LOSE TONIGHT AND SATURDAY FLETCHER WIL HAVE TO GO. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

LOSE TONIGHT AND SATURDAY FLETCHER WIL HAVE TO GO.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
TinTin":1kdjkp4v said:
Chaps - have you considered the outcome of losing tonight and Fletch remaining ?

Just a question.....

Keep the Faith :scarf:

I'll be so worried if that did hapen, not surpised thou but utterlly utterly worried.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve.PAFC2012":3e0lr7ik said:
GreenSam":3e0lr7ik said:
I think he'll be gone within 24 hours, win lose or draw.
Would be odd seeing if we win and he's sacked where as we could have done it after many defeats before this game

A manager isn't sacked because of one bad game though he is sacked if he isn't doing a good enough all-round job. From recent form it is clear Fletch isn't up to the task of delivering on his performance objective in terms of league position this season. I think or rather hope that the only reason Fletch is still in the job after yet another defeat on Saturday is because we didn't have the time or the ability to sack him between two games just days apart with the team and manager were staying up north between games.

Steve Evans":1u0nvx6y said:
Leigh Rapson":1u0nvx6y said:
Never ever want us to lose. But if we should do so tonight it surely has to spell the end of Fletcher"s tenure? I can't imagine anything less than a win could save him.

That said and we win its just papering over the cracks!

Wotton as caretaker Saturday?
i have total respect for wotton as a player but he is too young to manage us at the moment.could be interesting what's not happening at leeds at the moment with our erstwhile manager struggling a bit up there.come back "home" neil and kick butt

I think it would be one game only tbh.

Not like purse would be a good choice after Saturday!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":3vvx84ih said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3vvx84ih said:
GreenSam":3vvx84ih said:
I think he'll be gone within 24 hours, win lose or draw.
Would be odd seeing if we win and he's sacked where as we could have done it after many defeats before this game

A manager isn't sacked because of one bad game though he is sacked if he isn't doing a good enough all-round job. From recent form it is clear Fletch isn't up to the task of delivering on his performance objective in terms of league position this season. I think or rather hope that the only reason Fletch is still in the job after yet another defeat on Saturday is because we didn't have the time or the ability to sack him between two games just days apart with the team and manager were staying up north between games.
I think this is about right. The job has proved to be bad over a number of weeks/months. I think that Saturday was the tipping point but it'd distrupt preperations too badly to make the change midweek especially as Darren Purse (a potential caretaker) would be unavailable as had to go back to Northampton for family reasons (according to Rupert I think). Other potential caretakers such as Wotton for example probably didn't travel. That's why I think he'll be gone tomorrow regardless of tonight.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Total respect to those who made the trip tonight. :nworthy:
We desperately need a change of manager and I hope to hear the news tomorrow. There is no way I can EVER want a defeat for my beloved team though. I'm sure we'll lose tonight but i'll keep my fingers crossed.

IF it did happen - it would be unlikely that we get the "real deal" - i.e. an individual who excels both in man management and coaching/tactics :whistle:

The Wotton/Hodges partnership is interesting - the former for man management, the latter for coaching/tactics.

Could it work ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 23, 2012
I don't care who's the manager I will back argyle to win everytime,and quite frankly I want fletch out even with a win....

C

Connor Clarke

No way will Fletch keep his job if we lose tonight. He's fighting to save his job tonight- Will the players respond?

Respect to the fans who have made the trek up to Bradford tonight.

Sep 20, 2003
Leigh Rapson":y02q6exc said:
Steve Evans":y02q6exc said:
Leigh Rapson":y02q6exc said:
Never ever want us to lose. But if we should do so tonight it surely has to spell the end of Fletcher"s tenure? I can't imagine anything less than a win could save him.

i have total respect for wotton as a player but he is too young to manage us at the moment.could be interesting what's not happening at leeds at the moment with our erstwhile manager struggling a bit up there.come back "home" neil and kick butt

Darren has more coaching badges than Fletch.

Saturday wasn't good for Darren however if it's passion you want he has it in bucket loads.

Sep 28, 2011
Wozzer":1vnswm4s said:
Leigh Rapson":1vnswm4s said:
Steve Evans":1vnswm4s said:
Leigh Rapson":1vnswm4s said:

Darren has more coaching badges than Fletch.

Saturday wasn't good for Darren however if it's passion you want he has it in bucket loads.
agree but. If that happened and we're still no better off in January then we stand to look right dipsticks(as a club) if we weren't already

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Leigh Rapson":35nxh1k9 said:

IMO sooner see fletcher stay than let Wotton near the reigns.
I do remain however in the fletcher out camp.

Sep 28, 2003
London
If Fletcher does go tonight or tomorrow, then I think Wotton in charge for Saturday is an absolute cert, there's no one else.

He won't get the job FT though, Sextone is surely savvy enough to realise how badly we need some experience in there.