Home Park capacity | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park capacity

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Liverpool replay in 2017 was just over 17,000 so if the claim is correct, it will be higher than that.

The club are saying league game.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The Liverpool replay in 2017 was just over 17,000 so if the claim is correct, it will be higher than that.
We are losing over 1,000 in the grandstand and I'm not sure how many seats we have in the lower mayflower compared to the temporary seating for that match but it should be somewhere close to that.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Still a bit surprised the two strips that make up Block H (30 seats) at the BPE of the Lower Mayflower haven't gone on sale.

I'll be interested tomorrow to see if anyone's sitting there. It had been suggested stewards/first aiders etc - but you would have thought the club would have welcomed having supporters sat there when everywhere else is sold out.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I read somewhere that the upper Mayflower holds 2680 when full. Take off the 900 ST holders and the 175 made available yesterday leaves 1600 odd empty seats. Add that to the 330 segregation, the 100 (ish) not sold by Ipswich and as mentioned above 'Block' H and gives a capacity of 16570. We all know that there will be no shows but depends if they count the turnstile figures or the tickets sold. But in the end does it really matter? As long as Argyle win, I don't care what the crowd is. There will be plenty enough there to swell the coffers. Just hoping that the power crazed Lyndhurst Security personnel are 1. Actually there on time and 2. Accept that fans are going to attend games with items that have some form of metal in them . Who is actually going to throw their car/house keys or £800 of iphone onto the pitch however upset they get?

Jan 11, 2017
And for a league 1 game, I guess you have to go all the way back to the Sturrock / Bobby era for a higher crowd, at the end of that title winning season.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Well there we go:

“Considering all the factors outlined above, and based on a fully sold-out away end, a capacity crowd for Saturday’s game would be in the region of 16,300. Based on current away ticket sales, it is expected that the sell-out figure will be around 16,000.”

Thanks to the club, really appreciate the clarity here.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Ditto - thanks for the clarification Argyle. I'm nerdy enough to find this sort of stuff fascinating.

Thanks for posting (y)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
How many of them did we win 😫 (in 90 mins) time to put the “same ole Argo” theory to bed
Aaarghhh… No, no, no. Stop it. Rewind the clock. Get in a Time Machine. Delete the post. I’ve been desperately trying to avoid saying, typing or alluding to this phrase all week. The world has change in the last 18 months. Have you not noticed?

Reactions: Green 1886

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Apr 3, 2010
I haven’t been up there since the refurbished mayflower but why is the concourse such an issue now?

I know that it was pretty narrow already but there are still a similar amount of seats up there as there were before trying to make sense of how we can only accommodate only 50% capacity in that area of the ground.

I know the legroom is an issue also but I can’t see that that would be the reason they’re restricting capacity to those levels, sounds like a health and safety issue especially when we had to apply to the council for further use of seats within that area.

Might seem like a basic analysis but if the concourse is now much smaller than it was previous why was this not flagged up as a concern, we’re lucky this is the first time we’re due to lose money out of this error if we keep performing we might be set to lose out fairly often.

Reactions: Voice of Reason