Looking Ahead to Gillingham | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Looking Ahead to Gillingham

Dec 2, 2010
I was at the Gills v Rotherham game tonight, on this showing I'd fancy Argyle to pick up 6 points. Gills are devoid of much creativity and long ball merchants, Rotherham are built on a strong defence and get in some decent crosses but not a lot else.

The Brian Moore stand was completely empty and the 160 Rotherham fans were accommodated in the adjacent stand. I spoke with someone from the club and they know they could face a large travelling contingent. Apparently the initial allocation of 1,500 can be increased to about 2,500. Given we had over 3,000 at Charlton that may not be enough, but I imagine some fans will wait and see what happens over the next two games. Plus given it's 5 30 pm on a BH weekend they feel that it will be more than adequate.

They're not 100% safe themselves yet, so this game could have a lot riding on it, but there were under 4,000 home fans this evening.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pilgrim61":21cbfo8w said:
I was at the Gills v Rotherham game tonight, on this showing I'd fancy Argyle to pick up 6 points. Gills are devoid of much creativity and long ball merchants, Rotherham are built on a strong defence and get in some decent crosses but not a lot else.

The Brian Moore stand was completely empty and the 160 Rotherham fans were accommodated in the adjacent stand. I spoke with someone from the club and they know they could face a large travelling contingent. Apparently the initial allocation of 1,500 can be increased to about 2,500. Given we had over 3,000 at Charlton that may not be enough, but I imagine some fans will wait and see what happens over the next two games. Plus given it's 5 30 pm on a BH weekend they feel that it will be more than adequate.

They're not 100% safe themselves yet, so this game could have a lot riding on it, but there were under 4,000 home fans this evening.

Thanks. That's good info. :thumbs:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
PL2 3DQ":3fbbe9i6 said:
Pilgrim61":3fbbe9i6 said:

Thanks. That's good info. :thumbs:
Indeed. Nothing beats information straight from the Invicta's mouth!!

Dec 2, 2010
For the group of 12 we've got going we've got about half the tickets so far. Spoke to the ticket office this morning and they're still expecting to be on general sale on Monday...hope so... otherwise half the lads will be staying in the pub!

Dec 2, 2010
Tickets now on general sale. Got the rest of ours this morning.

I really hope the Green Army turn out in force for this one, regardless of the next three games. If we're already confirmed in play-offs, need a result, or out of it - this season has been a success in the face of adversity.

GREEN ARMY!

H

HorshamSeagulls

Alan Turing":2d1h3ugl said:
I’m staying with family in Margate for a few days. What’s parking like around the ground?

When we played at Gillingham the dark days for the Albion there was plenty of off street parking I don't know if that has changed

Apr 6, 2009
since saturdays result i can see ticket sales slowing down but i reaslly hope we sell out. regardless of if we finish out of the play offs we have acheived a lot this season

Dec 2, 2010
It's quite possible that both teams will be going into that game needing a result, but I think Gills will be safe. They've won 4 home games all season, so there aren't really any better last day fixtures we could have.

Not long ago this fixture looked likely to be a relegation decider, so shows how far we have come....and in a season where there have been more management challenges than most!