to sign forwards capable of playing his way. Remember Nardiello?

How true this is. Nardiello, Goodwille and now Cifcti. All good players with proven pedigree and goslscoring prowess all be it all on the downward leg of their careers or struggling form wise. Perhaps this is the one area DA does struggle eith as a manager because those 3 have wasted wages

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Agree, not suited to our style and a victim of the bizarre run of the side playing with 10 men each week.Biggest challenge in Jan is to provide back up to Taylor - Ciftci, Jervis, Fletcher not suited to the role and Blissett not seemingly trusted.

kernowluke

✅ Evergreen
Jan 11, 2017
He may be proven at times, but Dundee and Celtic fans would support how inconsistent he is. I have been very unimpressed by his lack of movement on the pitch, his attitude towards other players, and decision making when he has the ball.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No chance of returning to Celtic.

Only other option is him moving on loan to another club according to ‘Erald

Mar 10, 2007
oldage":3oidaehv said:
IMO Ciftci is being unfairly criticised. Granted he is struggling to adjust to league one football but only because he is a "square peg in a round hole" He is like Goodwillie. DA does not seem able to sign forwards capable of playing his way. Remember Nardiello?

Sorry, didn't DA sign Ryan Taylor?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Whilst I do accept he hasn’t had much of a chance – playing a lone striker role in a struggling team often when reduced to 10 men – I can’t say I saw much in the way of “obvious ability” in the games I’ve seen. He isn’t very athletic so not a great work rate, not especially strong so can’t hold the ball, can’t beat players, hasn’t shown much in the way of creativity, isn’t particularly good in the air and doesn’t seem to have much in the way of touch or technique. Maybe that’s harsh and if I’m honest is my gut instinct and he deserves more time – but with say Lameiras to me it WAS immediately obvious he had something special about him but the question was whether he could ever actually deliver (now emphatically answered). I do wonder if Ciftci is one of those players who looked good when young, got signed up by a big club and is now just trading on a past reputation and ego?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
" ....He isn’t very athletic so not a great work rate, not especially strong so can’t hold the ball, can’t beat players, hasn’t shown much in the way of creativity, isn’t particularly good in the air and doesn’t seem to have much in the way of touch or technique. ..."

So, who paid £1.5m for him at Celtic? Who scouted him? Who recommended him?

Interesting that they could have given you a ring and saved themselves £1.5m!! ;)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pogleswoody":347xy290 said:
" ....He isn’t very athletic so not a great work rate, not especially strong so can’t hold the ball, can’t beat players, hasn’t shown much in the way of creativity, isn’t particularly good in the air and doesn’t seem to have much in the way of touch or technique. ..."

Interesting that they could have given you a ring and saved themselves £1.5m!! ;)
I'm always available :wink: ............. although I was the bloke who confidently said Halmosi was a waste of space after his first game (and haven't lived it down):oops:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ave_IT":1u0fa9rx said:
Pogleswoody":1u0fa9rx said:

I'm always available :wink: ............. although I was the bloke who confidently said Halmosi was a waste of space after his first game (and haven't lived it down):oops:

I saw Paul Dalton play for the reserves just after he arrived, thought 'Good player' but he looked a bit lazy to me! :oops:

Apr 9, 2011
Stuck with him am afraid, taking up a chunk of our wage bill & we cant even find a job for him, as someone else said "a square peg in a round hole"

B

bunkmoreland

In case it's of interest, The Scottish Sun are reporting that Ciftci's loan's been cancelled and it looks like he's heading to Motherwell on loan who have just sold Louis Moult to Preston and are in the market for a replacement. I'd take it with a crate-load of salt given it's The Sun but worth mentioning Motherwell were in for Ciftci on loan last January.

Anyway, thought it'd be worth dropping by to mention.