Managers comments on BBC site | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Managers comments on BBC site

Nov 8, 2012
He doesn't feel the pressure because he knows Brent won't get rid of him, we played really nice football in the 2nd half PCH was outstanding.

R

RedGreen

We can't afford a change in management, so CF pretty much knows he is bullet-proof. He can talk about health, i am not sure my health can take any more home beatings, Cole needs to be replaced before i come back, he was woeful for both goals and to see him nervously stand on his line for most crosses and corners is awful and we should put him out of his misery to the ressies and lets give the big young 'un a chance!

Dec 2, 2010
The other thing Fletch totally fails to grasp is that if most of us don't perform at work, we face the consequences.

He's basically been given a free pass? The only way Brent can keep his word is to bring someone in to work with him...he didn't say he wouldn't do that!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Graham Evans":2t3xkmva said:
This man has completely lost the plot.If he does not feel the pressure lets give him something to feel , by this i mean a non violent but verbal protest at the next home game.The vast majority of Argyle fans want this useless clown out so why not tell him so with chants of Fletcher out from the kick off of Saturdays defeat to Gillinghanm.Just go Fletcher nobody wants you here.

Do they? From where I was sat there were a few boos and even fewer involved in a "Fletcher out" chant, which were swiftly drowned out by "Argyle till I die" and applause for the efforts of the team. I think a lot of people understand that we are still a club with a lot of ground to make up after recent years, nobody wants to see us struggling at the foot of League 2 but it seemed a lot of people aren't looking to fight for Fletch's removal, they trust JB's judgement and want to see Fletch do his best whilst he remains in charge. I'm sure people outside the internet Argyle world do worry but it seems a lot of them don't see this as the time for campaigning for change more rally behind our team as we have done so several years prior to this season.

It was mentioned earlier by Green Eyed Monster that some people are taking the "Fletch out" campaign to an unneccessary height of abuse towards Carl Fletcher, the words "useless clown" show this in its full "glory". I agree with GEM that no matter what opinion we have on Fletch's ability as manager we should at least show him respect as a fellow human being doing his best for our football club...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Look, every team has an off-day. It is just that our's are always on a match-day!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Ollieargyle9":2n8v53qy said:
Graham Evans":2n8v53qy said:
This man has completely lost the plot.If he does not feel the pressure lets give him something to feel , by this i mean a non violent but verbal protest at the next home game.The vast majority of Argyle fans want this useless clown out so why not tell him so with chants of Fletcher out from the kick off of Saturdays defeat to Gillinghanm.Just go Fletcher nobody wants you here.

Do they? From where I was sat there were a few boos and even fewer involved in a "Fletcher out" chant, which were swiftly drowned out by "Argyle till I die" and applause for the efforts of the team. I think a lot of people understand that we are still a club with a lot of ground to make up after recent years, nobody wants to see us struggling at the foot of League 2 but it seemed a lot of people aren't looking to fight for Fletch's removal, they trust JB's judgement and want to see Fletch do his best whilst he remains in charge. I'm sure people outside the internet Argyle world do worry but it seems a lot of them don't see this as the time for campaigning for change more rally behind our team as we have done so several years prior to this season.

It was mentioned earlier by Green Eyed Monster that some people are taking the "Fletch out" campaign to an unneccessary height of abuse towards Carl Fletcher, the words "useless clown" show this in its full "glory". I agree with GEM that no matter what opinion we have on Fletch's ability as manager we should at least show him respect as a fellow human being doing his best for our football club...

Completely agree. Some of the posts have been embarrassing.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Did anyone else watch the documentary about El Alamein the other night? Before that battle, he 8th Army were crap. Their defence was woeful. They were continually passing back and there wings were showing a total lack of imagination. Chairman Churchill couldn't find a manager who could turn their luck around. He reportedly said this in The Commons:

"Any featherhead can be confident in time of victory. The test is to have faith when things are going badly." Churchill 1941

Feb 21, 2011
Dave Langmead":1pz539me said:
:furious:
Ave_IT":1pz539me said:
He must wonder why he bothers speaking to the press at all if people wilfully twist his words. His meaning was clear – keep disappointments in perspective and start again tomorrow. He acknowledges the pressure and the right of fans to express their feelings but correctly points out that one game doesn’t change things. How the Hell is that slight on the fans or a sign he doesn’t give a toss?

