Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I get what we want from a manager. Long term improvement and progress.

However young up and coming managers may struggle with long term commitment both in terms and contract and relocation.

I think it’ll be difficult to attract lose to what we are looking at and maybe more suited for a middle career manager who is looking for stability and commitment.

Time will tell but I’m guessing it’s far more difficult aligning all the stars than some are lead to believe.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course it is Tuggers, it's the same for any recruitment.

The trick is to have a preferred options list amongst the selection criteria, so if you have to tick anything off, it's the least important according to the agreed (by the people that count) criteria.

I would put relocation high on the list, but the people that decide might put something else higher up the criterial level.

May 21, 2018
I could accept a gamble on a recent player (Tier 1 / Tier 2 experience and coaching badges) as manager or player - coach. There are also a number of successful Assistant Managers who would welcome being in charge -they make a career jump and we get up a league. PS why no women candidates?

May 21, 2018
I could accept a gamble on a recent player (Tier 1 / Tier 2 experience and coaching badges) as manager or player - coach. There are also a number of successful Assistant Managers who would welcome being in charge -they make a career jump and we get up a league. PS why no women candidates?

Jul 6, 2005
Lancastergreen":15op5fot said:
i think its important that everyone takes stock of the realism of Plymouth Argyle.
We can all argue that we are a sleeping giant and should be a catch for anyone but the reality is, we are a league two (division four) team, not such a catch i would say.
we have no desirable history and we are always between league, why would anyone who is anyone be jumping at joining us?
Finally, someone else with a more realistic approach.

We are not a sleeping giant and never have been and we have limited potential to develop as a club. We are nothing like as attractive an option to potential Managers as some people seem to think.

We are a League 2/League 3 yo-yo club and it is impossible to see us ever becoming an established Championship club again without massive backing from some sort of sugar daddy. It certainly isn’t going to come from a 1952 stand that will just look like a renovated 1952 stand, both inside and outside. It will bring in additional revenue for sure, but not anything like some people seem to think and certainly not enough to significantly improve our standing.

Those people who seem to think that we were going to be spoilt for choice with the new Manager are living in cloud cuckoo land. We can’t even attract a guy from one of the few clubs with less potential than Argyle, even though they haven’t paid him or his players for 3 months.

Our last Manager had been out of work for almost a year before he joined us and it’s likely the new man will come from a similar background.

All this talk about young Managers and long-term plans is nonsense, all we need is a guy who can get us out of this god-awful League as soon as possible, then we can worry about where we are going long-term. But without serious investment, we won’t be going anywhere much above mid-table League 1, regardless of who the Manager is.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":i4jaw7vn said:
It certainly isn’t going to come from a 1952 stand that will just look like a renovated 1952 stand, both inside and outside.

Sorry, but that’s a criminally ridiculous comment.

Simply isn’t true.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":1i5bd7pj said:
Lancastergreen":1i5bd7pj said:
i think its important that everyone takes stock of the realism of Plymouth Argyle.
We can all argue that we are a sleeping giant and should be a catch for anyone but the reality is, we are a league two (division four) team, not such a catch i would say.
we have no desirable history and we are always between league, why would anyone who is anyone be jumping at joining us?
Finally, someone else with a more realistic approach.

We are not a sleeping giant and never have been and we have limited potential to develop as a club. We are nothing like as attractive an option to potential Managers as some people seem to think.

We are a League 2/League 3 yo-yo club and it is impossible to see us ever becoming an established Championship club again without massive backing from some sort of sugar daddy. It certainly isn’t going to come from a 1952 stand that will just look like a renovated 1952 stand, both inside and outside. It will bring in additional revenue for sure, but not anything like some people seem to think and certainly not enough to significantly improve our standing.

Those people who seem to think that we were going to be spoilt for choice with the new Manager are living in cloud cuckoo land. We can’t even attract a guy from one of the few clubs with less potential than Argyle, even though they haven’t paid him or his players for 3 months.

Our last Manager had been out of work for almost a year before he joined us and it’s likely the new man will come from a similar background.

All this talk about young Managers and long-term plans is nonsense, all we need is a guy who can get us out of this god-awful League as soon as possible, then we can worry about where we are going long-term. But without serious investment, we won’t be going anywhere much above mid-table League 1, regardless of who the Manager is.

Yipes, now you've put it like that, what's the point anymore ? Anyone want my Season Tickets ? I'm off to watch the Raiders.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
BoscombeGreen":2srv9mv8 said:
PS why no women candidates?
Bloody hell, women in the club?

