January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":3tgsjn79 said:
Call me old fashioned but I would rather have a keeper that can save 60 yard efforts. The more experienced defenders in front can organise.

Doesn’t happen often, but I agree with Balham.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’ve seen the Youtube version and I still believe that most EFL keepers would have been sprightly and athletic enough to, at least, divert it for a corner.
I still think Letheren should be in on Saturday and that we should be looking for another keeper.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
JannerinCardiff":y50ik2hp said:
To me it’s a Goalkeeper error all day. A keeper should never be beaten by a 60 yard shot.

They should if it's a perfectly executed shot.

Modern keepers normally stand on the edge of their area when the ball is in the other half, to sweep up any loose/through balls. That does leave them open to a 60-yard lob, but the vision and execution to achieve that basically never happens. Also the quick turnover in possession from Ladapo losing the ball gave him very little time to prepare, as he would have if it was a conventional Southend attack.

It just wasn't an error.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The key issue for me is that it was a freak moment that didn't cost us the game, whereas Macey's errors are the basics of goalkeeping - regularly beaten at near post, no command of area, not collecting crosses into 6 yard box, parrying shots back into danger area - could and have cost us goals.

If Letheren regularly gets beaten by shots from the opposition half then he deserves the criticism. He deserves to keep his place until Adams signs a better keeper.

Sep 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2zv3cj9b said:
The key issue for me is that it was a freak moment that didn't cost us the game, whereas Macey's errors are the basics of goalkeeping - regularly beaten at near post, no command of area, not collecting crosses into 6 yard box, parrying shots back into danger area - could and have cost us goals.

If Letheren regularly gets beaten by shots from the opposition half then he deserves the criticism. He deserves to keep his place until Adams signs a better keeper.

Exactly this. Even Adams himself wasn't critical of what happened. In fact, he said that everyone was excellent. Macey is a liability and its pleasing to see Adams keeping faith with Letheren. Barring injury to Letheren I can't see Macey getting back into the starting line up

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1h3l7ltg said:
Balham_Green":1h3l7ltg said:
Call me old fashioned but I would rather have a keeper that can save 60 yard efforts. The more experienced defenders in front can organise.

Just shows how wrong you usually are then. :wave:

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1wk97pkm said:

Whether it cost us the game is totally irrelevant. Are you saying if we had only been 1 up Letheren would have saved it?

Sep 6, 2006
Ross":qznylk5g said:
JannerinCardiff":qznylk5g said:
I’ve seen camera angles from the halfway line and also behind the goal. From the camera behind the goal You can’t see the ball until quite late on. Letheren would have been able to see the ball from when it was kicked in Southends half. The goal didn’t go in the top corner or anything so was perfectly saveable. To me it’s a Goalkeeper error all day. A keeper should never be beaten by a 60 yard shot.

You're kidding right?

It was a fluke. Give that kid another 100 shots and he couldn't do it again.

Correct it was a fluke. Doesnt mean Keeper shouldnt have saved it.

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Any rumours? Goalkeepers not included.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":2zdn0aqj said:

I think Letheren was at fault, but it was a freK goal and you’ll not find a keeper in the world that doesn’t make a mistake.

Letheren to stay no.1 over Macey at the moment for me.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":247qe1yt said:
JannerinCardiff":247qe1yt said:
Balham_Green":247qe1yt said:

Or perhaps you’re right just this once.. :)

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
subbuteo":3uhszm63 said:
Any rumours? Goalkeepers not included.

We won’t be signing Steven Caulker that I’d heard a spurious rumour about, he’s signed for someone else.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2vqnq58f said:
Balham_Green":2vqnq58f said:
JannerinCardiff":2vqnq58f said:
Balham_Green":2vqnq58f said:

Well as you change your mind regularly you must be right occasionally.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":iz2q1qoa said:
JannerinCardiff":iz2q1qoa said:
JannerinCardiff":iz2q1qoa said:

Well as you change your mind regularly you must be right occasionally.

I changed my mind once, as you well know, so stop going on about it. And right now I think I was right to.