Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Other clubs scouts would have looked at Coops, and decided he hasn't got what is required for them yet. Has Argyle fans we put big price tags on our players, but in reality clubs will still only pay us Argyle prices.
Genuinely interested in your opinion as to what the flaws in Cooper’s game is then?

Reactions: Daz

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Unless a Scottish club comes in for Cooper in the next 30 minutes he's staying at Argyle.
The best bit of business we did this summer was keeping Cooper the keeper!
Was just about to say the same. Already earned us a few points and he gets better each time I see him play.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Oct 19, 2021
Just because he hasn’t gone, it doesn’t mean there wasn’t interest. I have no idea if there has been or not, but it’s very possible that Argyle have received bids and rejected them, or even just had polite enquiries from teams and they’ve told them unequivocally that he’s not for sale.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The ‘Dewsnip connection’ is often cited with incomings, one would imagine this works the other way around as well. “Alright Neil, anything worth looking at down there? What about this Cooper chap?” Maybe there are interested clubs but we’re just keeping them warm for now while it suits us.

Jul 12, 2016
Just because he hasn’t gone, it doesn’t mean there wasn’t interest. I have no idea if there has been or not, but it’s very possible that Argyle have received bids and rejected them, or even just had polite enquiries from teams and they’ve told them unequivocally that he’s not for sale.
Hence I said “apparently”

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
More speculation.

It's not really backed up by anything solid, when you read it. However I think if Coops was around 2-3 inches taller he would probably already have gone. In this increasingly data-driven environment, where I think all but one premier league keeper is at least 6'2" maybe that missing inch might bizzarely be worth a few million ! In any event I'm happy that here's still here.

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Wherever Coops footballing journey takes him he will always be "one of our own"

What will be will be - whether he stays or moves on

The club are crossing the "t"s & dotting the "i" s in readiness for the day comes when Coops leaves - it is better to be prepared & have all your ducks in a row when looking for a replacement goalie

Lets enjoy Coops whilst he is between the sticks

Jun 27, 2019
It's not really backed up by anything solid, when you read it. However I think if Coops was around 2-3 inches taller he would probably already have gone. In this increasingly data-driven environment, where I think all but one premier league keeper is at least 6'2" maybe that missing inch might bizzarely be worth a few million !
Yep, it's an excellent point that hasn't been pointed out much on here.

At my son's academy they measure all the players every six months and use parental height to predict the player's eventual height. They actually released a keeper recently because he was projected to hit no more than 5'11".