Incoming?? Mickel Miller signs | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming?? Mickel Miller signs

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
We will need a forward with strength and height to make best use of his crosses.

Reactions: Railway sleeper

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
If neither Camara nor Cooper leave, and we add another 2-3 players of the same calibre as the last 2, then on paper we should be looking to push for the playoffs in the hope that we can sustain it (instead of falling short). With the probably tweaks to the way we set ourselves up, the tricky September may work in our favour. Coupled with an 'easier' run in, I feel nicely optimistic

My only reason for saying it is not that l want either to leave but it’s about money.

Camara won’t sign a new deal it appears. For Argyle to let him run his contract down and leave for nothing goes against the business model.

As for Cooper. He has two years left l believe? Unfortunately, with only one year left his price won’t be as strong as it is now. l just feel something may be in the pipeline in the coming weeks. Just a hunch. In the back of my mind Argyle will have ear marked a GK that they will bring in on loan for the season giving them a year to find his replacement.

If both stay, then great. It’s just our business model is producing and selling on.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Wow – after reading thru’ this thread can’t wait to see him. The thing that I particularly liked though was Schuey’s comment about his work rate that was backed up by a Rotherham fan saying the same thing. It’s one thing to sign a good player but it’s just as vital he has the right attitude to ‘fit’. That should be important for any club but even more so for us given the amount of time the players spend together.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Really excited about this signing! Welcome to Home Park MM!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
If neither Camara nor Cooper leave, and we add another 2-3 players of the same calibre as the last 2, then on paper we should be looking to push for the playoffs in the hope that we can sustain it (instead of falling short). With the probably tweaks to the way we set ourselves up, the tricky September may work in our favour. Coupled with an 'easier' run in, I feel nicely optimistic
I like watchingCam but if there are no takers I'm afraid I'm going to find it hard to watch him kissing the badge.

Sep 2, 2008
The pace that things are going ref Cam, I can only assume he is going to be here next season or he will end up being one of those last minute desperate buys from a team that has missed out on their preferred targets.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Like the look of his inswinging corners as well.
Yeah good to have another player that can take a corner - something I don’t think we’ve done well with for a few seasons at least.

Aug 17, 2011
Absolutely delighted with both signings so far.

On the 'first incoming' thread I said we needed a wide player with pace, a defensive midfielder and a big striker who can hold the ball up so that's two out of three in the bag (though an equivalent to Miller on the opposite flank would also be great).

The fact that other clubs' interest in the players we've signed has been widely reported suggests that not only have we signed players in the roles we needed, but they're also going to be pretty good in those roles (and it points to us having an increasingly competitive budget too).

I felt after the MKD game that we would probably have to take a backward step or two next season to go forward in the longer term, but am rapidly becoming more optimistic.