Macey needs to be dropped | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Mar 23, 2008
When confidence is low, you need an assured keeper who is vocal with safe handling, Macey isn't that man and like our defence it's amazing how far backwards we've gone from Luke and Remi.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Deacster":1jsik3y3 said:
When confidence is low, you need an assured keeper who is vocal with safe handling, Macey isn't that man and like our defence it's amazing how far backwards we've gone from Luke and Remi.

Given the defence Macey is playing in front of, it's a miracle he's keeping anything out. His handling has largely been good, other than on Saturday. His shot stopping is better than both of those you mention. His kicking leaves a lot to be desired and that's why he's on loan at league one and not in the Arsenal first team squad.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nobby":2vnhmxx5 said:
Deacster":2vnhmxx5 said:

Given the defence Macey is playing in front of, it's a miracle he's keeping anything out. His handling has largely been good, other than on Saturday. His shot stopping is better than both of those you mention. His kicking leaves a lot to be desired and that's why he's on loan at league one and not in the Arsenal first team squad.

:iagree: How good was Remi when Bradley was missing? How good was he when Bradley was playing?
You expect a young(ish) keeper to come hundreds of miles, play with immediate confidence and keep teams out single-handed?? :?

Jan 6, 2004
Oxford fans could not believe how bad Macey was at dealing with crosses and goal kicks/distribution. He definitely needs to be out of the first team to rebuild his confidence.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Green_Flash":2xfv8epa said:
Oxford fans could not believe how bad Macey was at dealing with crosses and goal kicks/distribution. He definitely needs to be out of the first team to rebuild his confidence.

And what, play Kyle Letheren? He's a non-league standard goalkeeper and if he'd been playing instead of Macey this season we'd easily have conceded 5-10 more goals.

As much as I want Cooper to succeed here, it would be madness to chuck him in at the deep end here and would be bad for his development.

The only option, rightly, is to persist with Macey and if in January we still have doubts, send him back and Harry Burgoyne can step back in post-injury recovery.

Jul 6, 2011
Steve Evans":36f6xhsw said:
I Love Mickey":36f6xhsw said:
Steve Evans":36f6xhsw said:
IJN":36f6xhsw said:
MM didn't seem to like the wind much did he?

Letheren's crap, I would always put Coops before him.
i would play cooper next saturday but to call kyle crap is below the belt in my opinion.he doesn't get games because derek brings in an arsenal improver,kyle isn't the greatest he is ring rusty in my opinion.

Sorry, youā€™re wrong. Heā€™s crap.
that is your opinion.

He's definitely cr@p, flash in the pan..

Jul 6, 2011
Cobi Budge":h4nhcl14 said:
He's playing poorly but he's better than anyone else we've got including Cooper.

That's the worst comment yet, unbelievable observation from a long term supporter :)

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Nobby":12wx047f said:
As much as I want Cooper to succeed here, it would be madness to chuck him in at the deep end here and would be bad for his development.

Well I agree so long as we don't have a problem paying 4 GK's wages. Next season though we may see Cooper as number one hopefully.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
r4h4al":3ate6v22 said:
Nobby":3ate6v22 said:

Well I agree so long as we don't have a problem paying 4 GK's wages. Next season though we may see Cooper as number one hopefully.

Think we already are. Didn't Wolves refuse our request to stop paying towards Burgoyne's wages

Mar 23, 2008
Nobby":3ott3h9m said:
Deacster":3ott3h9m said:

His shot stopping is not as good as Matthews and perhaps on a par with Luke so you're wrong there. Agree of course he's playing in front of a poor defence but that poor defence needs a vocal keeper and that's where a Luke style keeper is what is needed.

Apr 29, 2016
I wouldnā€™t say that Letheren is rubbish but he certainly didnā€™t cover himself in glory away at Yeovil or against Swindon. Iā€™d pick Cooper who I think now deserves the chance to prove himself. Heā€™s been playing well for the youngsters and was outstanding at Blackburn when thrown onto the pitch. Maybe Derek doesnā€™t want him to lose his confidence behind a back four that is leaking goals and whose confidence is ā€œshotā€ themselves though and I kinda get that.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1m6zih4m said:
Perhaps Cooper will start the next Checkatrade game?

I can't understand why he didn't start the last one.

Cooper is the future, whilst Letheren is little more than back up & he'll never be number one, seemed like a wasted opportunity.

I have confidence Cooper would have saved 2 of the 3 goals we conceded.