Leeds United v Argyle - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leeds United v Argyle - the build up

Who will win?

• Argyle

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Leeds United

Votes: 70 36.6%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 88 46.1%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Leeds United
Official website
Elland Road ground guide
Marching On Together fans forum
Twitter X
Latest news

The countdown to Leeds United

Check out car parking around Elland Road with our partners ... Just Park.

Friday

Pre-match press conference ... Argyle TV.

Morgan Whittaker looks ahead to the game ... club website.

Daniel Farke - "We have to be on it" ... LU club website.

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton predicts a 3-1 defeat for Argyle ... Leeds News.

Match thread on Leeds fans forum ... Marching On Together.

Thursday

They played for both ... LU club website.

Leeds injury news ... Leeds Live.

Leeds manager Daniel Farke pre-match press conference ... You Tube video.

According to Sky Bet Leeds are clear favourites to win at 1/4, a win for the Greens has odds of 9/1 while the draw is on offer at 21/4.

The Transfermarkt website gives a value of £204.90 million for the Leeds squad; the Argyle squad is valued at £22.48 million.

The 640 miles round trip to Leeds is the fifth longest journey of the season.

Wednesday

Tickets for Argyle fans are sold out, ticket collection details ... club website.

Referee
The man in the middle is Select Group 2 referee Josh Smith, age 31, who has also officiated in the Premier League this season. So far he has issued 57 yellow cards and three reds in 15 games.
He will be assisted at Elland Road by James Mainwaring and Natalie Aspinall while the fourth official is Scott Tallis.

They played for both
Ian Baird, Jim Beglin, Dexter Blackstock, Alan Peacock, Tony Capaldi, Lee Chapman, Paul Connolly, Shane Lowry, David Norris, Enoch Showunmi, Graham Stack, Peter Swan, Simon Walton. Any more?

Leeds United tactical analysis Whoscored.com
Strengths
Counter attacks.
Coming back from losing positions.
Defending set pieces.
Creating scoring chances.
Attacking set pieces.
Attacking down the wings.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Protecting the lead.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Weaknesses
Avoiding offside.
Avoiding individual errors.
Style of play
Attempt through balls often.
Short passes.
Possession football.
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Attack through the middle.
Attacking down the left.
Non-aggressive.

Leeds recent league results
03/11/23: W Leicester 0 -1 Leeds.
28/10/23: W Leeds 4 – 1 Huddersfield.
25/10/23: L Stoke 1 – 0 Leeds.
21/10/23: W Norwich 2 – 3 Leeds.
07/10/23: W Leeds 2 – 1 Bristol C.
04/10/23: W Leeds 1 – 0 QPR.

Last edited:
Reactions: pafc jack
Sep 7, 2006
London
Not confident. They've got top players, are on a run, and we can't defend for 90 mins nor put together a win away. Could see a three one loss.

I'm sitting in the home end for the first time since Arsenal in the cup, gonna be awful.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I have a senior ticket available for this one as I can no longer attend :sick:.

PM me if interested, don't want anything for it, just a contribution to Pasoti good causes or a donation to GC wifes cancer treatment.

HaroldPWH

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
With an expected attendance of circa 36,000 - must be the biggest attendance for a normal league (ignoring play offs) game involving Argyle for quite some time.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Free hit, go all out to get something like we did vs Ipswich. We’ve played better players vs Chelsea and Palace in last 2 years and been in those games. While they will threaten us with a bit of skill and pace , I fancy us to surprise and cause them problems. They’re forum is relaxed looking at 3-1 or 4-0 wins. Time to be the surprise underdogs here. We are over 9-1 to win, I’m putting a fiver on.

Apr 27, 2019
36k-anyone know what percentage of gate receipts we get as away team-championship crowds should increase our turnover this season giving us more income

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
36k-anyone know what percentage of gate receipts we get as away team-championship crowds should increase our turnover this season giving us more income

None, although I think away clubs get about 10% from the tickets they sell to their fans.

Jan 6, 2004
Free hit, go all out to get something like we did vs Ipswich. We’ve played better players vs Chelsea and Palace in last 2 years and been in those games. While they will threaten us with a bit of skill and pace , I fancy us to surprise and cause them problems. They’re forum is relaxed looking at 3-1 or 4-0 wins. Time to be the surprise underdogs here. We are over 9-1 to win, I’m putting a fiver on.
I agree. We have nothing to lose on this game, may as well play to our strengths and go for it, we play better against teams that come at us as Leeds will because our counter attack is one of the best in the league. Expecting a high scoring one. We will probably be on the wrong end of it, but should be fun.

Reactions: Bil
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I would be astounded if we do not conceded 3 or more goals.

Likewise. My only hope is that Leeds are very capable of self destruction.

Cooper, KKH, Pleggy, Gibson, Mumba, Houghton, Randell, Azaz, Whittaker, Cundle, Waine.

I think we need pace at full back vs Leeds wingers, so Mumba to drop to LB for me rather than Joe playing. Pleggy in for Scarr for additional pace and aggression in the back line. Cundle moving into a wide role to cover Mumba. Not sure C Wright is sharp enough yet for Leeds intense pressing in this one.

Reactions: Emu and HaroldPWH

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Play the game- not the occasion
Leeds put 4 past Huddersfield in the 1st half of their last home game - if we concede early doors it will be a rather long afternoon
The Leeds cauldron will be boiling & we just have to be on our game from kick off

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Nobby