Mark McGhee sacked | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mark McGhee sacked

G

Greenskin

Bezza":3afb0dlj said:
Yes, I wouldnt take JW...his record is abysmal...McGee's record this season is also a warning shot to all of us wanting Fletch out and an experienced hand. Just shows how tough it can be at this level! If we fire Fletch, we really need to be sure of who we get in his place.

Ward's record is by no means abysmal.He has had at least a measure of success at every club that he's managed.In fact,Mr Smith has been particularly selective in pointing our the poor results achieved by Ward at Carlisle and Colchester.He failed to mention that prior to those bad runs,Ward took Carlisle to 4th place in league one-within minutes of automatic promotion to the CCC for the first time in several generations,losing out to Leeds in the play offs.I would also say that two successive top ten finishes in league one was by no means a failure at a club like Colchester-those positions would represent a higher than average placement over their history.Not the sort of record to be described as abysmal.

Jul 29, 2010
Meanwhile Carl Fletcher picks strikers who can defend set pieces and currently sits in 20th place in the bottom league of English professional football, having moved his massive squad no further than he ended the season before.

A much better record, I'm sure you'll agree.

Oct 10, 2012
He has signed some good players this season. David Clarkson and Derek Riordan on paper make a brilliant pair in this league!

Yes I know football is played on grass. :)

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Johnson":dyndiqlj said:
He has signed some good players this season. David Clarkson and Derek Riordan on paper make a brilliant pair in this league!

I didn't know he was with them! I'm not surprised by McGhee's sacking, though. He's not a particularly good manager, basically.

Oct 10, 2012
soccerpilgrim":2ddx5z60 said:
Johnson":2ddx5z60 said:

I didn't know he was with them! I'm not surprised by McGhee's sacking, though. He's not a particularly good manager, basically.

Pretty sure he signed for them. Haven't actually heard his name mind.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Johnson":7oisy6wz said:
soccerpilgrim":7oisy6wz said:
Johnson":7oisy6wz said:

Did a quick net search, and you're right! He's played 11 League games and has no goals to his name, so far.

Oct 10, 2012
soccerpilgrim":1cxwb3b4 said:
Johnson":1cxwb3b4 said:
soccerpilgrim":1cxwb3b4 said:
Johnson":1cxwb3b4 said:

Did a quick net search, and you're right! He's played 11 League games and has no goals to his name, so far.

Will explain why I haven't heard his name then! Must admit I thought him and Clarkson would tear this league apart.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Rovers latest

Bristol Rovers will hold a 4pm press conference to reveal the steps they are to take in the aftermath of Mark McGhee's departure from the club.

McGhee was relieved of his duties following Saturday's 4-1 defeat at York City, which left his side one off the bottom of League Two.

The players will report to their Cribbs Causeway HQ this morning where they will train as usual under the guidance of assistant manager Shaun North and development coach Marcus Stewart.

It was thought the pair would be put in temporary charge of team affairs whilst the club began their search for a permanent successor - but the club's decision to delay their press conference until late this afternoon has increased speculation that a new man may be unveiled later today.

Former Rovers boss John Ward is widely rumoured to be in the frame to take the job after reportedly stalling on an offer to become director of football at League Two club Plymouth Argyle last week.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Longwellgreen":uja381zv said:
Speaking to a good friend who was in the Bristol Rovers directors presence at York yesterday, a Ward/Tilson partnership is the favoured one at The Mem. I am not aware if that is already in the process of happening. He is rarely wrong on BRFC matters.
I spoke to someone this morning who spoke with two of Rovers' directors last week. One of them described the Ward/Tilson partnership favoured by the other as a "romantic notion".

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
Ward is currently 1/5 clear favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Rovers manager. I detect an O'Driscoll situation arising once again.

Edited to add that Rovers have called a press conference for 4pm today.

Aug 29, 2008
There must be some mistake. It was made clear to us that we were only interviewing candidates who had no ambitions to manage again so that poor old Fletch wouldn't get scared his job was under threat - which means that JW can't be interested in the Rovers job... right?

Nov 12, 2012
I have heard it from a source within Argyle that they are considering doing a u turn on the DOF position and scrapping the idea altogether.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Aerok":2wmtfqc4 said:
Oh look, we've missed out on JW...

Too slow.
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/upda ... 48095.aspx
Oh dear.

Looks like we'll find him in the opposition dugout on NYD then.
mattym":2wmtfqc4 said:
I have heard it from a source within Argyle that they are considering doing a u turn on the DOF position and scrapping the idea altogether.
Lets hope so. Then we can just go for the more simple approach of sacking the manager and replacing him with a new one.