Maybe, it was not that difficult Schumacher | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Maybe, it was not that difficult Schumacher

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Sometimes players have a particular understanding or chemistry with their team mates.e.g. Mariner and Rafferty . Whittaker and Azaz seemed to be on the same wavelength so when Azaz left the club it not only left a big void in midfield which we failed to fill but Whittaker suddenly found out there were less service to him.Not sure what you mean by your last sentence?
Can't disagree with you there, it also extends to a particular manager. I just mean people going on about Azaz seems a bit futile, so "someone like Azaz" recognises the gap he left without banging the drum for bringing him and only him back. Remember how everyone wanted (Carey) back?

Jun 27, 2013
Forget Schumacher forget Azaz the’re gone.In my humble opinion our demise is solely down to Ian Foster with his negative and boring tactics.Full stop.

Yes I agree the appointment of Foster wrecked the unity with the staff and players, it does seem that when he got the job he went against what the people that run the club day in day out had set as the utter most important aspect, buying in to the club's philosophy, not making wholesale changes in tactics and personal, rotating the squad with horses for courses, bells did ring for me when he said he was going to focus on the defence most of all, I held hope for a while but I knew the goals would dry out

Jun 27, 2013
Azaz was good, at times very good, but he wasn't consistently good. He was well off the boil after last Christmas, in League One. I'd love to get him back but he is a bit of an obsession on these boards. Nobody knew him before he came; there will be others like him out there.

Azaz had his ankle broken fairly early in the season last, horrendous challenge and not even a free kick, Azaz didn't play again until the start of the run in.

Ultimately you aren't technically wrong, he was virtually nonexistent during the Christmas period just not the way you suggest 😉

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Azaz had his ankle broken fairly early in the season last, horrendous challenge and not even a free kick, Azaz didn't play again until the start of the run in.

Ultimately you aren't technically wrong, he was virtually nonexistent during the Christmas period just not the way you suggest 😉
Well it was after Christmas. Technically. But he wasn’t great when he came back is what I meant. Some were calling for him to be dropped.

Jun 27, 2023
When Schumacher left we had 26 points from 22 games and were as close to Preston in 8th place as QPR in 22nd place.
Finn Azaz had just scored 2 goals and had an assist in the 3-2 win against Rotherham.
Since then, 3 'Non Managers' have taken 22 points from 23 games with statistics that have failed to impress.
Schumacher left because some say he didn't want a relegation on his CV.
Maybe Finn going, could and I repeat could, have been stopped.
By all accounts he loved it here and the players loved him.
3 more points from those 23 games would see us have a far more relaxed time this coming Saturday.
Maybe the job was not as difficult as Schumacher thought.
If Schumacher left because of this ' a possible relegation on his CV ', then he clearly wanted it to be a lot easier than we all thought it would be.
I went to my first 2 games against Aston Villa and Portsmouth in the 1960's and have been unable to get Argyle out of my head ever since.
Please beat Hull on Saturday or my Summer will be far less enjoyable.
Thank you. Phil
Last day of the season... One goal away from doom and gloom... AND WE SURVIVE... Thank you so so so much...