Line up and score vs Northampton (match thread) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Line up and score vs Northampton (match thread)

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Still very much in our own hands, if their was a game too lose it was today.
Win on Tuesday night hopefully with Taylor and Sarc back in and everything will look very much better. I would prefer we finish 6 th and play Shrewsbury in the play offs.

Aug 13, 2011
Didn't see the game as my Mums 80th but tend to agree the players let themselves down the Manager down and the fans down if we were as poor as described. Northampton are likely to still go down. We should have imposed our class on the game not let them batter us. That is pathetic given the respective league positions and apparent push for the play offs. An unusually bad day at the office for all concerned. Taylor's absence seems to be irreparable. We must just move on and put it right on Tuesday. Seems Taylor just has to get fit or play the lad Fletcher.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Firmly believe the players want to go up and have produced huge effort to get to this stage. Also firmly believe without Taylor we struggle and unfortunately Blissett, Ciftci, Church or Fletcher weren’t or aren’t the answer. It has been a rollercoaster of a season and enjoyable to watch Carey and Lameiras in full flow, it isn’t over yet!

Oct 20, 2015
Count me in for the 80th party. I can drown my sorrows.

No confidence or communication out there today. We had nothing to threaten Cobblers with - Grant was ineffectual. Fletch came on but I didn't see him touch the ball.

I was praying that Paton would get subbed and Sarce would replace him and lo and behold it happened. But it made f___ all difference.

I love having Carey on our team but he made at least three dives on receiving the ball in the hope of winning a free kick; I don't know whether to be cross at his attempted deception or pleased that he saw the only way to salvage anything from the game was from a free kick.

DA and players came to applaud GA but there didn't seem much interest in returning the complement. Worst I've seen Argyle play in at least 2 seasons - maybe comparing to the failed playoff final. Woeful.

DA has some difficult questions to answer and I'm glad I cashed out my top 6 bet a couple of weeks ago. #bottlers

Jul 12, 2016
The season is all but over. We will finish this season as we began with a whimper.Most will say we did remarkably well to stay in league one but with just a little more effort it could have been so much more.Obviously Taylors absence has coincided with our poor form but it will be interesting to see how Rochdale perform without their star man Henderson on Tuesday.Argyle do not want promotion this season.

Jan 27, 2012
Take a risk- Play either Vyner, Songo'o or Bradley as a physical centre froward and try to win the next 4 matches.

Aug 13, 2011
Thanx. I even tried not to be miserable over Argyle's news!! I'm sure Derek will have had some words and we'll be better on Tuesday.Our last 0-2 away hiccup was followed by another good run.

Aug 13, 2011
gaspargomez":1qzh6dxm said:
Take a risk- Play either Vyner, Songo'o or Bradley as a physical centre froward and try to win the next 4 matches.
Is there something wrong with Fletcher though. Surely if he's a centre forward he should be up there, young or not? He scored a lovely flick header at the near post early in the season. Anyway I'm hoping against hope Taylor is back fit.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
gariboldi":10r2k7zm said:
gaspargomez":10r2k7zm said:
Is there something wrong with Fletcher though. Surely if he's a centre forward he should be up there, young or not? He scored a lovely flick header at the near post early in the season. Anyway I'm hoping against hope Taylor is back fit.

Our team plays well working off a target man. Fletcher is not a target man and I think that’s the point being made.

Apr 5, 2008
oldage":22ft7f50 said:
The season is all but over. We will finish this season as we began with a whimper.Most will say we did remarkably well to stay in league one but with just a little more effort it could have been so much more.Obviously Taylors absence has coincided with our poor form but it will be interesting to see how Rochdale perform without their star man Henderson on Tuesday.Argyle do not want promotion this season.

I thought their were 4 games left,you obviously know better then

Put your money on Argyle losing every game from now on if your so confident of that!

What do you mean little more effort exactly,can you remind everyone where we were four months ago.

I swear people just come and troll when we suffer a defeat.

Jan 1, 2013
Good evening gentlemen. Cobblers fan calling. Thank you for your assistance, in our attempt to stay up this season. If its not too much to ask, can you do us another favour, and shaft Rochdale on Tuesday?
Good turn out from you lads today, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Oct 20, 2015
I'd like to say the pleasure was ours but it wasn't. We were terrible today, no question the better team won. Think you'll stay up this season off the back of that. Met some friendly fans there too, got to say Sixfields is quite a 'user friendly' stadium.

Jul 29, 2010
Balham_Green":1tsuhed5 said:
X Isle":1tsuhed5 said:
Well I don't think it matters who plays, this has all the tell tale bucket of banana skin omens for being one of them there 'typical Argo' results.

I don't predict defeats for Argyle every week, I just do it on the games where history tells us we fall flat on our faces. So don't please lump me in with Sam and Balham... although I will style it thus...

#defeatnailedon :lol:

NB - I will be highly delighted to be wrong because using my logarithmic method this game will be tougher to win than Posh and Pompey.
Same old argument. So how many lowly teams have we lost to this season?
Without indulging your desire to make me research old results I will give you just one recent example...

...Northampton :whistle:

Folk can deny 'typical Argo' until the cows come home but it is very real and very predictable. Today is just the latest in a long line of epic fails that go back generations.