Leaving early | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leaving early

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
MarkMatthews":318uxp3g said:
Ollieargyle9":318uxp3g said:
This topic rears its head every so often. As others have said if people wish to leave early then that's their business not anyone else's. Why some on here feel they are owed an explanation on why others leave early strikes me as a bit odd really. We all have our own circumstances and as much as it can feel like it at times, life doesn't always revolve around Argyle.

If we're talking about people standing along the bottom of the stand to beat the traffic without actually leaving then that's a whole other matter. Personally I try to find a vacated seat at the bottom near the end if I've got to get out quick. I don't doubt it's not nice for people at the bottom when others stand in the way, especially as a lot of the people at the front are disabled fans who have to sit. I do think more could therefore be done by stewards to ensure people are actually leaving, not just standing at the front. Equally stewards could be directing leavers towards their closest exit to reduce the traffic flow at the bottom of the stand.

Thing is we've all paid our money so we should all be able to watch as much of the game as we want to.

I agree with the sentiment of most of your post, however feel it unfair on stewards, if (and when they have,) challenged people, people will spend 5 mins arguing with them, standing where they shouldn’t out of stubbornness, by the time the stewards get back up, the game is over anyway. Even if they did have time and resources, it would escalate to forceful ejections/bans and there would be uproar over that. This is an instance of them being damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Agreed, it's not an easy one for sure.

Perhaps stewards don't enforce it overly strictly, just remind loiterers to consider other fans on their way out. That said I know what you mean, it will inevitably create stand offs between fans and stewards that would do more harm than good.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
But why waste your time watching the previous 88 minutes? If you want to be well away from HP by 5.00 the best bet is not to go in the first place!! :lol:

Go see an Agatha Christie film!
' .... and the murderer is .... ' - Come on love, let's go ... beat the rush!! :lol:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Ollieargyle9":1rxiu7y6 said:
MarkMatthews":1rxiu7y6 said:
Ollieargyle9":1rxiu7y6 said:
This topic rears its head every so often. As others have said if people wish to leave early then that's their business not anyone else's. Why some on here feel they are owed an explanation on why others leave early strikes me as a bit odd really. We all have our own circumstances and as much as it can feel like it at times, life doesn't always revolve around Argyle.

If we're talking about people standing along the bottom of the stand to beat the traffic without actually leaving then that's a whole other matter. Personally I try to find a vacated seat at the bottom near the end if I've got to get out quick. I don't doubt it's not nice for people at the bottom when others stand in the way, especially as a lot of the people at the front are disabled fans who have to sit. I do think more could therefore be done by stewards to ensure people are actually leaving, not just standing at the front. Equally stewards could be directing leavers towards their closest exit to reduce the traffic flow at the bottom of the stand.

Thing is we've all paid our money so we should all be able to watch as much of the game as we want to.

I agree with the sentiment of most of your post, however feel it unfair on stewards, if (and when they have,) challenged people, people will spend 5 mins arguing with them, standing where they shouldn’t out of stubbornness, by the time the stewards get back up, the game is over anyway. Even if they did have time and resources, it would escalate to forceful ejections/bans and there would be uproar over that. This is an instance of them being damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Perhaps stewards don't enforce it overly strictly, just remind loiterers to consider other fans on their way out. That said I know what you mean, it will inevitably create stand offs between fans and stewards that would do more harm than good.

I've long thought they could easily sort the problem of selfish people traversing the length of the Lyndhurst to leave by simply putting chains across the far side of the exits to stop people walking past them (can someone with a better logistical mind than mine tell me why that'd be a problem..?).

Sitting in the Devonport corner can be an absolute nightmare to get out as people insist on walking down the entire length of the side of the pitch and blocking the bottom of the stairs - if there was ever an emergency up there we'd all be screwed.

