Macey needs to be dropped | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Jun 7, 2006
Doesn't seem to command the back four. Makes it even more baffling that Luke was released. That said organising our back four is probably a bit like herding cats on Saturdays evidence.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
cheshiregreen":yrjgvcwd said:
Perhaps Cooper will start the next Checkatrade game?

Totally agree - he needs proper game time, maybe against Chelsea youth would be a good one for him..?

Jan 3, 2017
Just had a text from a youth coach at Wolves who said Burgoyne is 4 or 5 weeks away from being fit. We get him back, right?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Be interesting to see whether we look to send one of Burgoyne/Macey back or keep both, I can't imagine either player nor their parent club would be too happy with bench warming.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":38odkcqt said:
Be interesting to see whether we look to send one of Burgoyne/Macey back or keep both, I can't imagine either player nor their parent club would be too happy with bench warming.

Of the two Macey will probably go then, seeing as Burgoyne was who Adams wanted in the first place?

I do want to see Cooper though so I think he should be the cup keeper.

Feb 23, 2008
I think Macey is a great shot stopper but how a professional footballer can be that bad at kicking a ball is beyond me.

Its not just a one off it's a regular thing and if teams haven't already then they will surely start pressuring him more and more to force a mistake.

I wonder if it's a psychological thing as I genuinely can't get my head around how bad his kicking is.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
chunkymonkey78":30jt1cvc said:
I think Macey is a great shot stopper but how a professional footballer can be that bad at kicking a ball is beyond me.

Its not just a one off it's a regular thing and if teams haven't already then they will surely start pressuring him more and more to force a mistake.

I wonder if it's a psychological thing as I genuinely can't get my head around how bad his kicking is.
it's beyond me how he ever played for arsenal.his kicking is terrible,he hardly ever catches a ball,did you hear the sardonic cheers when he finally did catch a cross?,often when he saves he pushes it out in front of him and teams are aware of his many faults.return him to his parent club now argyle and play either cooper or letheren!

Jul 12, 2016
Its not only Macey.What sort of training did our fullbacks have with Premiership sides.They seem to lack the basics of how to defend!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oldage":7dbsppal said:
Its not only Macey.What sort of training did our fullbacks have with Premiership sides.They seem to lack the basics of how to defend!
i agree that our full backs looked every inch non league standard yesterday.

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
Steve Evans":1omzycwf said:
oldage":1omzycwf said:
i agree that our full backs looked every inch non league standard yesterday.

To be fair, our full backs are being overloaded. The midfield is so narrow that most of the opposition managers seem to work out that its all rather easy playing 1/2 around the stranded full backs. I like Lamerias going forward but whichever side he plays on gets no protection at all. Also, sometimes our full backs seem to get pulled in closer to our centre backs, leaving space on both wings. Is that our game plan (which I think it is otherwise they would have had a rocket up their backsides and told to sit out wider).

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
And back to the original question. Macey cannot kick. Full stop. He is a good shot stopper but the ball does get pushed back out into the danger zone too often. And when he is crowded for a set piece, he really struggles. All that is obvious. However, who do you replace him with? Letheren? Not for me although he would command his box better. Cooper? i would love to see him have a chance but with the amount of goals we are leaking, we stand a chance of seriously damaging his confidence. Unfortunately, I think we should keep Macey playing and spend all our time and energy sorting out the defence. For a start have a look who should be marking their No5 for 2 of their goals! Freddy! Would the hell. Freddy is tall but how many headers does he win. Thats the thing that should be looked at. Rant over