Managerial ins and outs 23/24 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Managerial ins and outs 23/24

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I do wonder whether there was a problem in the dressing room?

Certain players at the top of the pecking order, upset by the end of season meltdown, caused by a brand of coaching?

There doesn't seem to be any "sad to see you go boss" type posts anywhere.
Wednesday Chairman told fans at a meeting last night he is aiming to reach play offs in 23/24. Ambitious in my view with no manager and just 14 players on books.

Media reports suggest Moore wanted at least 10 players brought in over summer and, in part, this saw him leaving.

Multiple sources have suggested that a large part of the issue lies with the transfer policy going forward, with Moore and Chansiri believed to be at odds with regards to what was needed for the upcoming campaign – the Star being informed that the two were sitting on different ends of the scale in terms of the backing that would be required and given.

Reactions: Andy S
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
You forgot the bit about Gary O’Neill, having successfully managed to keep Bournemouth up, promptly got the sack at the end of the season!
Yes - truly bizarre him getting sacked. If City had cocked-up the treble at the end with another CL Pep brain-fart there were people understandably touting Gary O'Neil's amazing transformation of Bournemouth (who were getting mercilessly battered every week) for manager of the season. But the Bournemouth board in their wisdom then sack him! 🤷‍♂️

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Ruben Selles has reportedly agreed to take charge of Reading to oversee their attempt to return to the Championship following relegation last season.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Russell Martin confirmed at Southampton

Duff expected to leave Barnsley and replace him at Swansea

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
How the Hell is Scott Parker on anyone’s short list, let alone a club like Leeds? He spent his whole time at Bournemouth this season whingeing and whining and telling everyone his players weren’t good enough for the Premier league and so not surprisingly they were getting battered until he was sacked. New bloke comes in (Gary O’Neil) and suddenly those players turn out to be quite good after all and they comfortably survive. Meanwhile Scott Parker gets a gig with a team in the Champions League at Club Brugge (You What??) …. and manages two wins in 12 games and they finish 21 points adrift and he gets sacked again.

To be fair to Parker, he won their first game of the season against Aston Villa. They then lost 16-0 over the next 3 games against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. He left after 4 games and did well to get them up from the Championship.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Moore to Barnsley?

Moore had Sheff Wed set up to physically dominate teams but Barnsley have a lot more technical players and played with a high press under Duff.

I think Moore could do a decent job there but probably not got his kind of squad as things stand. I would have some time off if i was DM.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Moore had Sheff Wed set up to physically dominate teams but Barnsley have a lot more technical players and played with a high press under Duff.

I think Moore could do a decent job there but probably not got his kind of squad as things stand. I would have some time off if i was DM.
All his backroom staff have left too. I can't imagine they all have enough saved up to be out of work for long.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Swansea have appointed Michael Duff as their new head coach following Russell Martin's departure to Southampton.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Former Sheffield Wednesday forward Benito Carbone is among the many names to have applied to become the club's next manager.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Roy Hodgson has a "verbal agreement in place" to continue as manager of Crystal Palace next season, Sky Sports News understands.