If you want to leave in whatever minute of the game you like, go for it. But actually leave, if you do - stop spoiling other's peoples' experience.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Andy Holland":287jv8aw said:
Ollieargyle9":287jv8aw said:
MarkMatthews":287jv8aw said:
Ollieargyle9":287jv8aw said:

I've long thought they could easily sort the problem of selfish people traversing the length of the Lyndhurst to leave by simply putting chains across the far side of the exits to stop people walking past them (can someone with a better logistical mind than mine tell me why that'd be a problem..?).

Sitting in the Devonport corner can be an absolute nightmare to get out as people insist on walking down the entire length of the side of the pitch and blocking the bottom of the stairs - if there was ever an emergency up there we'd all be screwed.

If you want to leave in whatever minute of the game you like, go for it. But actually leave, if you do - stop spoiling other's peoples' experience.

Wouldn't we all be screwed even more if there were chains across the far side of all the exits? ;) :lol:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Not if they were making people actually leave the through exits and not block them like they currently do :thumbup:

No exaggeration, it takes over ten minutes to get from my seat to the bottom of the steps - due to people traversing the entire length of the pitch to leave at the Devonport End. To those people, a message - stop being such selfish a*seholes and leave the bloody ground.

Apr 21, 2007
Exmouth
Pogleswoody":2nzdbckm said:
Andy Holland":2nzdbckm said:
Ollieargyle9":2nzdbckm said:
MarkMatthews":2nzdbckm said:
Ollieargyle9":2nzdbckm said:

Wouldn't we all be screwed even more if there were chains across the far side of all the exits? ;) :lol:

There are stewards directing you to the nearest exit! My dad and I regularly used to leave block 10 after the final whistle and turn right and head toward the big exit in the Devonport End. This season there have been stewards stopping you and sending you out of the last exit on the Lyndhurst side. The same applies to the exit in front of us. Theres always 2 or 3 stewards acting as a barrier so people leave by the closest exit

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Pogleswoody":x2c3wxjv said:
But why waste your time watching the previous 88 minutes? If you want to be well away from HP by 5.00 the best bet is not to go in the first place!! :lol:

' .... and the murderer is .... ' - Come on love, let's go ... beat the rush!! :lol:

Didn't Judi Spiers prove the two - sports and the arts - are vastly different?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gary_Wills":dfv4gpe2 said:
Pogleswoody":dfv4gpe2 said:

Oh Judi Spiers proved it? I didn't realise there had been so much academic research into it! :whistle:

P

Patrick Cussen

What a load of grumpy and intolerant people on this site!

Although I don't leave games early I've regularly observed the Target buses departing on exiting the ground. If like me you sit at the top of the Lyndhurst/Spion and you have a need for the toilet on your way out God help you! I dare say some fans may have missed these buses. Furthermore, some of my friends travel a long distance and have a train to catch and tend to leave a little early for that reason. There can be many good reasons for some needing to leave their seats early. It's great if like me you can stay to the end but please exercise some understanding of others' needs.

PS May I suggest that the Target buses depart a little late?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Patrick Cussen":3azi18g1 said:
What a load of grumpy and intolerant people on this site!

Although I don't leave games early I've regularly observed the Target buses departing on exiting the ground. If like me you sit at the top of the Lyndhurst/Spion and you have a need for the toilet on your way out God help you! I dare say some fans may have missed these buses. Furthermore, some of my friends travel a long distance and have a train to catch and tend to leave a little early for that reason. There can be many good reasons for some needing to leave their seats early. It's great if like me you can stay to the end but please exercise some understanding of others' needs.

PS May I suggest that the Target buses depart a little late?

Is anyone saying you can't leave when you like, or are people saying don't ruin other peoples' experiences when you do? :doh:

May 16, 2016
Gary_Wills":174qcruf said:
Pogleswoody":174qcruf said:

Oh no she didn't.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Gary_Wills":20h176gs said:
Pogleswoody":20h176gs said:

She and the BBC tried to take the pee, but it didn't work ! :lol:

C

CG1983

I recall watching it, but didn't recognise the Argyle Fans who were with Judi.
Who were they?