Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight? | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hull - Do we want them to win or lose tonight?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
No they aren't. It might look locked and loaded based on goal difference but Norwich have fought tooth and nail to get into the playoffs, they aren't about to risk giving it up now by fielding a weakened team or laying the beach towels down.

Argyle 0-4 Hull
Birmingham 3-0 Norwich

That's a perfectly possible pair of results. There's absolutely no chance Wagner risks it by doing anything different.

I'm convinced Hull will beat us so it's all on Norwich.
Perfectly possible? šŸ˜Æ
How possible do you reckon? 5%? No that's 1 in 20.... so 1%? or more like 0.1%? That's not what I'd call perfectly possible.

Another kak result for us tonight - the worst possible.

Jun 24, 2008
When I saw the Hull result tonight, I just laughed. If it something could go wrong for us then it will.

With out ongoing bad luck, relegation feels inevitable right now. When was the last time we were in the bottom 3 all season? Would be mad if thats were we end up on the final day.

Reactions: Wexford Green
Sep 28, 2022
How about this scenario...we LET Hull score 4 goals in the first 10 minutes and this news travels to St Andrews. Now, Wagner will be shi**ing himself and tell his team to pull their finger out, stopping Brum from winning, therefore keeping us up! Simple!
How about this scenario, we don't "let" Hull score 4 against us before half time, they just do anyway with us trying our very best!.The Norwich manager will just have to accept another season in the Championship , as an inevitable consequence of Hull City playing Plymouth Argyle in the last remaining fixture of the season.

Dec 3, 2005
We won't be playing, nevermind beating, Leicester for several years.
Ermm we did a few weeks ago, and no one ever thought we would. Strange things happen in this league. Who gave QPR a chance of beating Leeds, let alone 4-0. No-one. Not entirely sure what you are trying to say, with your reply.

Truro Pilgrim

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 17, 2015
We ain't winning the last game, have to pray Birmingham lose, knowing our luck it will be Stansfield getting the winner

Feb 11, 2024
It's about our turn for an odd final day where we win to stay up and deny Hull the play-offs. However, we're Argyle, so I don't see that happening. Lets hope Birmingham loose or draw (and if the draw we only loose by 1 or 2), I think it's our only hope.
Unfortunately the way all the results have gone, it just feels inevitable that we will go down. Lady luck has not been on our side all season, nothing seems to have gone our way

John Squire

Brickfields Donor
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing to fall back on!

I can remember saying to my grandson and those sat around us when Coventry scored that equaliser with the final kick of the game, this loss of two points will come back to haunt us!

Sadly, it has.

But, hey letā€™s not totally give up. We may yet be surprised next Saturday when Argyle win!
My only concern is that we donā€™t seem able to score many goals now.

COME ON YOU GREENS!!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Hindsight is a wonderful thing to fall back on!

I can remember saying to my grandson and those sat around us when Coventry scored that equaliser with the final kick of the game, this loss of two points will come back to haunt us!

Sadly, it has.

But, hey letā€™s not totally give up. We may yet be surprised next Saturday when Argyle win!
My only concern is that we donā€™t seem able to score many goals now.

COME ON YOU GREENS!!
A lot of people keep saying this, but if we'd won that game it probably would have bought Ian Foster a bit longer, and we'd probably be down already, so it's just not the case.

Rissole and chips

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Jul 16, 2023
What do we want?

An Ipswich win means Hull have nothing to play for on final day, but equally it means Norwich have nothing to play for against Birmingham.

I think what we have learnt today is that just because a team has nothing to play for doesn't mean they won't turn up. However, Norwich, if they have the playoffs already, will undoubtedly rest players...

In a weird way I want Hull to win just so Norwich have to get a result against Birmingham. I know we shouldn't rely on others but right now I'd rather that than rely on Argyle...

A disaster would be a draw meaning Hull have something to play for as they can catch WBA but Norwich are out of sight...