Gyabi goes back to Leeds | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gyabi goes back to Leeds

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Sorry Cobi - I just don't agree about Forshaw. He doesn't look after the ball that's the problem. From what I've seen he gives it away badly - he came on against Ipswich and immediately made a couple of hideous blunders that nearly led to goals. We fell apart from that moment he replaced Houghton, who does look after the ball and was playing well. He was shocking against Sheff Wed and fell over somehow that led to their goal (and No - he wasn't tripped). When Houghton replaced him suddenly we started to belatedly play a bit.

I'd love for Forshaw to make me look a complete mug (feel free to quote me) but he just seems a poor man's Houghton to me. Randell provides the bite, energy and can pick a pass and occasional goal, but we lack someone more creative and someone like Gyabi who can cover a lot of ground and be a bit unpredictable.

Your assessment of him against Ipswich is valid, he was wasteful (albeit rusty). In his first few games he was the complete opposite and was the only player who offered a bit of composure.

Anyway, I would also go for Houghton with Randell and Devine as dual 8’s to get more bodies forward.

Reactions: Paul green14

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
real shame i thought he was very good.perhaps having a week off didn't help.as we all know when sports players have a break they stiffen up.caleb to start for me.

The week off didn’t effect him (injury wise)

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Your assessment of him against Ipswich is valid, he was wasteful (albeit rusty). In his first few games he was the complete opposite and was the only player who offered a bit of composure.

Anyway, I would also go for Houghton with Randell and Devine as dual 8’s to get more bodies forward.
Exactly this. He was great when he first joined but post-injury was poor. Hopefully the break will have got him back to his previous level again.
I also think Gyabi will be a miss. Yes, he's inconsistent but he was really good in some of the games and provided the energy in midfield we otherwise lacked. We don't have another player like him.

May 3, 2017
Sorry Cobi - I just don't agree about Forshaw. He doesn't look after the ball that's the problem. From what I've seen he gives it away badly - he came on against Ipswich and immediately made a couple of hideous blunders that nearly led to goals. We fell apart from that moment he replaced Houghton, who does look after the ball and was playing well. He was shocking against Sheff Wed and fell over somehow that led to their goal (and No - he wasn't tripped). When Houghton replaced him suddenly we started to belatedly play a bit.

I'd love for Forshaw to make me look a complete mug (feel free to quote me) but he just seems a poor man's Houghton to me. Randell provides the bite, energy and can pick a pass and occasional goal, but we lack someone more creative and someone like Gyabi who can cover a lot of ground and be a bit unpredictable.
There is no doubt Forshaw is a decent player but I think he’s been hampered by hamstring issues which has limited his impact. Hopefully this break will give him some recovery time allowing him to make more of an impression on the team.

Jul 12, 2016
We are struggling enough without losing a midfielder. Fate is dictating we will not be in the championship for long!

Reactions: jimsing
Sep 6, 2006

Ex Premier League is a poor man's Houghton! Seriously?

Oct 31, 2015
Oh dear.

Good luck to Gyabi on a speedy recovery and thank you.

I dont think this helps us at all and as people know I'm not in the IF camp at all so will watch with interest what his plans are.

I just don't see Devine, Forshaw or Wright being the answer

Oct 1, 2013
I actually thought Devine played well against Preston when he came on in a deeper midfield role.
A role that others have mentioned he played for at Port Vale.

Would be good if we can utilise him there and perhaps free up Randell further forward who clearly has an eye for goal.

Dec 3, 2005
Gyabi was starting to play well for us, it's a shame for him and us, these things happen, I wish him well, we will just aft to move on.

Reactions: Paul green14
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The Bundu Index. The longer a player doesn’t play the better they get.
Bundu has been very popular all season, whether injured or not. Most of the people who have mentioned Callum Wright have been people who have always backed him too. The idea that they're only being mentioned because they've been out of the team for a while is nonsense.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have just seen this thread.. It is certainly very regrettable the guy has had to return to base. Whilst there is a difference of opinion as the quality of his recent performances, in his absence, should another midfielder, say, Forshaw get crocked, then Argyle's midfield options will be limited indeed. When fighting relegation battles at this time of the season ALL hands to the pump are required.