Incoming?? Mickel Miller signs | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming?? Mickel Miller signs

Lameiras Fan

🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹
Jun 27, 2022
Portugal
Looks very two footed to me looking at the clips of him. Hopefully means he can do a job on the right or left, he appears something very different to what our current wing backs offer.

Hopefully we can keep him fit. Apart from Galloway, since RL and Schuey took over, we have managed to improve the injury records of a few players. Wilson, Grant, Scarr and Houghton have all had their fair share of injuries over the years but (touch wood) none of them were particularly injury prone last season.
Was gonna say, from his highlights he's definitely left footed but looks very comfortable on his right regardless. Can add a layer of unpredictability to his game.

Lameiras Fan

🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹
Jun 27, 2022
Portugal
I also wonder if there's a possibility we might see Grant on the midfield more this year, especially if/when Pan leaves.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
2 very targeted first choice players signed already. How refreshing and exciting is that.

Clearly the club has become a genuine attractive option to decent players that have multiple options available to them.

Real quality adding to the team. Another 1 or 2 please and a few loans and we could be in for another good season.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
2 very targeted first choice players signed already. How refreshing and exciting is that.

Clearly the club has become a genuine attractive option to decent players that have multiple options available to them.

Real quality adding to the team. Another 1 or 2 please and a few loans and we could be in for another good season.

It is positIve but we must wait until the window ends to see where the team is at.

If we lose Camara and Cooper, our two best players from last season, that is a huge blow and maybe something you can’t remedy straight away.

There are clubs making some interesting moves and the margins maybe small in terms of how competitive teams are over one another.

Miller sounds promising but we must see if we can get him out on a regular basis to play games.

Jul 12, 2016

Agreed but still light up front. Wonder if any forwards have been approached yet?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
It is positIve but we must wait until the window ends to see where the team is at.

If we lose Camara and Cooper, our two best players from last season, that is a huge blow and maybe something you can’t remedy straight away.

There are clubs making some interesting moves and the margins maybe small in terms of how competitive teams are over one another.

Miller sounds promising but we must see if we can get him out on a regular basis to play games.
If neither Camara nor Cooper leave, and we add another 2-3 players of the same calibre as the last 2, then on paper we should be looking to push for the playoffs in the hope that we can sustain it (instead of falling short). With the probably tweaks to the way we set ourselves up, the tricky September may work in our favour. Coupled with an 'easier' run in, I feel nicely optimistic

Reactions: Lobster

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We obviously need to wait to see these new players in action but what I do like is that we seem to be beating teams to signing players rather than picking up the leftovers.

Reactions: Railway sleeper

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
As far as I am aware, Miller has no previous links with any of our management squad.

Recent signings have been players who have previously played with or been coached by one of the backroom team.

We obviously need to wait to see these new players in action but what I do like is that we seem to be beating teams to signing players rather than picking up the leftovers.
Don’t want to re-start the old location discussion, but surely now the last three season’s recruitment proves there’s nothing wrong with our location when players judge a club to be progressing, and a stepping stone in their career. The fact we beat Pompey to his signing speaks volumes.

Dec 30, 2020
Absolutely delighted with both signings so far.

On the 'first incoming' thread I said we needed a wide player with pace, a defensive midfielder and a big striker who can hold the ball up so that's two out of three in the bag (though an equivalent to Miller on the opposite flank would also be great).

The fact that other clubs' interest in the players we've signed has been widely reported suggests that not only have we signed players in the roles we needed, but they're also going to be pretty good in those roles (and it points to us having an increasingly competitive budget too).

I felt after the MKD game that we would probably have to take a backward step or two next season to go forward in the longer term, but am rapidly becoming more optimistic.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016