Macey v Letheren | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey v Letheren

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Macey was fit enough to be on the bench for 8 games during January and February so it doesn't look like he has a clause in his loan deal that he has to play when fit.

He's out of contract in June and if Arsenal are not offering him a new deal they are probably not bothered if he plays at Argyle or not.

The top priority for next season is to sign a keeper on a permanent contract.

Sep 6, 2006
Man City conceded a goal from a free kick yesterday. It does happen. Keepers make mistakes even at that level. How many mistakes did our defence make on Saturday?

May 16, 2016
Here's another thought, Remi Matthews (now at Bolton) the Keeper we all wanted to keep, let in 4 against Derby the other day. They're second from bottom and most likely to be relegated as well as all their other problems going on.

Is he cr8p now as well ? Looks like, that if we stay up, we had a lucky escape by not getting him.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":qwvc1gpl said:
Man City conceded a goal from a free kick yesterday. It does happen. Keepers make mistakes even at that level. How many mistakes did our defence make on Saturday?

Do you think that Macey has any flaws in his game, or do you see him as being a flawless keeper?
If you think he does have some flaws, what would you say they are?
Interested to hear from one of his supporters just what it is you find so excellent about his game.

Apr 9, 2011
DA was critical of Macey for the way he lined up the wall & his position when Donny got their second from the free kick. Bet he will be in on Friday though :facepalm:

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
The results with Letheren in goal versus Macey speak for themselves. He HAS to start. I’m very pro-Adams and this is genuinely one of the most frustrating moments with his management I’ve experienced. It makes absolutely no sense why a Macey is starting.

Sep 2, 2008
phil-thefluter24":2baz92qb said:
DA was critical of Macey for the way he lined up the wall & his position when Donny got their second from the free kick. Bet he will be in on Friday though :facepalm:
I bet he won't. I think Adams has finally realised what a lot of us already knew.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
davegreenarmy":34w1cs4i said:
The results with Letheren in goal versus Macey speak for themselves. He HAS to start. I’m very pro-Adams and this is genuinely one of the most frustrating moments with his management I’ve experienced. It makes absolutely no sense why a Macey is starting.

This.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pottypilgrim":i8iluoqx said:
phil-thefluter24":i8iluoqx said:
I bet he won't. I think Adams has finally realised what a lot of us already knew.

Or DA is just saying ..’ this is what you should have done.. now you’re lucky to retain the no.1 GK jersey so don’t let it happen again!’

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
If Macey plays Arsenal pay the wages, if he doesn't we pay his wages, that explains why he's getting in ahead of Letheren then.

Incidentially the same thing happened when Stockdale got in ahead of Romain in the season we went down.

Oct 5, 2013
r4h4al":1z7gr8aa said:
If Macey plays Arsenal pay the wages, if he doesn't we pay his wages, that explains why he's getting in ahead of Letheren then.

Incidentially the same thing happened when Stockdale got in ahead of Romain in the season we went down.

Is that really how a long loan works? Interesting to hear your confirmation of this, as indeed that would explain why Macey keeps getting picked.
If so, then what a gamble is being taken with our future, for the sake of a few thousand on additional wages.

Oct 31, 2015
r4h4al":2j2h8d4b said:

Is this true! Is it a normal loan agreement with higher clubs for their young starlets?

If so explains a lot :banghead: but boy that is short sighted at this time. More important we stay up.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Anyone willing to admit after yesterday that it may be possibility that it’s a Defence problem and not a goalkeeper problem?

Because for all of Letheren’s commanding presence and organisation of the defence, we conceded two free headers and a counter attack that started when he booted the ball to the opposition...

Edit: sorry, he did a bad kick which found a green shirt unintentionally.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Nobby":20kqbfsh said:
Anyone willing to admit after yesterday that it may be possibility that it’s a Defence problem and not a goalkeeper problem?

Because for all of Letheren’s commanding presence and organisation of the defence, we conceded two free headers and a counter attack that started when he booted the ball to the opposition...

Mr Nobby, Letheren found an Argyle player who then passed the ball to a gillingham player to start the counter attack.

Feb 26, 2007
Plymouth
In defence of the keepers, if they make a mistake, it could cost a goal, but what about the other positions, how many times have we seen a fwd miss a sitter, or a poor pass or a cross when we've had players un marked, mid fielders not picking up a runner or miss placing a pass and defenders giving the ball away in our own 3rd or not marking players. Or the manager making poor decisions or substitutions, and poorly conditioned players getting injured in training, then getting injured by poor rehab or getting rushed back to quick due to poor treatment and training.Their all culpable in our current down fall.