Mark McGhee sacked | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mark McGhee sacked

A

aishburton green

More knee jerking and speculation on Pasoti. Get a grip. Som ebody has sacked a manager. Nothing unusual about that.

Dec 15, 2012
Speaking to a good friend who was in the Bristol Rovers directors presence at York yesterday, a Ward/Tilson partnership is the favoured one at The Mem. I am not aware if that is already in the process of happening. He is rarely wrong on BRFC matters.

I was present at Exeter yesterday...felt the subs were correct moves, and that Chadwick and Feeney made a big difference, as did Bhas further up the field. Impressed by Moseley.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not wishing to appear as pro-Fletcher in contrast to recent posts.

Just recall that shortly after transfer window in January there was a clamour for us to axe Fletcher. Around that time, Hereford & Macclesfield both replaced managers increasing demands for us to do the same, of course they both ended up in the conference.

Feb 21, 2011
Dunno why anyone would be to bothered about Ward going to Rovers not like his recent record is much to bang on about.

M

Mr Smith

X Isle":15ph87u6 said:
SACK FLETCH NOW AND OFFER WARD THE JOB.

Ward went 20 games without a win in his last job, he was also sacked from Carlisle for losing 9 out of 10.

Not being Fletcher isn't a good enough reason for JW to become manager.

M

Mr Smith

I also heard from a Carlise supporting mate, that JW was a bit mad and blamed bad results on the fact the lucky dolman stone was moved from outside the club to town center.

Nov 13, 2008
plymouth
at least the rovers board have got balls we a just the laughing stock of the football league even the blue square clubs cant wait to have a go at us next season

Jul 29, 2010
Mr Smith":3o74q5ah said:
X Isle":3o74q5ah said:
SACK FLETCH NOW AND OFFER WARD THE JOB.

Ward went 20 games without a win in his last job, he was also sacked from Carlisle for losing 9 out of 10.

Not being Fletcher isn't a good enough reason for JW to become manager.

Ah, the dark art of selective quoting :roll:

You missed the bit about if they want him because they've interviewed him and like him, then the only way to tempt him away from interest in Rovers is to offer him OUR managers job.

We can't afford to let Carl Fletcher loose in the transfer market unrestrained and unchecked. We need a new broom or if we must, an old hand on Fletch's broom.......or we'll end up with the biggest collection of defensive strikers in world football.

Ward wouldn't be my first second or third choice but we can't afford another delay and I suspect there were no other candidates for DOF, despite what they said.

M

Mr Smith

So you would sack the manager because a team below us might want the same DOF as us, and offer him the job as manager, even though he isn't even your 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice?

Terrible way to run a football club.

Aug 22, 2006
Mr Smith":271nah1y said:
So you would sack the manager because a team below us might want the same DOF as us, and offer him the job as manager, even though he isn't even your 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice?

Absolutely spot on. I thought X Isle would be a bit more screwed on (I still think his account has been hacked into) especially as we ended up getting rid of Sturrock for Mariner and look where that got us? Well we got Bradley Cooper I suppose ;)

With regards to Bristol Rovers their situation is totally different to ours and if I need to spell it out then people are just mad.
They didn't come out of Admin recently (we did)
They were favourites for automatic promotion this season (we weren't)
They actually had an experienced manager who should have done better (we don't, i'm sure it's fair to say any inexperienced manager who is learning the trade deserves more time than an experienced manager)
They have the worst goal difference in this division, far worse than ours and this suggests that they have been well beaten in games (I count 4 for them, probably just the Fleetwood game for us.)
Yes they have/had an injury list but injuries and bad luck doesn't apply to us and fletcher when these excuses are made so why apply it to Rovers? A bit unfair.

Yes it's probably better if Fletch went, but I want a decent replacement not just anyone for the sake of getting rid of satan fletcher.

Aug 22, 2006
Actually i'm going to argue with myself here because I wasn't being totally fair...
You could say that it's better to sack an inexperienced manager than an experienced one because he doesn't have the experience of a relegation fight etc... (although Fletch turned it around last season.) That of course isn't the point. Basically we should be at least mid-table, and not arguing about relegation, of course that's the frustration, I just feel that Rovers have extremely underperformed and judging from a friends report they've been completely out of games in many of their matches. We've been total sh*te in probably 4 or our matches (with two of them coming in the opening weeks.)
The rest of them we could have got a point or a win, and yes maybe with better tactics as opposed to luck. There must be a long-term solution out there and if it's not Fletch i'm not sure we should be relying on 3rd/4th choices... just because anything is deemed better... I mean in theory were Rovers better off sticking with Buckle?

Jul 29, 2010
Mr Smith":3k4ts5t1 said:

What, as opposed to the fantastic way the club is being run at the moment you mean?

Ever heard of the phrase girls use "he may not be Mr right but he is Mr right now".......no, probably not, not as Mr right OR Mr right now.

He's available and he has more of a clue than Fletch. The alternative is we wait, can we really afford that?

Jul 29, 2010
You always look for contradictions or weaknesses Maz but I don't think even I've ever argued with myself........same question to contestant personality number 2 please Cilla.

;-)

M

Mr Smith

X Isle":7jse0rlx said:
Mr Smith":7jse0rlx said:

What, as opposed to the fantastic way the club is being run at the moment you mean?

Ever heard of the phrase girls use "he may not be Mr right but he is Mr right now".......no, probably not, not as Mr right OR Mr right now.

He's available and he has more of a clue than Fletch. The alternative is we wait, can we really afford that?

Of course the club is being run better! Why would completely destabilising an already shaky club to appoint someone you don't even want just because he might be a DOF somewhere else?

Ward has consistently failed as manager in the last few years and now is only linked to DOF jobs. All you want is Fletcher out, irrespective of if it puts the club in a worse postion or not.

Madness! :lol:

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Yes, I wouldnt take JW...his record is abysmal...McGee's record this season is also a warning shot to all of us wanting Fletch out and an experienced hand. Just shows how tough it can be at this level! If we fire Fletch, we really need to be sure of who we get in his place.