Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The two clubs and the player can still come to an agreement to end the loan.

Oct 31, 2015
I really think there is a good player in the guy. Hes not a winger or a lump of a striker who plays one up front but in a decent partnership he could be good. Not for DA then

Mar 23, 2008
I would say a mutual agreement to end will still happen, as no use to either party to have him here and not play. Falls into the Goodwillie/Lameiras category, in the sense of a second striker/No.10 but of no use if Carey is about.

As an aside, how tricky is the Herald's website? Have never seen so many pop ups and adverts.

Jul 14, 2008
Deacster":3rplyroa said:
I would say a mutual agreement to end will still happen, as no use to either party to have him here and not play. Falls into the Goodwillie/Lameiras category, in the sense of a second striker/No.10 but of no use if Carey is about.

As an aside, how tricky is the Herald's website? Have never seen so many pop ups and adverts.

The Herald has an app now which makes reading articles much easier

Jan 27, 2012
I thought Ciftci has looked ok based on the little I have seen of him. He has some skill and is a physical presence. But Adams only wants one type of striker- and that's a player who holds the ball up like Taylor. If you are any other sort of centre forward then it seems you won't get a start under Adams. In fact Argyle don't really play with any conventional strikers as Taylor mostly has his back to goal and plays very deep in order to feed the midfielders.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Clifchi maybe a player however in the one match I've seen him his attitude seemed appalling and I think that maybe his issue rather than ability
I would be surprised if he was in more than 10k a week in Scotland with us perhaps paying 2-3 k of these.Ithese.If I were Celtic I would be trying to terminate his contract but in worse case being with us for the season is the best 2nd option they can hope for
Begs the question why Argyle agreed to a deal without a break clause seems once again very nice from supposed football professionals

Dec 4, 2011
This could turn out to be quite embarrassing for Adams as I remember him being critical of the way we have conducted our transfer dealings before he arrived. Basically stating that we spent money unnecessarily.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Desperate signing to start with and now desperate to terminate it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I feel sorry for Ciftci.
He was signed towards the end of the summer transfer window when we were running out of time to replace the injured Taylor.

Ciftci was then played as a lone striker when it quickly became obvious that he's not that type of striker and to make matters worse in three of his six league starts a player was sent off which meant he was even more of a lone striker.
All this wasn't his fault.

He then picked up an injury which can happen to any player.

The media reports this week about him were way over the top and didn't look at the details as to why he hasn't been scoring goals and playing games.

Jul 12, 2016
IMO Ciftci is being unfairly criticised. Granted he is struggling to adjust to league one football but only because he is a "square peg in a round hole" He is like Goodwillie. DA does not seem able to sign forwards capable of playing his way. Remember Nardiello?

Oct 14, 2015
So desperately needs to score a goal and that doesn't include the penalty against Exeter in that cup competition. If he can score from open play for the first team it might, and it's a big might, just kickstart the obvious ability he has in his locker. However he needs to get near the first team for this to happen.