Mo Eisa from Bristol City? (Dec 2018) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mo Eisa from Bristol City? (Dec 2018)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think an initial £250k bid will be welcomed. We could squeeze a bit more out of it, nearer £300k-350k and add in a sell in fee plus other contractual bonus’s. That would give us another 2/3 quality players for ty season and maybe next.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":29s1liah said:
Justin":29s1liah said:
Why would Ladapo depart?

We need him and his value will only increase if he hits 20+ goals over the season.
His value will be nil "over the season" as his contract will have expired and he will be a free agent.

Hallett indicated at London Branch meeting that we need to be smarter with these deals and get some money rather than losing the likes of Lameiras for zilch.

Mar 16, 2009
London
demportdave":3jb6urjv said:
Justin":3jb6urjv said:
Why would Ladapo depart?

We need him and his value will only increase if he hits 20+ goals over the season.
His value will be nil "over the season" as his contract will have expired and he will be a free agent.

To be fair this quote is from a post made in January - i.e. last season !

Are you saying his value is now 'nil'?

Feb 5, 2015
philmeboots":ewt3qhzw said:
cheshiregreen":ewt3qhzw said:
Justin.

I would suggest any reasonable offer (above 350k) for Ladapo, Carey or any other player would be seriously considered to provide funds for a rebuilding in January. Fee too low? Reasoning - Ladapo has had few good months after a career with many clubs, Carey can leave for free in summer. We took money in last January for Purrington and Jake so can see a repeat.

I would also suggest we don't release anybody without having agreed a incoming deal for that position.

Well think that the new manager will be the only one who can decide whether Freddie fits his way of playing but up to £500k is a lot of money although who is available out there to replace him. As for £350k plus for Carey, that certainly won’t happen as he’s out of contract isn’t he and can leave on a free?

I think the way to look at spending that money is not splashing out on transfer fees, but using wisely on wages. For example, this site suggests Luton's average wage in League Two promotion season was circa £2k. Given that includes a number of junior pros on maybe £1k or less per week, their star players were on £3k/£4k.

£500,000 pays for three star players, on that basis. Could even be used to give someone like Carey more money to keep him...

Aug 2, 2011
Not sure why this thread is still here. Mainly out of date, speculation, rumour and conjecture surely should be in terrace talk or rumors.