Membership Renewal | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Membership Renewal

Will you be renewing your Trust membership?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

El Pres. just checked quickly and the latest figures are 1,547. 118 are juniors.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Richard Blight":2y930roa said:
El Pres. just checked quickly and the latest figures are 1,547. 118 are juniors.

February 6th:
Richard Blight":2y930roa said:
The latest membership numbers are as follows;

Adults 1410
Juniors 118

Total 1524.

An increase of 23 in seven weeks.

A

Anonymous

Do those numbers include the memberships that are to be renewed Richard?

If they don't, and are active new memberships, that's very good.

A

Anonymous

IJN":3kue9a8q said:
Do those numbers include the memberships that are to be renewed Richard?

If they don't, and are active new memberships, that's very good.

That's all members. Including those due for renewal.

A

Anonymous

Ah right, so the renewal figures aren't there yet.

I would have thought there would be a significant dip, so that will be interesting.

Dec 6, 2011
Windsor Boy":1yfg9pxu said:
Driving down tomorrow morning and plan to renew my membership. What are the numbers minus those who are up for renewel, Richard because surely that is now the true membership figure? For example, I had a renewel email 3 weeks ago so I shouldn't be a member until I actually renew? Could you also let us know how many people are up for renewell at this point and the percentage that have renewed? This will give everyone the chance to work out the likely membership numbers of the Trust once all renewells are completed in future months.

Richard, Windsor Boy has far more eloquently put the question that I was trying to ask. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Chris

T

Tim Chown

Well, we don't consider a member lapsed until they've had a fair chance to renew. So those with email addresses get an initial renewal message by email, while we post renewal letters to those we don't have email contacts for.

I believe around 600 are due for renewal. Many of these will probably be those who signed up at the meetings.

Soon we'll send out postal reminders to anyone who has not responded to their email/letter. A couple of weeks after that we'll have an idea of the renewal rate. Obviously if people renew from the first email or letter, they save us a bit of postage :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Again, I agree with Justin, it would be helpful to someone like me, who is undecided for many reasons, whether to renew or not.

As an example, if the uptake is (say) 10%, I'd have to think seriously if I want to stick my hard earned into a failing project, whereas if it were (say) 80%, I'd think, 'oh well, people are still interested in the Trust, I'll have a piece of that'.

Sheeplike? Possibly, but let's face it, loads of people signed up during the war, and now, some of us want to think about it longer.

A

Anonymous

My reservations are based on some of the people invloved if I'm totally honest John.

The Trust first time round, was led by people that cared about the 'fight' and the 'club', I've seen what I've seen lately, and I'm not so sure that is the case any more.

Some of the leaders (not Woz or Tim I hasten to add) give off a far more 'political' air, than I would have liked.

Each to their own though. It maybe not for me, that's all I'm saying.

Also, it's worth remembering that there was nothing like the GASB about then, and soon, there will be, and that another dynamic I'm not too sure about. Do we need both? Questions, questions, but again, that's for me to ponder.

Hope that explains some of the reasons, why I haven't yet decided.

A

Anonymous

OK matey, I didn't know you were going down tonight, but I'll see you there.

A

Anonymous

I'll clarify some things for people.

Firstly,in the initial haste to set the Trust up, hundreds of people joined at the first couple of meetings before a database was set up. This led to a massive backlog which wasn't dealt with until I took over responsibility for the membership (assisted by John Petrie).By the time we got to grips with the "Intouchwithmembers" system that most Trust's use it was about the 22nd February 2011, fans joining before then were given a few weeks free membership. As fans join, the date we input your details is the date you are deemed to have joined.

As has been well documented the emailing side of the Intouch system has been causing us a lot of problems. The emails go from us to them and then on to members. Some members seem to get all our emails,some get a few,some have never received any. Some members have even changed their email for us and still haven't received any. Without getting too technical (I leave that to others) this seems to be something to do with anti phishing devices and anti spam software.

The plan for renewals is; monthly an email will be sent to members whose membership is due that month. 2 to 3 weeks later a reminder email will be sent. This will be followed 2 to 3 weeks later by a letter. 2 to 3 weeks later,if there is no reply a member will be marked as lapsed. We want to try to use email as much as possible to save on stationery and postage and our time. Contrary to popular opinion on websites such as this,the majority of fans are not obsessed by the internet. I get 4/5 renewals / new members by post to every one online. So after sending emails to try to save money we then have to go to letters. Members regularly tell me that they sometimes don't read their emails for up to a week. Members we know have no email will get a letter straight away.

