Huddersfield v Argyle match thread | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Huddersfield v Argyle match thread

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":356cb7wf said:
Shoenice":356cb7wf said:
You don't care, but you care enough to have replied in the 1st place, and then to have replied with another four paragraphs? Or just a really weak argument perhaps.

I never denied that we won 3-2 or that Mayor was instrumental. And yes, they were kids. Whereas our young players are playing at 1st team level in League 1, the Huddersfield players, much like Tafari Moore and ASB (Arsenal & Man City), will likely end up in non-league and out of football. As mentioned, and not just by myself either, we were facing perhaps the weakest opposition we will face all season. Nothing to get carried away about.

Ah. So you have decided now the word 'kids' doesn't actually refer to age, as commonly understood in the Western world, but level of experience.

So Argyle have no 'kids', Huddersfield have lots of them. They even have a 28 year old 'kid' where as we have Jephcott who aged 20 is most definitely not a 'kid'?
I didnt care for BG's abrupt style but the thing that drove me away from regular posting was this type of Shoenice/Knibbsworth childish back and forth, primary school playground-type arguments where each craves to have the final word. Just agree to disagree without making us endure your mam-for-tat pettiness.

Aug 15, 2015
This is a public forum, and an incredibly soft one at that, if grown men cry over seeing the word 'moron' printed on an internet forum, communicated between two strangers they don't even know. Totally bizarre.

You can always create a private forum and choose to give access to those you want if it gives you such deep depression. The world wide web is a big place. Noone is stopping you.

Aug 15, 2015
ngs01":373lf05r said:
So because they dont play week in week out they are kids compared to the same aged players we have here?

Chelsea bought on Tomori today an England under 21 international who would likely of played with some of the Huddersfield players through the age groups. I'm sure I heard, but may be wrong, he had played something like 50 minutes of 1st team football this season, would you class him as a kid? Would you say hes likely to end up non league? What about Billy Gilmour, Scotland under 21 who has 8 professional appearances in his career?

Just because they play for Huddersfield and are young makes no difference, they are obviously decent players.
[/quote]

The difference being nine of Huddersfield's eleven were youngsters. That is indicative that they are not playing their first team. Did you recognise a name on their teamsheet? I didn't bar the goalkeeper. It's like us putting out a team of Lolos, Law, Pursall, Cleal, Randell, C. Miller and another three from the academy. What team does that in competitive fixtures? Unless, broke, desperate, or some other peculiar reason like COVID-19, no team really does that.

We'll do well to have even 2/3 of those make it at Argyle. I also think that saying they are obviously decent players doesn't necessarily hold much weight. Take ASB & Tafari Moore as per earlier. You can't find anything on Moore, and ASB is now playing in the Conference North.[/quote]

Nine of huddersfields eleven had played 1st team football this season before saturday meaning they only had two debutants, one of which was a 28 year old. Just because you dont recognise them doesnt really hold much weight.[/quote]

Again, a first-team cap in isolation, much like an England U19 cap, doesn't mean anything. Two of the first three youngsters I put in google from the team that played us, have never played for them, so that's already incorrect. Most have played 0-10 times and for the ones aged 20/21, this has probably been accumulated over 2-3 years, just like with Lolos/Law/Randell. They have 27 1st team players, 11 Huddersfield Town B players, and 22 U19 players (according to their website). That's a total of 60 'professionals' on their books. 60 obviously decent players then. Agreed - me not knowing them doesn't hold much weight. That was a side note. But at least my argument holds weight.

Jul 13, 2006
Shoenice":29wiyvst said:
ngs01":29wiyvst said:
So because they dont play week in week out they are kids compared to the same aged players we have here?

Chelsea bought on Tomori today an England under 21 international who would likely of played with some of the Huddersfield players through the age groups. I'm sure I heard, but may be wrong, he had played something like 50 minutes of 1st team football this season, would you class him as a kid? Would you say hes likely to end up non league? What about Billy Gilmour, Scotland under 21 who has 8 professional appearances in his career?

