Maybe, it was not that difficult Schumacher | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Maybe, it was not that difficult Schumacher

Nov 18, 2011
Not really an Argyle response but it will be interesting to see what Stoke do regarding SS future. My personal opinion is if they stick with him and with the right level of investment they’ll be in for a fairly decent season. Let’s just hope that we are one of the opposition!
You'd assume that the only goal for this year was to stay up. He'll get the summer and the opportunity to shape the squad as he wishes. Next season will be interesting

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
When Schumacher left we had 26 points from 22 games and were as close to Preston in 8th place as QPR in 22nd place.
Finn Azaz had just scored 2 goals and had an assist in the 3-2 win against Rotherham.
Since then, 3 'Non Managers' have taken 22 points from 23 games with statistics that have failed to impress.
Schumacher left because some say he didn't want a relegation on his CV.
Maybe Finn going, could and I repeat could, have been stopped.
By all accounts he loved it here and the players loved him.
3 more points from those 23 games would see us have a far more relaxed time this coming Saturday.
Maybe the job was not as difficult as Schumacher thought.
If Schumacher left because of this ' a possible relegation on his CV ', then he clearly wanted it to be a lot easier than we all thought it would be.
I went to my first 2 games against Aston Villa and Portsmouth in the 1960's and have been unable to get Argyle out of my head ever since.
Please beat Hull on Saturday or my Summer will be far less enjoyable.
Thank you. Phil
He was always going to leave based on insider knowledge from those in the know on Pasoti that he had applied for two jobs prior to Stoke. I think it's all understandable to me that a tidy contract, and the idea of seeing a player you want, and buying them without a thought would have been very appealing. He was clearly very confident with his own ability, and with the latter it was a slam dunk move for him.

Post that move to Stoke, the club continued in a similar pattern. Whittaker won player of the Month in January despite Azaz leaving. The goals were still flying in either end. Something happened in Jan to change all that, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't think him leaving was always going to place us where we are. A bad appointment? A rogue 'head-coach'?

Even then it when he left he showed he didn't have the chops. With that squad as his disposal he should have been comfortably mid-table, but he still was only a result away from being in our position, and us being in his.

Jun 27, 2023
Phil Adams aren't you a Bolton fan 😂 or have I got the wrong chap 😂.
No please don't insult me (Ha Ha) I hated every minute of our cup final. Argyle is my team and has been for approx. 56 years and it still makes me grumpy when we even draw. I look at 5-0 every match. Maybe that's why I am so miserable most of the time. Did enjoy the 7-3 against Bournemouth standing amongst my Bournemouth supporting friends that day.

Jun 27, 2023
He was always going to leave based on insider knowledge from those in the know on Pasoti that he had applied for two jobs prior to Stoke. I think it's all understandable to me that a tidy contract, and the idea of seeing a player you want, and buying them without a thought would have been very appealing. He was clearly very confident with his own ability, and with the latter it was a slam dunk move for him.

Post that move to Stoke, the club continued in a similar pattern. Whittaker won player of the Month in January despite Azaz leaving. The goals were still flying in either end. Something happened in Jan to change all that, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't think him leaving was always going to place us where we are. A bad appointment? A rogue 'head-coach'?

Even then it when he left he showed he didn't have the chops. With that squad as his disposal he should have been comfortably mid-table, but he still was only a result away from being in our position, and us being in his.
Fair enough, just my view from afar, cheers

Sep 12, 2023
No please don't insult me (Ha Ha) I hated every minute of our cup final. Argyle is my team and has been for approx. 56 years and it still makes me grumpy when we even draw. I look at 5-0 every match. Maybe that's why I am so miserable most of the time. Did enjoy the 7-3 against Bournemouth standing amongst my Bournemouth supporting friends that

No please don't insult me (Ha Ha) I hated every minute of our cup final. Argyle is my team and has been for approx. 56 years and it still makes me grumpy when we even draw. I look at 5-0 every match. Maybe that's why I am so miserable most of the time. Did enjoy the 7-3 against Bournemouth standing amongst my Bournemouth supporting friends that day.
Sorry Mr Adams I feel your pain and I've been supporting them 51 years 😂

Reactions: Phil Adams

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Snake will be back for Hardie I reckon Whitts maybe out of his price range but he may also fancy Gibbo
Yep, I reckon Gibbo or Galloway are lined up already and Hardie wouldn't come as a surprise either. He will definitely be given more time with Stoke, he has achieved Championship safety which was the immediate goal.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Yep, I reckon Gibbo or Galloway are lined up already and Hardie wouldn't come as a surprise either. He will definitely be given more time with Stoke, he has achieved Championship safety which was the immediate goal.

I’ve heard Gibson is off to a different team

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Two main themes here, Schumacher and Azaz.

Schumacher left us for more money, at a bigger club with more upward potential. Career and financial ambition. If Stoke had not been "battling relegation" the opening would not have arisen. It was a calculated risk. Stoke won't finish as low next season.

On the OP, if SS had carried on in the same vein we might have finished on 53 points. Unlikely, as our harder games were yet to come. Safe yes, but not exactly sound.

Azaz was good, at times very good, but he wasn't consistently good. He was well off the boil after last Christmas, in League One. I'd love to get him back but he is a bit of an obsession on these boards. Nobody knew him before he came; there will be others like him out there.