Gyabi goes back to Leeds | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gyabi goes back to Leeds

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
He played well against Middlesbrough but otherwise I havenā€™t been overly impressed. Houghton, Randell, Forshaw and Devine come above him in the pecking order for me.

Best of luck to him though, hopefully he can get himself fit and get another loan move next season.
Houghton and Randell are different players ...... I honestly don't get Forshaw at all - he's had some rank bad games imo ..... Devine shown flashes but that's all - Gyabi has at least shown athleticism and some kind of real threat and he did boss the game at 'Boro. This is kak news.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Houghton and Randell are different players ...... I honestly don't get Forshaw at all - he's had some rank bad games imo ..... Devine shown flashes but that's all - Gyabi has at least shown athleticism and some kind of real threat and he did boss the game at 'Boro. This is kak news.

Fair enough, personally I like Forshaw, I think he looks after the ball well, Gyabi is too raw and unpredictable for a relegation battle, I donā€™t doubt heā€™ll have a decent career in the game, I just donā€™t think heā€™s the kind of player we need right now. Admittedly this does now reduce our depth which is obviously disappointing.

Dec 26, 2022
That's a shame. Gyabi has recently been playing in the number 10 role so maybe the door now opens for Wright to play.
Let's hope not! What is the obsession with Wright? Made reasonable contribution towards end of last season but never up to Championship standard. Not for me - too lightweight and no pace...

Andy in Peverell

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
The potential is there to be a decent modern day player(athletic, mobile, good engine)
but for me heā€™s very raw and very inconsistent and not what we needed battling relegation. Whilst it obviously weakens the Squad depth id say heā€™s not that big a miss.

Played very well away at Boro but Iā€™m amazed Leeds paid the reported Ā£4/5 million for him as I canā€™t see him getting anywhere near their midfield anytime soon.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
That's a shame. Gyabi has recently been playing in the number 10 role so maybe the door now opens for Wright to play.

Personally I hope we move to a three man midfield that adds Devine in a slightly more traditional attacking midfield role akin to what Azaz played, which keeps Bundu or Mumba left wing. I thought Devine looked good in his cameo vs Preston.

In my opinion our biggest issue beyond all else since Foster arrived is how wedded weā€™ve been to the 3-4-3. Donā€™t like it one bit and it clearly doesnā€™t suit us or play to our strengths.

Thereā€™s a reason Schuey went to a 4-3-3 after a 3-4-2-1 had won us 101 pointsā€¦

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Personally I hope we move to a three man midfield that adds Devine in a slightly more traditional attacking midfield role akin to what Azaz played, which keeps Bundu or Mumba left wing. I thought Devine looked good in his cameo vs Preston.

In my opinion our biggest issue beyond all else since Foster arrived is how wedded weā€™ve been to the 3-4-3. Donā€™t like it one bit and it clearly doesnā€™t suit us or play to our strengths.

Thereā€™s a reason Schuey went to a 4-3-3 after a 3-4-2-1 had won us 101 pointsā€¦

Totally agree.

Iā€™d like to a see a midfield three of Forshaw, Houghton and Devine (Randell interchangeable with Houghton).

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Fair enough, personally I like Forshaw, I think he looks after the ball well, Gyabi is too raw and unpredictable for a relegation battle, I donā€™t doubt heā€™ll have a decent career in the game, I just donā€™t think heā€™s the kind of player we need right now. Admittedly this does now reduce our depth which is obviously disappointing.
Sorry Cobi - I just don't agree about Forshaw. He doesn't look after the ball that's the problem. From what I've seen he gives it away badly - he came on against Ipswich and immediately made a couple of hideous blunders that nearly led to goals. We fell apart from that moment he replaced Houghton, who does look after the ball and was playing well. He was shocking against Sheff Wed and fell over somehow that led to their goal (and No - he wasn't tripped). When Houghton replaced him suddenly we started to belatedly play a bit.

I'd love for Forshaw to make me look a complete mug (feel free to quote me) but he just seems a poor man's Houghton to me. Randell provides the bite, energy and can pick a pass and occasional goal, but we lack someone more creative and someone like Gyabi who can cover a lot of ground and be a bit unpredictable.