Leeds United v Argyle - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leeds United v Argyle - the build up

Who will win?

• Argyle

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Leeds United

Votes: 70 36.6%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 88 46.1%

• Total voters
Apr 5, 2008
Worth a punt on us at around 9/1 Leeds aren't as good as their fans make out, deluded or what.

Would love to smash them at their place

Great to get our first away win of the season on Saturday

Leeds 2 Argyle 3 and the Elland Road faithful walk out stunned 🤣

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
The amount of surrender monkeys commenting here ........ this has all the hallmarks of a 0-1 win after defending for most of the game and looking awful until Scarr gets his head on one from the only corner we win all game.

Stranger things have happened!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Worth a punt on us at around 9/1 Leeds aren't as good as their fans make out, deluded or what.

I share your hope for a victory and would love to see your final sentence come to fruition. But why would you describe the fans of a club third in the league as "deluded or what", especially after they've just been to the runaway leaders and won and won well? And let's not forget that on the opening day they also beat the only other team above them.

Reactions: Said old Green

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Watching Leicester v Leeds last Friday night- seeing how they go about their business with the efficiency of a well oiled cohesive machine fills me with dread
The pace through the team on turn overs is scary to say the lease
Saturday's game will be all about counteracting what Leeds throw at us
They had a goal fest against Huddersfield in their last home game
My hope is that if we do concede early we do not go into our shell & spend 90 plus minutes chasing our tail as Leeds look to score more goals
Out of all the teams we have so far faced Leeds will be the ultimate test to see how far we have come this season
Schuey will be up for it, the boys will be up for it

Jan 6, 2004
Watching Leicester v Leeds last Friday night- seeing how they go about their business with the efficiency of a well oiled cohesive machine fills me with dread
The pace through the team on turn overs is scary to say the lease
Saturday's game will be all about counteracting what Leeds throw at us
They had a goal fest against Huddersfield in their last home game
My hope is that if we do concede early we do not go into our shell & spend 90 plus minutes chasing our tail as Leeds look to score more goals
Out of all the teams we have so far faced Leeds will be the ultimate test to see how far we have come this season
Schuey will be up for it, the boys will be up for it
We need to go for it, if we get thrashed we get thrashed, but if we dont play our normal game and do what we do best we will get beat anyway. I am pretty confident that is what Schuey will think also.

Reactions: saxman
“They had a goal fest against Huddersfield in their last home game”

Yes, they beat Huddersfield 4-1.
We beat Huddersfield 3-1, not exactly a world of difference.

They beat Norwich 3-2.
We beat Norwich 6-2.
They ‘only’ beat QPR 1-0.

And we’ve scored more goals than them.

So there are reasons for optimism, it’ll be tough, of course it will, but let’s go there with positivity and some faith.

GREEN ARMY!

Feb 26, 2022
“They had a goal fest against Huddersfield in their last home game”

Yes, they beat Huddersfield 4-1.
We beat Huddersfield 3-1, not exactly a world of difference.

They beat Norwich 3-2.
We beat Norwich 6-2.
They ‘only’ beat QPR 1-0.

And we’ve scored more goals than them.

So there are reasons for optimism, it’ll be tough, of course it will, but let’s go there with positivity and some faith.

GREEN ARMY!
That is the way to look at it - well done. Far too many negative words on this thread in my opinion. Some poster seem `scared` even `terrified` Come on everyone - give the team ,manager and staff better clear support . Too much talk about losing - lets hope the players think differently !

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston

You clearly didn’t watch the Leicester v Leeds match. Different level.
We’ve not won away this season!
To get anything from this Leeds will have to underestimate us and we will have to: a) take any chances we get and b) defend better than we have all season!
Saying that, football is a funny old game! 🤞💚

Reactions: Said old Green
Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Occasionally, in all sport a hot favourite fails to deliver. Let's hope Saturday is one of those occasions and the boys in Green play out of their skins and upset the Leeds applecart ....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Both plastic games, this is the league and one of the best in the world.

I'm sure we'll give it a good go.