Millwall post-match round up | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall post-match round up

Mar 31, 2006
East Barnet
The pitch invasion was a bit bizarre - not in celebration but just wanted to goad us, the stewards had a bit of string as a useless barrier. There were also missiles being thrown at us and a used vape thing just missed me thankfully. I now know why they don't print a programme any more as after dragging their knuckles for so long they wouldn't be able to turn the pages let alone be able to understand words of more than one syllable. That's why the lower tier was empty - we see that now. Costing their club revenue - must be so proud of themselves.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Seems to me that Pleggy thought he would be awarded the free kick, so exaggerated the effect of the push on him and bent down rather than jumping up.
A highly naive thing to do.
I've just watched the "highlights" and Pleggy's feet definitely got off the ground, but he's in the process of leaning forward at the same time thanks to a little help from the goalscorer.

The Millwall player had all the leverage, there wasn't really anything Pleggy could do to push backwards once his feet weren't on the ground.

On the plus side, if we do stay up, it serves as a lesson for next season, as it was occasion number 4578 (approximately) this season that we have seen the value of having bigger human beings in your team in this league, with so many examples of fairly big guys that can run and run being the answer.

Does anyone know where we can find 15 or 16?

Oct 5, 2022
I've just watched the "highlights" and Pleggy's feet definitely got off the ground, but he's in the process of leaning forward at the same time thanks to a little help from the goalscorer.

The Millwall player had all the leverage, there wasn't really anything Pleggy could do to push backwards once his feet weren't on the ground.

On the plus side, if we do stay up, it serves as a lesson for next season, as it was occasion number 4578 (approximately) this season that we have seen the value of having bigger human beings in your team in this league, with so many examples of fairly big guys that can run and run being the answer.

Does anyone know where we can find 15 or 16?
Plymouth Raiders?