"In the second half we got our rewards, the tempo was a little bit higher - we had complete control of the game really and we went and lost it 2-1"

explain that onre to me then? we were in complete control and lost the game?? wtf?? does that make any sense?

we lost the game cos we did not control it after we went 1-0 up.
you can't lose a game you are in control of?

i was in complete control of my car, then i went and ran Bradley Wiggins over M'Lud?? WTF??!!
I'm guessing but I expect he thought better to say that than
"We were in control then my pleb of a goalkeeper made to basic errors, and we lost 1-2"

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The shouting down of the Fletcher Out chants appeared to be led by the cheer leaders for Forza Verde. The number of happy clappers will reduce as the days drag on and we start being left adrift near the bottom. Clever move by the club though to seed the traditional barmometer of performance with those who are not prepared to even open the coffee let alone smell it!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Ollieargyle9":3opqxkwy said:
Graham Evans":3opqxkwy said:

"Argyle till I die"........shouldn't that be......"Argyle till they die"

The booing came over very clearly on Radio Devon's match summary, clearly heard by Chris Webb.

"Ollieargyle9".........what a load of old tosh you speak.......take the blinkers off and see the downward spiral that this once proud club have found themselves in.......it's slowly bleeding to death.....and comments like yours will only help it into oblivion.

It reminds me of Baldwins...."it's ok I've got a piece of paper speech,when returning from talks with Herr Hitler"........dramatic I know,but people need to wake up.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Princerock":3adwf526 said:
Ollieargyle9":3adwf526 said:
Graham Evans":3adwf526 said:

The booing came over very clearly on Radio Devon's match summary, clearly heard by Chris Webb.

"Ollieargyle9".........what a load of old tosh you speak.......take the blinkers off and see the downward spiral that this once proud club have found themselves in.......it's slowly bleeding to death.....and comments like yours will only help it into oblivion.

It reminds me of Baldwins...."it's ok I've got a piece of paper speech,when returning from talks with Herr Hitler"........dramatic I know,but people need to wake up.

i've said this before: the basic point about the 'wooohoooo' chants, the 'Argo till i dies', the flag waving and the miscellaneous singing, is that they are not real sentiments/emotions. basically it is 'acting', i will support Argyle whatever, I will sing when i am not happy with what i'm watching, i will cheer even tho' we are holding the ball and playing it backwards, i will applaud our keeper even if he flaps the ball back to the opposition.

in fact, Cole's 'punches' are a case in point, everyone moans/groans, there is a pause as everything goes quiet, then the 'support' starts up again!

i'm not knocking it, i understand what the guys are trying to do to keep spirits up etc but it is not 'real' support driven by the events on the night. i have been tromping the streets all day, i come for some fun, entertainment, fulfilment, i come to see my team .. well win to put it bluntly.

on wednesday i was just miserable, dejected, depressed and totally disillusioned, i have rarely felt less likely to burst into song in my life!! :thumbdown:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Princerock":3otub44h said:
Ollieargyle9":3otub44h said:
Graham Evans":3otub44h said:

"The booing came over very clearly on Radio Devon" - I was at the game I know what I heard, yes there were boos but if you read my post again you will find that I did confirm that was the case. There were also a few Forza Verdes trying to start off the "Fletch out" chants and if you were at the game you may have heard them for yourself and you may have also heard a larger number of Argyle fans trying to drown them out with various chants to support the club (but not the manager I will add). It seems those outside our little internet world are neither here nor there on Fletch's tenure, for whatever reason call it trust in JB's judgement or that they have realised that we aren't going to become the Championship club we once were over night, either way yes there were boos and yes there was frustration but the majority of Argyle fans in the real world are still (to use that old line) "pleased we still have a club" and are showing their support for the club even if they are fed up with seeing continued poor results week in week out.

"Comments like mine will only help it into oblivion" - Don't make me laugh, I'm commenting on a football forum here not in the bleddy Argyle board room, I know some people take this forum stuff way too seriously but come on? If the club was of the opinion that Fletch should go they aren't suddenly going to belay that order having seen my comments on here, results and attendances will be more than enough evidence to suggest whether or not Fletch will keep his job, if it was down to the general Pasoti public Fletch would have gone weeks ago maybe even last year back when everyone was so sure we were going to be relegatd last season.

You mention oblivion, you must know something I don't or are still living in admin mode because oblivion would suggest Argyle are about to shut down which to me seems to be a tad strong when we are talking about the manager...

As for speaking a load of old tosh, that may be the case but I am well within my rights to do so whether you agree with it or not...