Line up and score vs Northampton (match thread) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Line up and score vs Northampton (match thread)

Apr 5, 2008
The Dandy Highwayman":d3qcnjpt said:
Good evening gentlemen. Cobblers fan calling. Thank you for your assistance, in our attempt to stay up this season. If its not too much to ask, can you do us another favour, and shaft Rochdale on Tuesday?
Good turn out from you lads today, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Don’t rely on us ,especially after that performance.

How have Town been so rubbish all season yet play out of their skins today.Too little too late I think.

Your players need to answer a lot of question about why that is.

Jan 1, 2013
moles40":6c76bqgj said:
The Dandy Highwayman":6c76bqgj said:
Good evening gentlemen. Cobblers fan calling. Thank you for your assistance, in our attempt to stay up this season. If its not too much to ask, can you do us another favour, and shaft Rochdale on Tuesday?
Good turn out from you lads today, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Don’t rely on us ,especially after that performance.

How have Town been so rubbish all season yet play out of their skins today.Too little too late I think.

Your players need to answer a lot of question about why that is.
I fully agree with you, that it may be too late. Only with regard to the fact that Hasselbaink should have been sacked weeks ago. He constantly played players out of position, continually rotated the team, displayed a total air of arrogance, and a complete disdain towards the fans.
My apologies if this sounds like a rant, that is not my intention. The problem lies not with the players, but the negative system they previously were asked to employ. JFH, was another one in the line of "great player, poo manager". Think Tony Adams, Gary Neville, Zola, just recently. Come on lads, just shaft Rochdale. You can do it.
Cheers.

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Dreamgreen":3ude09vv said:
I think we all wished we'd gone to your Mum's birthday. Cake, balloons , happiness ....
Loved this - really made me laugh.....

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":3kwda5nm said:
Balham_Green":3kwda5nm said:
X Isle":3kwda5nm said:
Well I don't think it matters who plays, this has all the tell tale bucket of banana skin omens for being one of them there 'typical Argo' results.

I don't predict defeats for Argyle every week, I just do it on the games where history tells us we fall flat on our faces. So don't please lump me in with Sam and Balham... although I will style it thus...

#defeatnailedon :lol:

NB - I will be highly delighted to be wrong because using my logarithmic method this game will be tougher to win than Posh and Pompey.
Same old argument. So how many lowly teams have we lost to this season?
Without indulging your desire to make me research old results I will give you just one recent example...

...Northampton :whistle:

Folk can deny 'typical Argo' until the cows come home but it is very real and very predictable. Today is just the latest in a long line of epic fails that go back generations.

So basicallyou you had zero examples until today. Congratulations on being right for once.

Jul 12, 2016
Moles40, I say what I think and whilst I accept we had a great purple patch which I praised at the time ,the past few games have been lack lustre and similar to last season when we struggled in the final few games.We cannot stop injuries but DA has had a week to reorganise the team through the absence of Taylor.By all accounts we didn't turn up today and I cannot understand how professional footballers can lack motivation with so much at stake. To lose a game when you give 100% is one thing but to surrender the points like we have recently is IMO unacceptable regardless of our previous form.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
samjones":2nvaiyha said:
Writing has been on the wall for a while. Performances were declining but somehow we managed to ride our luck and get some lucky results.
Normal service has now resumed and will continue to do so for the run in

Can't say I'm surprised or disappointed TBH as we should finish above my 16th prediction

#CASHOUTMANIA

Why, are you offering Cash Out, Sam?

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":32y2zlx9 said:
Moles40, I say what I think and whilst I accept we had a great purple patch which I praised at the time ,the past few games have been lack lustre and similar to last season when we struggled in the final few games.We cannot stop injuries but DA has had a week to reorganise the team through the absence of Taylor.By all accounts we didn't turn up today and I cannot understand how professional footballers can lack motivation with so much at stake. To lose a game when you give 100% is one thing but to surrender the points like we have recently is IMO unacceptable regardless of our previous form.

So you weren't there but can state we lacked motivation?

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Ray_Stidwell":35pv78nz said:
samjones":35pv78nz said:
Writing has been on the wall for a while. Performances were declining but somehow we managed to ride our luck and get some lucky results.
Normal service has now resumed and will continue to do so for the run in

Can't say I'm surprised or disappointed TBH as we should finish above my 16th prediction

#CASHOUTMANIA

Why, Are you offering Cash Out, Sam?

Aug 13, 2011
Whatever happens in the next few games we've had a terrific turn around in fortunes this season. The stark reality is that's happened despite us having a squad of only wafer thin cover in attacking areas . It would be nice to beat Dale and keep the play offs alive. To do that I very firmly believe we need a striker leading the line.and Moses or Sarcy back passing it well. We desperately need Taylor back to have a prayer in the run in. Not a Grant basher as such but he's got to make way and be back on the bench. He's not contributing to this injury crisis. Carey and Lameiras only function when we are already on the move in the opposition half, If we can't stay up there they don't function. That's as obvious as Grant isn't the answer as a holding striker. Never has been, never will be. I would have risked Fletcher in the two games Taylor has been out, nothing to lose, valuable experience for the youngster, also the fearlessness of youth can help in these situations. I think that was a better option than playing Grant out of position. Couldn't see the benefit there especially as he's so short. The result has been proved of course, no benefit playing him there.......?? . So let's hope and pray absentees can make it back for Tuesday.. If we get our framework back in place we still have a chance here. Otherwise, no. But still a memorable season.

Jul 29, 2010
Balham_Green":x9nmygej said:
X Isle":x9nmygej said:
Balham_Green":x9nmygej said:
X Isle":x9nmygej said:
Well I don't think it matters who plays, this has all the tell tale bucket of banana skin omens for being one of them there 'typical Argo' results.

I don't predict defeats for Argyle every week, I just do it on the games where history tells us we fall flat on our faces. So don't please lump me in with Sam and Balham... although I will style it thus...

NB - I will be highly delighted to be wrong because using my logarithmic method this game will be tougher to win than Posh and Pompey.
Without indulging your desire to make me research old results I will give you just one recent example...

Folk can deny 'typical Argo' until the cows come home but it is very real and very predictable. Today is just the latest in a long line of epic fails that go back generations.
So basicallyou you had zero examples until today. Congratulations on being right for once.
I will not dance to the beat of your drum fella, that's all. It's as simple as that.

History is strewn with examples, you know that, you just choose a stubborn pretence of denial. That is your problem, not mine.

Everyone to a greater or lesser degree recognises Argyle's capacity to defy expectations... lose when we're strongly expected to win, win when we're strongly expected to lose. It is as real as the earth is round... but then presumably you are a flat earth society sort of guy :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":2j7vec89 said:
Balham_Green":2j7vec89 said:
Balham_Green":2j7vec89 said:

I will not dance to the beat of your drum fella, that's all. It's as simple as that.

History is strewn with examples, you know that, you just choose a stubborn pretence of denial. That is your problem, not mine.

Everyone to a greater or lesser degree recognises Argyle's capacity to defy expectations... lose when we're strongly expected to win, win when we're strongly expected to lose. It is as real as the earth is round... but then presumably you are a flat earth society sort of guy :lol:

Actually it's called football. That's why we love it. Totally unpredictable. Not unique to Argyle. For a Brexiter to talk about the flat earth society - you couldn't make it up!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Before you ask, I've moved the Brexit political nonsense to Opinions.

Jul 12, 2016
BG, don't need to be at the match.If the team didn't turn up with so much at stake I would say they were not motivated unlike Northampton who tried and won against the odds.Having supported Argyle for over 50 years this is no longer a surprise,we always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.