Macey needs to be dropped | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Oct 31, 2015
nick_PASTIE":wuzbtdmt said:
Stats say we Have had 44 shots on target against us this season, 2nd most in L1

Thats suggests our whole defensive unit is poor( the team).Most keepers would struggle with that . Dont see DA quoting this stat. Get further up the bloody pitch and keep the ball!

Nice comeback oldage :)

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":1fc2y9x1 said:
rsp4":1fc2y9x1 said:
I have seen him quite a few times and my buggest gripe is he is very quiet. I dont see him talking to the defence or commanding

You could hear Luke all the time and Remi used to give it socks. Thing is he is not young.

I suspect his confidence is waining because early games He was commanding the 6 yard box but now it seems not.

Mind most keepers would struggle behind that defence

Just on the basis of giving another keeper a go, to see if that changes things around defence-wise, I think it must be worth playing Letheren.

Don't see what difference that will make. He made some decent saves but was at fault for first goal.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
We’ve started 6 of our 8 league games with a different back four. That’s a huge problem. Bigger problem is each combination is as bad as the previous.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
David de Gea would struggle with this defence in front of him. I've seen more solid and better organised sunday pub team defences

Jan 27, 2012
Matt Macey is certainly not as good as Remi Matthews (who Argyle should have fought hard to sign permanently) but I don't think Letheren is the answer either. People describe Letheren as 'experienced' but he isn't particularly as he's mostly played reserve team football. He's OK as a back up but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Aug 5, 2016
David_Fisher":2mn7m6gb said:
HC Green":2mn7m6gb said:
Greenarmy11":2mn7m6gb said:
Poor goalkeeping for the first goal and not the first time he’s cost us this season. Give letheran a chance more experienced and he’s decent.

Taking that logic, every time a player gives away a penalty he should be dropped, how many times has that cost us this season?

It must be a nightmare playing behind our "defence".

Who is to say Macey isn't the OP?

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":1ay9d402 said:
David de Gea would struggle with this defence in front of him. I've seen more solid and better organised sunday pub team defences

We have only let 3 in in last 3 games!

Oct 14, 2015
If there was a poll on Player of the Season now then Macey, I'd imagine, would be top 3 ?? Yet there is a thread about dropping him. If you get chance look at Charltons 2nd goal and ask yourself where the defenders are??? That's the problem not Macey IMO....

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If you asked me to pick a player of the season so far, I'd probably pick Macey. Granted he hasn't been incredible but who in the team has been better?

GK is the least is our concerns.

Odd thread.