Macey needs to be dropped | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Does Macey go back in January?

Feb 21, 2011
Altarnun_Green":mmz13sd1 said:
Steve Evans":mmz13sd1 said:
oldage":mmz13sd1 said:
Its not only Macey.What sort of training did our fullbacks have with Premiership sides.They seem to lack the basics of how to defend!
i agree that our full backs looked every inch non league standard yesterday.

To be fair, our full backs are being overloaded. The midfield is so narrow that most of the opposition managers seem to work out that its all rather easy playing 1/2 around the stranded full backs. I like Lamerias going forward but whichever side he plays on gets no protection at all. Also, sometimes our full backs seem to get pulled in closer to our centre backs, leaving space on both wings. Is that our game plan (which I think it is otherwise they would have had a rocket up their backsides and told to sit out wider).
And yet we didn’t concede from open play yesterday, so one could argue the defensive set up is working. Unfortunately we can’t defend set pieces not one but two free headers for the first goal, followed by two free headers for the rest, weak defending by poor defenders is our problem. As for full backs people got on the back of Mellor and Taylor-Sinclair but these two are a massive downgrade on them, one thing I’ve learnt this season is the premier league U21 is no preparation for the grind of real league football.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
It's not the fault of youngsters who are given no direction or leadership on the pitch. And in the case of our full-backs, their squad numbers probably indicate what was expected of them this year.

Oct 31, 2015
r4h4al":32y2uhfn said:
As abysmal as Macey is, he remains our best option.

Sadly I agree with this.

Most of the 7 keepers we had last season are better than the number 1 and 2 this season.

Nit sure Harry B will be much better but we need to give him a chance when he comes back

Sep 6, 2006
The goalkeeper situation is yet another C**k up by Adams. Got rid of Luke. How we could do with his experience now. And failed to replace him.

Mar 14, 2009
There are times that he doesn’t command his 6 yard box that l would like to see a GK of his statue do. And yes his kicking can be poor.

However, his agility as a GK is phenomenal. He makes not just good saves, but outstanding saves. He made one against Wimbledon against Jervis that was just pure reaction.

Sounds like he had another very good game today. He is young and keepers do tend to get better with age. He will make mistakes but l think the guy has done well considering how many times that defence has changed in front of him.

Aug 17, 2005
Balham_Green":31s825ba said:
The goalkeeper situation is yet another C**k up by Adams. Got rid of Luke. How we could do with his experience now. And failed to replace him.

Luke said he had a discussion with him and decided it was time to move on. He might of been told that he intended to get a premiership youngster in or xyz as first choice and that he would be used as second choice. Luke didn't want this so decided to move on whereas letheren might be happy with that situation

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
signalspast":cx1za4qg said:
Balham_Green":cx1za4qg said:

Luke said he had a discussion with him and decided it was time to move on. He might of been told that he intended to get a premiership youngster in or xyz as first choice and that he would be used as second choice. Luke didn't want this so decided to move on whereas letheren might be happy with that situation

Not really because he knew he'd be #2 at Swindon. Unless he resigned himself to it when bettwer offers didn't materialise as expected

Aug 17, 2005
I don't know it's just that he said it was a mutual parting of the ways. As he has never said what the discussion was it's only people's interpretation on it at the time.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Altarnun_Green":b8bn0l8u said:
And back to the original question. Macey cannot kick. Full stop.

Luke was hardly the best kicker of the ball either. IIR during his first spell with us he was scouted several times by higher league clubs, but it was his kicking which let him down.

Jul 6, 2011
Penlee":1ei9ecyp said:
signalspast":1ei9ecyp said:
Balham_Green":1ei9ecyp said:

Not really because he knew he'd be #2 at Swindon. Unless he resigned himself to it when bettwer offers didn't materialise as expected

He was the first team goalie last time I looked