Lowe Ball | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe Ball

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Will be an interesting summer at PNE. Lowe definitely has a strained relationship with their fanbase but has done a decent job considering their budget. It's seemingly Lowe's mouth that gets him into bother, else their fans would probably overlook some of their weaknesses.

My gut feeling is Lowe won't be the PNE manager this time next year. Either they will make a bad start to next season and he will get the sack. Or if they start well I expect him to be in putting his name forward for other jobs to take advantage of his 'high stock'. Wouldn't surprise me to see him to take a league one job if theres a club investing big like Ipswich this season. Potentially Sheff Wed or Derby.

Reactions: The Doctor

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I’ve heard, from a pretty reliable source, that Preston’s budget this season was bottom 6/7, which would definitely tie in with what Lowe has been saying about Preston overachieving, I’m not particularly keen on him but he hasn’t done a bad job there.
Agreed, and I think that he now has a choice to make.

1) He can accept that he has a job as manager for a team with certain, relatively small, resources and then work to do the best possible job he can with them.

2) He can leave his job and try to find a new one at another club that feels that they can entrust greater financial backing to a man with his skills and experience.

What I don't think he can do is stay at Preston and continue to moan about the financial backing he receives. He's been there long enough to fully understand the club and to know the extent to which he can trust or not trust whatever he is told by his bosses. The problem that I think he has is that he has not really done anything at Preston to make himself stand out from other managers so I am not really sure why another Championship club would see him as a good catch. I think it's pretty much inevitable that at some point he will get the boot from Preston because whether they are backing him sufficiently or not they will want to be challenging for the play-offs and won't appreciate being called out on £ in the media. He may well then end up having to take a job at a League 1 or even League 2 club.