Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 47 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2008
United Kingdom
I'm beginning to feel that even if Lowe did decide to come here it would be because the Bury situation remained unresolved. As such his heart probably wouldn't be 100% in it and he could well move back north if an opportunity arose. I hope the board have recognised this and he is no longer our No 1 target (if indeed he ever was).

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":2sb4njx9 said:
There's a post on the Bury forum from a moderator who seems a well respected poster who claims he's been in contact with Lowe, if true it does seem we are a backstop if the situation at Bury isn't resolved soon ...

I exchanged some messages with Lowe last night. He wants to stay, but he wants this mess sorted out ASAP. I've resigned myself to the mess continuing for far longer than Ryan can afford to wait. Let's not forget, like the others, he's not been paid for 3 months too now and has a young family to support. He should really have been able to enjoy this summer - promotion with us, Liverpool in the Champs League Final, etc. yet all this hangs over him as much as it does us.

We have to remember that he would be a L1 manager and he wouldn’t have to worry about relocating his family.

I don’t blame him.

I don’t like the way though that Argyle seem to come across as a handy back up option.

I’m guessing why this is why the deadline for membership was extended.

Are Bury going to get themselves sorted in a matter of days? I wonder if he is being told stuff in belief they will.

It’s weird that everyone odds have lengthened and his has shortened considering the length this has dragged out. If he does come people will wonder about his commitment to Argyle and if he will be looking to get back North as soon as possible. It leaves some big question marks if he is appointed.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
If what MGM has said is correct and Hallett and the Board are aware of this, we should immediately inform Lowe that we are no longer interested in appointing him as his heart is clearly not in coming to Plymouth.

I was one of Adams’s biggest critics and lost faith in him well before the end of his first season. However, I never once doubted that he was 100% committed to Argyle and the same has to apply to whoever replaces him.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I guess we have set Lowe a deadline to decide whst he is doing IF he is the one we have chosen. I would also guess that will expire very soon.

Lowe wants to stay there I think, but he won't get any certainty to do that within our timeframe. He reportedly applied for the post and maybe others too so must be looking to protect himself and family. We know of nobody else who has been interviewed but I would expect at least 2 more will have been seen. So, who are our ",back up" options? One of them will also be waiting to know their fate

Lowe is either our preferred candidate by a distance or the next in line are also currently employed or have issues needing resolution before things can be finalised.

I was expecting us to bring an out of work manager to the club. I still expect a resolution by this time next week.

Mar 14, 2009
demportdave":bhsljn1w said:
If what MGM has said is correct and Hallett and the Board are aware of this, we should immediately inform Lowe that we are no longer interested in appointing him as his heart is clearly not in coming to Plymouth.

I was one of Adams’s biggest critics and lost faith in him well before the end of his first season. However, I never once doubted that he was 100% committed to Argyle and the same has to apply to whoever replaces him.

It’s just an opinion l have. Questions lm asking in my head, so to speak, as an Argyle fan.

The fact Lowe is seen with a local MP and they are talking about Bury says to me he must be keen to stay there.

Why would you go for a meeting like that otherwise!

Here we are wondering if he is interested in the job and he is meeting people in an effort to help save Bury.

On one hand if l was a Bury fan l would be delighted he cares that much. As an Argyle fan with a managerial appointment soon, it suggests to me where is heart and head is and lm not sure that’s good for us.

I was very excited if we appointed him. Now l have reservations because l question his desire to really be part of Argyle.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
What about if he hasn't been offered the job... He could be keeping his powder dry like everyone would... Not committing away from Bury till he's offered the job.
All Speculation again... God fun tho!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
He’s one of Bury’s best ever players over two spells, just managed them to promotion while players and staff haven’t been paid, and clearly cares a lot about a football club that could cease to exist any day now.

It is absolutely astonishing to me that could be a negative or a stick to beat him with. IF he has been offered the Argyle job, he has absolutely no reason to have his heart anywhere else than Greater Manchester until he’s sitting in the Home Park manager’s office.

I actually think that meeting the local MP in an effort to save Bury, speaks highly of his character and commitment to that football club and area in a time when we’re told people in football don’t care about anything other than their pay packets.

Of course, we also don’t know if he’s been offered the job at all or is still just a candidate, so this whole debate about whether he’s committed to Argyle (strange either way as he’s not our manager!) is based on not much at all.

Oct 7, 2017
Farnham, Surrey
Tricky situation for Lowe. As the manager he does have a responsibility in looking after his players welfare, and perhaps he does feel an obligation to stay at Bury to ensure his players & staff are getting the money they are owed.

He might want to, but can’t jump ship until the club’s future is sorted.

Wouldn’t like to be in his shoes

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think it’s time to look elsewhere. He wants to stay at Bury and he doesn’t want to relocate. He’s already terminated his contact early elsewhere, so let’s try to find someone who’s heart will be in it.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2x5msg49 said:
Ryan Lowe met a Bury MP yesterday to discuss Bury FC which suggests his focus is Bury.

Bury newspaper

Just to emphasise the line "there's a real risk of losing staff, players and even the manager.....by the time of the next judgement".

Jul 29, 2010
Kilgore Trout":29x1wugm said:
I'm beginning to feel that even if Lowe did decide to come here it would be because the Bury situation remained unresolved. As such his heart probably wouldn't be 100% in it and he could well move back north if an opportunity arose. I hope the board have recognised this and he is no longer our No 1 target (if indeed he ever was).
Yup, said as much a few days ago.

I don't want a manager for whom taking this appointment is anything other than his first choice.

We should be nobody's backstop.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
X Isle":if1sln6b said:
Kilgore Trout":if1sln6b said:

I don't want a manager for whom taking this appointment is anything other than his first choice.

Totally agree. If he doesn’t want it, move on. Shows how prudent the Board are on taking time to look at all options. We know our value, and we should hold out for someone who is inspired by the task in hand.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
X Isle":16jqs9su said:
Kilgore Trout":16jqs9su said:

Cough Holloway Cough

Aug 5, 2016
Rob73":1prtivgk said:
Tricky situation for Lowe. As the manager he does have a responsibility in looking after his players welfare, and perhaps he does feel an obligation to stay at Bury to ensure his players & staff are getting the money they are owed.

He might want to, but can’t jump ship until the club’s future is sorted.

Wouldn’t like to be in his shoes

Exactly. I don't see anything alarming in what Lowe is doing. Of course he has a bond with everyone up there, he is the only one left steering a rudderless ship. If he leaves for Plymouth, that is him being the first to desert leaving the rest to collapse Will the fans there remember him fondly for that? They will be devastated.

Did Peter Reid spend time having interviews elsewhere at normal clubs that weren't a basket case when our office staff were stressing over whether they could meet their mortgage payments? No he stuck by the club and did what he could. Most decent people would feel conflicted in Ryan Lowe's shoes. He probably never applied, been headhunted and invited to interview at possibly the worst time for him. It must be hard to leave a club when it is on its knees and its future so uncertain.

Jan 7, 2018
Hope the board forget him, I don't want him here.. I don't want anyone who's priority isn't Argyle. I want people who jump at the chance. If he still came because he has to as running low on cash and that's all its a no for me, and would certainly be starting on a negative

Status
Not open for further replies.