Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
MannameadGreen":116cofv7 said:
There is a dark horse on the betting who isn't occupied with another club like Coughlan or Flynn, has ties with the Westcountry unlike Lowe, doesn't have the baggage of Holloway and isn't a twitter wind-up like Wake.

Welcome to Plymouth Argyle...Steve Cotterill?

Dear God, no thanks.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
My money is on harry redknapp

Feb 2, 2007
I love a mindless speculation thread as much as the next Discordian, but this is now getting too much.

Has Graham Westley's recent mini break to Newton Ferrer's been factored in?

Jul 29, 2010
Lancastergreen":2ton7xj3 said:
My money is on harry redknapp

I'm led to believe that possibility is now off. He spoke to his accountant about the financial package and his accountant gave an immediate "woof".

Jan 19, 2019
The Betting compilation is simply uninspiring. Sorry but it is. Like someone else said I hope that its no one on that list. Our Chairman did say he was surprised at the calibre of some applicants which I would hope means it is no one on that list.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenGoblin":44nd5zi9 said:
The Betting compilation is simply uninspiring. Sorry but it is. Like someone else said I hope that its no one on that list. Our Chairman did say he was surprised at the calibre of some applicants which I would hope means it is no one on that list.

Just out of interest, what sorts of names would you find inspiring?

Jan 19, 2019
The Doctor":3qi1xgwe said:
GreenGoblin":3qi1xgwe said:

The Cowley brothers, Markus Anfang, Alan Archibald, Sabri Lamouchi.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Doctor":lcj255vt said:
GreenGoblin":lcj255vt said:

Not the same old names, and not names who have failed multiple times in short-term jobs. I'm being slightly hypocritical and fickle because someone like Hasselbaink would have been an inspiring name after his Burton job, but not so much after QPR and Northampton.

Nathan Jones AND Derek Adams excited me last time, and Ryan Lowe looks like he's in the Jones mould with added actual managerial experience.

So basically three types of candidate appeal most to me...
1) assistants at good clubs with an attacking philosophy itching to be the main man (this was Nathan Jones, maybe Adam Sadler this time)
2) managers in a different country who've seen success and want a go in England (this was Adams, maybe someone like Markus Anfang or a lower league German/French manager this time)
3) coaches with recent success at a lower level playing attacking football (Lowe, maybe Tim Flowers*)

*Just read up a bit on Flowers and he's definitely not into passing, attacking football.

Jan 19, 2019
Biggs":1mip4glx said:
The Doctor":1mip4glx said:
GreenGoblin":1mip4glx said:

Not the same old names, and not names who have failed multiple times in short-term jobs. I'm being slightly hypocritical and fickle because someone like Hasselbaink would have been an inspiring name after his Burton job, but not so much after QPR and Northampton.

Nathan Jones AND Derek Adams excited me last time, and Ryan Lowe looks like he's in the Jones mould with added actual managerial experience.

So basically three types of candidate appeal most to me...
1) assistants at good clubs with an attacking philosophy itching to be the main man (this was Nathan Jones, maybe Adam Sadler this time)
2) managers in a different country who've seen success and want a go in England (this was Adams, maybe someone like Markus Anfang or a lower league German/French manager this time)
3) coaches with recent success at a lower level playing attacking football (Lowe, maybe Tim Flowers)

Oh we agree on Anfang....

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, I'd be stunned if a guy with a recent 58% win record at one of Germany's biggest clubs was interested in Argyle, but someone in that mould excites me.

P.s. German coaches aren't suggested because they're cool or trendy, they're suggested because they're damn good at what they do and many are experiencing success in England.

Jan 19, 2019
Biggs":1bqt0geo said:
Yep, I'd be stunned if a guy with a recent 58% win record at one of Germany's biggest clubs was interested in Argyle, but someone in that mould excites me.

P.s. German coaches aren't suggested because they're cool or trendy, they're suggested because they're damn good at what they do and many are experiencing success in England.

I would be too but why the hell not - shoot for the moon and all that.....

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
i think its important that everyone takes stock of the realism of Plymouth Argyle.
We can all argue that we are a sleeping giant and should be a catch for anyone but the reality is, we are a league two (division four) team, not such a catch i would say.
we have no desirable history and we are always between league, why would anyone who is anyone be jumping at joining us?

Status
Not open for further replies.