Lowe Ball | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe Ball

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
For want of nothing better to do on a Sunday morning (still waiting for the full match replay from yesterday to be posted on ArgyleTV ;) ) I thought I would have a wander around various Fans' Forums.

Always entertaining, but it was when I tried the PNE one that things became illuminating. Ryan Lowe does not appear to be 'flavour of the month' in the North West, to say the least. I have to say that if I had any issues of low self esteem (something that Ryan would be the last to suffer from) I would keep well away from fans' feedback. Some of the vitriol aimed at him is pretty blunt but one of the most painful was a description of him as a 'lower-league striker who could do but can't teach'. Ouch!

Methinks that the initial outcry on PASOTI when he 'walked' could very well now fall into the category of Argyle having 'dodged a bullet'.

It’s on Argyle TV

I think Lowe’s off-field actions are what is antagonising Preston fans. He promised front foot attacking football, which they’re clearly not delivering at home, coupled with his fist-thumping to the crowd after his early decent results, which they were clearly unimpressed with, viewing their fan-site posts.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I was speaking to 3 Preston fans on the train back from Lancaster to Preston this evening, who had been to watch Morecambe v Argyle. They did not go to Queens Park Rangers because of the train engineering works this weekend. The subject turned to Mr Lowe who they termed as Mr Soundbite or Captain Quotation! They reckoned that if he had a plan B then North End would be a shoo in for the play offs

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
To be fair only goal difference separates them from Millwall in 5th.
They could well make the top 6 now which would be quite an achievement.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Preston don’t have a top half budget so to be in with a shout of the play offs is pretty good going to be fair.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I think he's doing OK, but the Championship hasn't been strong this year.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if they did have a top half budget, judging by their squad.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
PNE have actually started to win a couple of home games. That might keep them quiet for a little while, but if they don't make the playoffs...!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
4-2.

Lowe red carded too.

As the game reached 90 minutes, it ignited. Allen and North End manager Lowe had a coming together which resulted in both men getting physical - sparking bedlam. Players and staff from both sides came together furiously in a fracas that lasted minutes, with referee Langford eventually getting some semblance of control back on proceedings and giving both Lowe and Allen their marching orders - the latter having already been subbed.

Last edited:

SMG

Oct 22, 2021

FuGxtYnWAAAIhST