Managers comments on BBC site | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Managers comments on BBC site

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wad he say?

Dec 20, 2011
Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher says he does not feel under any more pressure despite seeing his side slump to a fourth successive defeat.

Argyle conceded two late goals after leading at home against Burton Albion and are only four points above the bottom of the League Two table.

"The pressure's no different than it was last week or six months ago," Fletcher told BBC South West Sport.

"Every manager's under pressure to get results, so no different than before."

Argyle owner James Brent publicly backed the 32-year-old former Wales international earlier this week
However, supporters booed Argyle at the final whistle and the crowd of 5,219 was their lowest since they lost 2-0 to Port Vale on 10 September last season, the last home game before Peter Reid was sacked.

"It's the crowd's prerogative, they pay the money and they come in," Fletcher said.

"But at the end of the day we're all healthy and we'll all go home and see our families and tomorrow's another day."

After a lifeless first half Fletcher's team played a lot better at the beginning of the second with Paris Cowan-Hall putting them ahead in the 48th minute.

"I'm a little bit miffed into how we actually lost the game," Fletcher added
"It was a little bit dead, and a little bit flat, but I thought we were very professional in the first half.

"In the second half we got our rewards, the tempo was a little bit higher - we had complete control of the game really and we went and lost it 2-1

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Load of poo.

Oct 24, 2010
Pretty much spot on apart from the last 15 minutes, we were a bit deflated and disjointed after their goals.

Mar 3, 2012
"But at the end of the day we're all healthy and we'll all go home and see our families and tomorrow's another day."

Well we aren't fighting a war so I would expect they would be under any manager. He is feeling the pressure, I'm hoping he will do the sensible thing and resign because i'm dubious of seeing Brent actually sacking him and if he does, the staff around him.

Dec 20, 2011
Not to impressed with the managers statement. We were safe 6 months ago so pressure should have been off, then come back recharged and focussed after summer. Didnt happen did it Carl? Not even a shred of an apology again for last nights dismal display.......... CARP!!! :banghead:

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
I really can't see what health has to do with anything. I'll try that argument with my boss or a client next time I do something wrong and see how far it gets me. After the Dorchester game he said something similar. I don't go to watch Argyle to keep my health maintained.

I like CF as an individual and liked him as a player and our captain but as a manager he's come up very short. He's out of his depth and it is painfully obvious. If he doesn't want a mentor (as I've read on here repeatedly) then he is accepting the responsibility for his shortcomings. He's probably capable of keeping us up again just about but that's not what we've been led to expect by our chairman.

My fear is our 'promotion' budget this year will deliver nothing but another poor finish and a reduced budget next year as crowds continue to tail off.

How long before loyalty to the manager becomes interpretable as arrogance and disdain for the football side of the business? It's an attitude that is creeping in more and more and I'm struggling not to sympathise with it.

Dec 7, 2006
"I'm a little bit miffed into how we actually lost the game," Miffed? MIFFED??!! If you had a shred of respect for the poor bewildered hoardes that payed to watch that crap you ought to be bleddy incandescent!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'm actually beginning to think Brent has really told him his job is safe no matter what, in which case he is as culpable as Fletcher if things get any worse. On the other hand, it could all be bravado. I know which theory my money is on. :sad:

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
esmer":2zxr8t7n said:
Pretty much spot on apart from the last 15 minutes, we were a bit deflated and disjointed after their goals.

You ARE Carl Fletcher, and I claim my five pounds.

How did you view the first half then esmer? Excellent passing football?

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Mr Cresswell said:

quote]

What a weird comment. Is that some kind of act of defiance, like the fans can say what they like but I'm off home without a care in the world.

I hope to God that his desk is cleared by Monday, he's out of his depth.

O

old redeyes

Fletcher":lu0j8bo6 said:
"It's the crowd's prerogative, they pay the money and they come in."
Praise most high for the long-suffering thousands.

Fletcher":lu0j8bo6 said:
"But at the end of the day we're all healthy and we'll all go home and see our families and tomorrow's another day"
Except you get paid and the crowd get taxed. Who has the better deal? Could he show any less concern about the performances and results?

Miffed?! Not good with this PR stuff is he.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Actually I'm miffed too. I thought Burton were very average and there for the beating.