Imagine the car park first thing on a Monday morning.

rOkgJZK.jpg

Oct 31, 2015
Biggs":w4y67c1p said:
demportdave":w4y67c1p said:
It certainly isn’t going to come from a 1952 stand that will just look like a renovated 1952 stand, both inside and outside.

Simply isn’t true.

Agree. Totally stupid comment :facepalm:

Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":epsl6en1 said:
demportdave":epsl6en1 said:

Simply isn’t true.

Of course it’s going to look like a renovated 1952-built stand. What else is it going to look like?

Externally, the stand will have a new roof that is slightly bigger and there will be a lick of paint on the facade behind the inevitable advertising boards. There will be seats on the Mayflower Terrace again, as there was about 15 years ago for a few seasons, only this time there will be more empty ones. I suspect most returning fans of fellow League 2 clubs will just think that all we have done since they were last here 3 years ago is to put seats on the terrace. Despite all the money spent, the re-vamped Grandstand will still contain seats with a restricted view at the Barn Park End, rendering many of them virtually unusable. However, the viewing accommodation for our disabled supporters will have been significantly upgraded at long last.

Internally, there will be a large function room with a lot of pillars in it but with much-improved toilet and kitchen facilities. However, I doubt the people at Ashton Gate and Sandy Park are too concerned about the competition.

The two open corners will remain eyesores for many years to come. At the Barn Park End the stand will still not be complete after almost 70 years and at the Devonport End, we will still have a “temporary” floodlight pylon that would be an embarrassment at a South West Peninsula League ground.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
demportdave":1m6tzqpx said:
Biggs":1m6tzqpx said:
demportdave":1m6tzqpx said:

Simply isn’t true.

Of course it’s going to look like a renovated 1952-built stand. What else is it going to look like?

Externally, the stand will have a new roof that is slightly bigger and there will be a lick of paint on the facade behind the inevitable advertising boards. There will be seats on the Mayflower Terrace again, as there was about 15 years ago for a few seasons, only this time there will be more empty ones. I suspect most returning fans of fellow League 2 clubs will just think that all we have done since they were last here 3 years ago is to put seats on the terrace. Despite all the money spent, the re-vamped Grandstand will still contain seats with a restricted view at the Barn Park End, rendering many of them virtually unusable. However, the viewing accommodation for our disabled supporters will have been significantly upgraded at long last.

Internally, there will be a large function room with a lot of pillars in it but with much-improved toilet and kitchen facilities. However, I doubt the people at Ashton Gate and Sandy Park are too concerned about the competition.

The two open corners will remain eyesores for many years to come. At the Barn Park End the stand will still not be complete after almost 70 years and at the Devonport End, we will still have a “temporary” floodlight pylon that would be an embarrassment at a South West Peninsula League ground.
I really don’t understand why you bother to support the club. 9 years ago, we could have disappeared into oblivion.
Ok, we are back in the same league as we were at that time. We have had some good times since then and now, unfortunately, we are back in League 2.
I am still enjoying the journey, as I have for over 60 years, and I hope that we won’t stay in this league for too long but, if we do, I will still be buying my season ticket and continuing to support MY CLUB whilst my health enables me to do so.
If this hypothetical sugar daddy never arrives I can’t say that it will bother me. I will be quite happy for Simon Hallett to endeavour to do his level best to make us progress. I am very grateful to him for what he has done for us since he joined our Board as I am also grateful to James Brent for his commitment to rescuing us.
It is time for the critics who show no appreciation for those who are keeping us on an even keel to think about where we could have been without them.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":24g8vd0p said:
Biggs":24g8vd0p said:
demportdave":24g8vd0p said:

Simply isn’t true.

.......and ?

Top moaning there. Apart from the fact the new roof is a lot bigger and extends right out over the back of the Stand to cover the extension and they've removed some of the pillars in the corporate areas, a lot of what you say is accurate. However, as a lot of people believe that all that matters is what happens on the pitch, a extensivley renovated 1952 Grandstand shouldn't be an issue should it ?

New manager and hopefully some players soon, you can look forward to getting stuck into them then and the crap friendlies so far organised , should see a lot of us through to the new Season starting.

Then there's the new pitch and it's lack of width to look forward to. It's going to be manktastic !

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Slagging off the grandstand on a potential new manager thread?

Bit desperate :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.