Regarding Windsor Boys point. We are not a commercial organisation, we are not like an insurance company where your car insurance runs out on midnight April 1st and one minute past you are illegal. Money is not our most important concern,members are. Giving current members as much time as reasonably possible to renew will save the Trust a lot of money and time. If your membership ran out on the 1st of the month and I made you lapsed immediately,then you renewed 2 days later,that would mean we would have to make you a new member and re-issue share certificates etc. That would make our jobs as volunteers a complete nightmare. The flexible times for sending out emails or letters etc. are again partly down to when the membership team are available. Remember we have real jobs and wives who want our attention occasionally as well.

How are we getting on? Good question. I have no idea! This is because the email problem mentioned above seems to be worse than we first thought. We sent out 550 (ish) emails about 3 weeks ago. Things looked good to start with and then dropped off. We did some digging and found that possibly only 1 in 5 people received that email. The Trust has now complained to Supporters Direct about this problem as we have exhausted all avenues with Intouch.

We re sent the email again 2 days ago in a slightly different way to over 450 people and that doesn't appear to be much more successful.
We are now contemplating sending out the emails via my own account in blocks of 10 to a) by pass the Intouch system and b) get past overly aggressive spam filters. This will result in many more hours in front of computers when I could be on the moors (hiding). When we are convinced we have done all we can to contact members by email then we will send out letters.

The renewals will be an on going,rolling programme with new members joining at the sametime. It will be many weeks before I could honestly give a true picture of how many have renewed or not. From the people we know have received the email the returns look quite good but it's very difficult to tell. Personally I'm expecting a significant drop in numbers as all Trust's have experienced after periods of administration. Relegation could result in a massive decrease.Who knows,time will tell.

I can assure fans there is no attempt to cover up any figures and I strongly resent the implication that I would. Let alone have the time to. I'm also very surprised that the President and ex-chair of the Trust felt he had to ask a question that as the ex-chair he should already know we wouldn't be able to answer this early into the renewal process.

If anybody would like to discuss this further,please come and see me tomorrow. I'll either be at the gazebo or in the Far Post club.

Dec 6, 2011
Richard Blight":311myy94 said:
I can assure fans there is no attempt to cover up any figures and I strongly resent the implication that I would. Let alone have the time to. I'm also very surprised that the President and ex-chair of the Trust felt he had to ask a question that as the ex-chair he should already know we wouldn't be able to answer this early into the renewal process.

Richard.

As you have implicated me in your postings I should make it very clear that the method of membership renewals was never discussed at anytime whilst I was a Trust Representative so I was unaware of you inability to answer the question. I am confused (as are many others) by the process you are undertaking with renewals but will support it as always. As John Petrie rightly points out, it is vital that the supporters are on their toes now and willing to scrutinise the Club in order to make sure that the hell we have all been through never takes place again.

A

Anonymous

Richard Blight":3475klqz said:
I can assure fans there is no attempt to cover up any figures and I strongly resent the implication that I would.

Richard, let me be quite clear, at no stage did I think that.

I'm simply interested in the renewal numbers, I have no interest at all in why the numbers aren't available.

Sorry if you thought I had suggested that.

Knowing most of the leadership as I do, I would never suggest such a thing.

A

Anonymous

Last post. This is supposed to be a day off.

There's about 142 people renewed in the last 2 weeks or so but the bit I can't tell you,is whether that's good or not because of the email problem. I've actually phoned people to ask if they've received it or not. It may be as low as 200 people have actually seen the email! From what I can tell,people who've said they've received it are renewing. The only way to be sure is send it by post but as I'm sure your all aware post is expensive and getting ridiculous quite soon. As I've explained we want as many people to renew by email as possible but they have to receive the request first.

Honestly this email problem is giving some of us nightmares as it affects everything we do.

John, the numbers thing is a personal view. Hopefully I'm wrong.

IJN, I wasn't refering to anything you said.

T

Tim Chown

Just as a quick point, we are hugely aware of reaching the offline majority, hence you should see "Join the Trust" adverts around the ground on Saturday.

We plan to use the same boards for posting the kiosk stats and advertising for injured suppliers if they remain available.

But we'll be doing more offline of course.