Membership Renewal | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Membership Renewal

Will you be renewing your Trust membership?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2003
Just back from work and read the thread.

I understand why members are interested in the renewal rate, I would have been exactly the same and 142 seems a small take up when 600 are due however I must reiterate what Richard has told you.

We have experienced major problems with the in touch system and members receiving e mails, for that reason a decision was made to attempt 2 emails reminders (some have got through although a minority) giving time for people to pick up their mail. After this time, any that haven't renewed will have a letter with a renewal form. Due to the problems with the system and the fact that members are unaware that their membership is due we will not count them as lapsed until approx 1-2 weeks after the letter.

Please remember this is the first renewals for this Trust and the system that we have in place was untried and it is now obvious that it isn't fit for purpose. The membership team is up against it and have me onto them regularly for updates so frustration has set in.

We are expecting a drop off but until those letters have gone out we won't have a true picture so can I ask for a little patience and I promise that once we have firmer figures I will post them here and on ATD whatever they are (No cover up).

In closing please do not wait for others to re-new take the bull by the horns, dip into your pockets and fill the form in. As JP rightly put, the GASB will only be there for as long as the club and whoever the owner is wants it there.

If this Trust was to die due to apathy I would doubt very much in the ability to once more set a Trust up and fight to save the club if we ever face possible extinction again.

Woz

T

Tim Chown

The design was Laura's. Quite clever!

But who turned this thread into a poll, that has just one "no" vote on it, and that you can't vote on?

The real answer on renewal rates will come from actual renewals, not from Pasoti votes. We had some more at the match yesterday, as well as some new members, and the postal reminders will go out in the next week or so.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Tim Chown":1qd5b2wt said:

But who turned this thread into a poll, that has just one "no" vote on it, and that you can't vote on?

The real answer on renewal rates will come from actual renewals, not from Pasoti votes. We had some more at the match yesterday, as well as some new members, and the postal reminders will go out in the next week or so.
Renewed yesterday in the Lyndhurst kiosk. :thumbs:

Sep 20, 2003
Tim Chown":2ghipb8v said:

I think someone has an agenda. Strange to have a poll like this were non members of the Trust can vote.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Wozzer Bowden":2v44bgwq said:
Tim Chown":2v44bgwq said:

I think someone has an agenda. Strange to have a poll like this were non members of the Trust can vote.

Rest assured Woz I wouldnt sully my hands by voting in it. Perhaps it should have said "Trust members only"?

ps Have you see nthe DT thread?

Hmmm.

Sep 20, 2003
tonycholwell":2wzqiwmc said:
Wozzer Bowden":2wzqiwmc said:
Tim Chown":2wzqiwmc said:

Rest assured Woz I wouldnt sully my hands by voting in it. Perhaps it should have said "Trust members only"?

Hmmm.

I presume you mean the Deep Throat thread. I didn't hear anything of the sort yesterday so unless factual evidence can be found I suggest that is moved to the Rumours board.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Wozzer Bowden":250g3bqx said:
tonycholwell":250g3bqx said:
Wozzer Bowden":250g3bqx said:
Tim Chown":250g3bqx said:

Hmmm.

I presume you mean the Deep Throat thread. I didn't hear anything of the sort yesterday so unless factual evidence can be found I suggest that is moved to the Rumours board.

Yes I did.

There was definetly something in the air yesterday. But you are right, rumours are just that, rumours.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":1fnykqjy said:
Wozzer Bowden":1fnykqjy said:
Tim Chown":1fnykqjy said:

Rest assured Woz I wouldnt sully my hands by voting in it. Perhaps it should have said "Trust members only"?ps Have you see nthe DT thread?

Hmmm.
I don't think that would stop anyone voting on it Tony. I agree with Wozzer, someone has an agenda. It would be nice to see the mods, who obviously started the poll, remove it as the result would not be a true reflection of the actions of Trust members. It's a bit like Chris holding a poll for the postal workers on here.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I started the poll, no agenda from me, it's just that there have been many questions about renewals and how many members would renew so a simple poll on the Trust Forum would give an indication of the way forward. That is all.

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
PL2 3DQ":27zca88q said:
I started the poll, no agenda from me, it's just that there have been many questions about renewals and how many members would renew so a simple poll on the Trust Forum would give an indication of the way forward. That is all.

How many questions? From whom?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":fwavg5e1 said:
But maybe not a true reflection Postey. I'd hazard a guess and say that the Trust has much more members away from Pasoti than on it. As Tim has pointed out the Trust will be able to give you the renewals in due course and then you can see the way forward.

A

Anonymous

I don't think any Pasoti poll is a serious reflection on real life Bob. I know I never take it as such.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2uj5onbb said:
I don't think any Pasoti poll is a serious reflection on real life Bob. I know I never take it as such.
Not a reflection on real life??? That's the bubble burst then. :lol: :lol:
Seriously though a Pasoti poll is just that. Pasoti members. I have no issue with asking people if they've renewed/going to renew/not going to renew but let them show they're members by revealing their names and membership number. Then we'll get a true reflection of Trust members who are also Pasoti members. I doubt this would achieve much though.

Bob Wright(and his better half)
184 & 190.
Renewed. :) :) :) :)

Jan 7, 2004
I voted undecided. I see the trust as a great way to keep the club in check and help get the fans views across and fight our corner. It's also a good way at being our voice in wider football governance issues. But currently the lack off communication is worrying. There has been no meetings recently, progress reports or any general information on the direction going forward. Add this to other thread about divisions in the trust I worry for it's future. Let's just hope this is all rumours and the trust in the close season set's it agenda going forward.