Just because they play for Huddersfield and are young makes no difference, they are obviously decent players.

The difference being nine of Huddersfield's eleven were youngsters. That is indicative that they are not playing their first team. Did you recognise a name on their teamsheet? I didn't bar the goalkeeper. It's like us putting out a team of Lolos, Law, Pursall, Cleal, Randell, C. Miller and another three from the academy. What team does that in competitive fixtures? Unless, broke, desperate, or some other peculiar reason like COVID-19, no team really does that.

We'll do well to have even 2/3 of those make it at Argyle. I also think that saying they are obviously decent players doesn't necessarily hold much weight. Take ASB & Tafari Moore as per earlier. You can't find anything on Moore, and ASB is now playing in the Conference North.[/quote]

Nine of huddersfields eleven had played 1st team football this season before saturday meaning they only had two debutants, one of which was a 28 year old. Just because you dont recognise them doesnt really hold much weight.[/quote]

Again, a first-team cap in isolation, much like an England U19 cap, doesn't mean anything. Two of the first three youngsters I put in google from the team that played us, have never played for them, so that's already incorrect. Most have played 0-10 times and for the ones aged 20/21, this has probably been accumulated over 2-3 years, just like with Lolos/Law/Randell. They have 27 1st team players, 11 Huddersfield Town B players, and 22 U19 players (according to their website). That's a total of 60 'professionals' on their books. 60 obviously decent players then. Agreed - me not knowing them doesn't hold much weight. That was a side note. But at least my argument holds weight.[/quote]
They won't have that many players on their books! It's Huddersfield Town! Some of the B team will be u19 and vice versa.

Mar 21, 2013
Willis88":29xhnr7d said:
Jesus!

We won a game, enjoy it.

Some people just can't be happy.

:facepalm:

Indeed, sadly it’s what some on here do, god forbid if we had lost against their ‘kids’, imagine this site then.

Can never understand a supporter desperately trying to find any negative in their team under the guise of being “honest/realistic/more knowledgeable of the game” & then trying so hard to convince others that they’re wrong. If you focus on the negatives then fine, go nuts & make your point if you like, but what drives someone to obsess over trying to change a strangers mind on a forum?!...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Don't_Panic":1h4s2gag said:
Willis88":1h4s2gag said:
Jesus!

We won a game, enjoy it.

Indeed, sadly it’s what some on here do, god forbid if we had lost against their ‘kids’, imagine this site then.

Can never understand a supporter desperately trying to find any negative in their team under the guise of being “honest/realistic/more knowledgeable of the game” & then trying so hard to convince others that they’re wrong. If you focus on the negatives then fine, go nuts & make your point if you like, but what drives someone to obsess over trying to change a strangers mind on a forum?!...
Exactly. Very well put.

Aug 15, 2015
memory man":3nvajqa8 said:
Don't_Panic":3nvajqa8 said:
Willis88":3nvajqa8 said:
Jesus!

We won a game, enjoy it.

Exactly. Very well put.

Lol. Admittedly, its gone too far and pointlessly so. I guess that's what happens in debates or when you have opposing viewpoints. All I did say was that Mayor was brilliant and let's see that form in L1 and not against a second string Huddersfield side, and I got stick for it :lol:. I snapped at what I saw as unnecessary jibing and then proceeded to just defend my viewpoint. Oh well.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shoenice":it066w7u said:
memory man":it066w7u said:
Don't_Panic":it066w7u said:
Willis88":it066w7u said:
Jesus!

We won a game, enjoy it.

Exactly. Very well put.

Lol. Admittedly, its gone too far and pointlessly so. I guess that's what happens in debates or when you have opposing viewpoints. All I did say was that Mayor was brilliant and let's see that form in L1 and not against a second string Huddersfield side, and I got stick for it :lol:. I snapped at what I saw as unnecessary jibing and then proceeded to just defend my viewpoint. Oh well.
even better put lol. I think we'll be waiting a while for your opponent to post in a similar vein to your's