Match Synopsis!!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match Synopsis!!!

Oct 24, 2010
Not one of our better performances but just about worth a draw, finished strongly and were well on top before the red card. Some under par performances from too many players. On the upside we defended well for the most part and MacDonald and Cowan-Hall looked lively, Moseley and Hourihaine did pretty well. Abysmal penalties, can't believe professional footballers find it so difficult, just get it in the top half of the goal with a bit of pace on the ball and you score nine times out of ten.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just to rub more salt in the financial wounds - a win tonight would have given us £10,000 in prize money, while in 2011 when Carlisle won the JPT final the club reckoned it was worth £500,000 in prize money, gate receipts and merchandise.

Poor football management is financially killing PAFC.

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2vn4r3fa said:
Just to rub more salt in the financial wounds - a win tonight would have given us £10,000 in prize money, while in 2011 when Carlisle won the JPT final the club reckoned it was worth £500,000 in prize money, gate receipts and merchandise.

This. Two cup runs could have easily netted the club a substantial 6 figure sum which could have accelerated debt repayments.

Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":5axibiqw said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Fletcher missing any of the penalties.

Mar 7, 2009
Agreed Esmer, and I can only hope that the board have NOT budgeted for a cup run; as that would be plain ridiculous.

G

Greenskin

esmer":1fky1x5w said:
PL2 3DQ":1fky1x5w said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Fletcher missing any of the penalties.

I've heard you use this argument before about managers not being responsible for individual errors and due respect to your point of view but just one question-where exactly do you draw the line as far as taking overall responsibility is concerned? In other words,ultimately where does the buck stop?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
esmer":4wyxcpeg said:
PL2 3DQ":4wyxcpeg said:

Don't recall us playing with two upfront at home or scoring the winning goal from open play in the 90 minutes :facepalm:

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
The Doctor":2nfpctul said:
It wasn't Fletcher's fault apparently. It rained in the second half and the rain made things difficult.

I saw that quote in his post-match interview too. I can honestly say I've never heard a professional manager blame the rain for not winning before. Desperate excuses from a man out of his depth

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The forecast for Saturday is sunny but cold, hopefully that's ok for Fletch.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":1v19dfnr said:
The forecast for Saturday is sunny but cold, hopefully that's ok for Fletch.

Hmm... it'll be difficult. It's always difficult to get moving in cold weather and defending the Barn Park end will be difficult when the Sun is low in the sky. Winning the toss and choosing which way to play in the first half might be critical, but that's a 50:50 chance - it all comes down to luck in the end.

R

RedGreen

TCL":2xok0wv1 said:
The conditions were the same for the Oxford players aswell

No the weren't!
They were switched on, they practiced for this scenario and ran between the droplets, so weren't affected!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
To be fair - Oxford is quite a long way from Plymouth and the two cities experience quite different amounts of rainfall. So, I guess it is not unreasonable that the two teams, being used to different climatic conditions, will respond different to the occurence of rain during a game...