Mo Eisa from Bristol City? (Dec 2018) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mo Eisa from Bristol City? (Dec 2018)

May 1, 2011
Justin":jsaen4fw said:
Tugboat":jsaen4fw said:
Justin":jsaen4fw said:
cheshiregreen":jsaen4fw said:
Justin.

I would suggest any reasonable offer (above 350k) for Ladapo, Carey or any other player would be seriously considered to provide funds for a rebuilding in January. Fee too low? Reasoning - Ladapo has had few good months after a career with many clubs, Carey can leave for free in summer. We took money in last January for Purrington and Jake so can see a repeat.

I would also suggest we don't release anybody without having agreed a incoming deal for that position.

Hi CG

Please explain to me - if Peterborough got over £2.5 million (with add ons) for Jack Marriott, why would we accept £350,000 for Ladapo?

I mean, I know we’ve always been a soft touch in the transfer market -but come on!!!! £350,000 for our best player?? We’re not a charity!

And why would we sell now when keeping him will

a) ensure we stay up
b) increase his value

?

I just don’t get the defeatism on display here.

Because Peterborough have a proven record of producing decent players and selling them on for profit.

He scored 28 goals for Luton before moving to Peterborough and then followed that up with over 30 goals for them.

That’s the difference between

That’s 2 full seasons of fantastic goal return.

Freddie has had nothing like that. He had an 11 goal spell at Margate a few years back and absolutely nothing between then and now which puts his worth/value at only what he’s done to date, this season as a 25 year old. Bottom end £300,000 - top end £500,000.

Time to get a little realistic I’m afraid.

For a start, he scored well over 20 goals for Margate in under 50 appearances.

Secondly, he was highly related enough to be snapped up by a premier league team off the back of his prodigious season with Margate.

Thirdly, he’d had no more than a smattering of starts on loan for a variety of struggling sides before joining Argyle.. hardly indicative of his ability or goal scoring potential.

Fortunately, we saw his potential and Adams had the vision to realise that a settled run would produce goals.

He’s still young by the way. So his value will only increase.

He’s 4 years of hitting the recognised peak age for a striker of
29. He’s therefore got enough time to become a formidable top division striker.

He is worth way,way,way more to us than £350,000.

This whole conversation is ludricrous, defeatist, anti- Argyle claptrap.

Your claim that Argyle could demand 4 million was ludicrous claptrap.

Firstly keeping him is hardly a guarantee we will stay up. In case you haven't noticed we are rock bottom. We also had 1 shot on target against bottom of the league in our last game. I know you like stats and there are 2 for you.

If someone came in for him, Ladapo himself would undoubtedly and understandably push Argyle's hand to sell him. He would want out and as a selling club we would take the money and we'd be pleased to accept comfortably under a million, by we I mean the people who actually run the club.

He is not comparable to Jack Marriot after 4 good months.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":1vo7n20j said:
Justin":1vo7n20j said:
You wouldn’t rather rebuild the team with a few million in the summer once Ladapo’s goals had secured our place in league one?

His goals so far, while very welcome, haven't stopped us being bottom of the league, so there's no guarantee his proposed 20 plus goals will keep us up.

If we can sell Ladapo for £350,000 to help bring in 3 or 4 quality players plus Eisa on loan we will be in a better position to avoid relegation than we are now.

I think Ladapo is worth more than £350k, more like £750k-£1mill I reckon.. he’s a really good player and people forget he’s 3rd on the L1 top goalscorers list without taking pens or free kicks.

May 22, 2006
City have been struggling for goals recently and lots of supporters calling for Eisa to be given a chance. He wasn’t even in the squad yesterday for Rotherham match.

Lee Johnson has said he’s been training well but it doesn’t appear he thinks he is currently Championship standard. Think he’s only played 24 minutes in the Championship this season.

He might be given a chance in the FA Cup game but it’s not impossible that he would be loaned to a L1 side. If so, Argyle might have a chance but Sunderland and Pompey were keen to buy him. Could see either wanting to strengthen for a promotion push and wages would not be an issue.

C

Cult Of Personality

If you want to stay up in a league you dont sell your best two players. Selling Freddie and Carey is madness and just goes to show the board dont have a clue how to run a football club

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Cult Of Personality":11zgw34d said:
If you want to stay up in a league you dont sell your best two players. Selling Freddie and Carey is madness and just goes to show the board dont have a clue how to run a football club

Whoaa there CoP, no-one has left yet - and it’s highly debatable that Ladapo is one of the two best players in my book.

I’d be extremely disappointed if Carey left, if only because I enjoy watching him play football. If he left, Lameiras would have to step up considerably and more consistently.

As for Eisa, I would be surprised if he came here. But at least Jeff Stelling would be able to reprise his jokes.

Cult Of Personality":2j8fesje said:

I didn’t realise they’d been sold yet. How much did we get for them ?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Please do not compare Freddie to Marriott. It's like offering a member of CAMRA a pint of John Smith's smooth. Marriott went for 2.5 mil because he is seriously top drawer. Who can play as a one or two. The ability to come short or long and finishes calmly left and right foot. For all I want us to keep Fred or sell for top dollar let's try not compare chalk and cheese and then trash the manager or board should they get less than the pasoti dream fairies desire.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Voice_of_Reason":2n7xlfcb said:
Please do not compare Freddie to Marriott. It's like offering a member of CAMRA a pint of John Smith's smooth. Marriott went for 2.5 mil because he is seriously top drawer. Who can play as a one or two. The ability to come short or long and finishes calmly left and right foot. For all I want us to keep Fred or sell for top dollar let's try not compare chalk and cheese and then trash the manager or board should they get less than the pasoti dream fairies desire.

Classic Argyle supporter mentality.

Ridicule our own player.

Same happened with Bolasie.

Marriott is decent - ok, agreed. His history is not dissimilar to Freddie. He’s having an adequate season with Derby, he’s not pulling up trees.
No evidence to me he’s better potential than Freddie. Anyone who witnessed Freddie’s solo wondergoal against Millwall will know he’s confident and capable against championship defences. Crystal Palace must have seen something in him, after being a goal machine as a youngster for Grays and later Margate.

Eisa went for between 1 and 1.5 million in the summer, after a decent season in league 2. How much better is he than Freddie? Goalscorers are gold.

Fwiw, my point is, for anyone bothered, that we don’t need to sell Freddie (in fact it would be insanity to sell our main goalscorer in a relegation fight), so we quote a prohibitive fee, to put off all but the rich and desperate. Standard stuff. Ask Southampton.

Repeat: We. Don’t. Need. To. Sell.

Much more likely we’ll move one or two players on and get some loan players in, like most Januarys. If we have to sell a crown jewel, it should be one whose contract is about to expire. Otherwise we wait til the summer.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Justin you must of misread I'm not advocating selling him. Unless in the management's eyes they can make us a better side with the money raised. He is clearly an important cog in our wheel.

My beef in comparing him to a player that is top drawer and you clearly haven't seen much of him. Marriott terrorised Chelsea in the league cup and is keeping out some seriously good players. Lampard has stated how confident he is that the player will play in the premier either with or without Derby.

I would love him to be as good but Freddie isn't near that standard. And comparing his transfer fee to him is ultimately unfair to the club should he be sold.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Coventry are now rumoured to be interested in taking Eisa on loan.