Macey needs to be dropped | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Nov 28, 2017
IJN":3k6a0zqc said:
Martyn":3k6a0zqc said:
Got to be one of the most stupidest thread going.

It gets my vote.
Dosnt talk, dodgey postioning, dodgey kicking, sure the defence must love having him as cover lol. Cost us the first goal when we needed him to be strong. The second he could’ve done better position wise! But nah he’s class apparently some of our fans are stupid

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
And you think Kyle Letheren, who has the spent the majority of his career playing non league football in this country & basically pub football in Scotland, will be better?

Letheren may have had a few good games for us last season and he's an alright back up, but you can't possibly think he's got more quality than Macey.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have just seen the highlights and he was at fault for the first goal with a great penalty save.for the second he was rooted to his line.letheren for me next match.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Steve Evans":30unvmti said:
i have just seen the highlights and he was at fault for the first goal with a great penalty save.for the second he was rooted to his line.letheren for me next match.

Well he was the reason for our good run last season so perhaps is worth a go.

Jan 27, 2012
He'll probably be released by Arsenal at the end of the season (after all he is 24 years old) and maybe Argyle will have a chance of signing him permanently if he proves to be good enough over the course of this League One season. Personally, I dont think he's Championship standard at the moment.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I don't feel he commands the penalty area, especially for his height he doesn't come out for the ball confidently enough. It could be he'll improve but will it be at Argyle's expense in the meantime ?

Oct 14, 2015
Steve Evans":9vjs2z7z said:

So you'd drop a player by watching about 2 minutes on highlights on the TV and no idea about the remaining 88 minutes unless you were there....

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":3z2nlivv said:
Steve Evans":3z2nlivv said:

So you'd drop a player by watching about 2 minutes on highlights on the TV and no idea about the remaining 88 minutes unless you were there....
i wasn't there but i have not been very impressed with his home matches.this is not the time to play arsenals 4th choice 'keeper in my opinion.

Oct 5, 2013
Cobi Budge":3ahiko7h said:
And you think Kyle Letheren, who has the spent the majority of his career playing non league football in this country & basically pub football in Scotland, will be better?

Letheren may have had a few good games for us last season and he's an alright back up, but you can't possibly think he's got more quality than Macey.

I don't really understand your drift. Surely if Letheren was not good enough as you imply, he wouldn't have shown himself the "alright back up" that you call him, and surely DA wouldn't even have him on the books?
To me, anyone who's on the bench must be good enough to play in the team, otherwise what is that saying about DA's judgment?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Steve Evans":za0ounxa said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":za0ounxa said:
Steve Evans":za0ounxa said:

i wasn't there but i have not been very impressed with his home matches.this is not the time to play arsenals 4th choice 'keeper in my opinion.
The only big mistake he made at home was a poor clearance resulting in Peterborough’s first. I can think of many excellent saves against Southend and Wycombe, in particular. It was interesting that on our pre-season tour, Mike Cooper played and, apparently, did very well.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
themightykeithfear":1h18tgp4 said:
Steve Evans":1h18tgp4 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1h18tgp4 said:
Steve Evans":1h18tgp4 said:

oh my lord, the guys played in European football but not good enough for us compared to a lad who has mainly played in a poor level of local league football you couldn't make it up, still gives you a giggle on a sunday night
On the other hand he has also played for Accrington and needed to be taken out of the firing line after 4 consecutive defeats in his four appearances, the last of them a 5-1 home defeat.

Sep 25, 2010
Strange, so many people on here, who are experts on the art of goalkeeping.

I played semi-pro level as a goalkeeper for about 20 Years, and would never dream of dictating who is no. 1, there are better qualified people at home park to do that.